Goldwing Dead in the Water.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky
    started a topic Goldwing Dead in the Water.

Goldwing Dead in the Water.

Everything was running great.Then I checked my oil and it was 1.2 ounces low.
    I added a 1/2 quart of Left Hand Blinker Fluid to the Fuse box, and it started right up.

Took it our for 300 mile ride and it purr's like a new bike again.

I was worried I would have to take the mufflers off for bearing service.

Taking all the air out of the tires didn't effect the sound??

Fortunately, When I turned on the Wiper,The mufflers were spinning smoothly.

I love a happy ending.

• kwthom
    commented on 's reply
    Um...wrong!

• Mattbcnv
    replied
    Originally posted by ShooterF6B View Post
    Matt don't use that Honolulu air. It has volcanic Ash in it. Corrodes the tire from the inside out. Eat up a perfectly good Michelin last time I tried it. Phoenix air is really clean. It's the warmest of all the summer air.
    Good point....

mattbcnv

Leave a comment:

• ShooterF6B
    replied
    Matt don't use that Honolulu air. It has volcanic Ash in it. Corrodes the tire from the inside out. Eat up a perfectly good Michelin last time I tried it. Phoenix air is really clean. It's the warmest of all the summer air.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattbcnv View Post

I stand corrected, what the heck was I thinking ......

note to self, change air in tire to “summer blend” ok got it

mattbcnv
    I use the Denver air during the cooler months.

Click image for larger version

Name:	il_570xN.543183435_qwaa.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	112849

Seeing hows its getting warmer I had to say By to Denver

for the Aloha air.

Name:	61QoO5ddWlL._SY679_.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	112850

Leave a comment:

• ShooterF6B
    replied
    Hey you gotta use some restraint when running the 110. I didn't mean run it in the tires. Richard that's a bizarre story. I believe it though. If it's on the intraweb it has to be true.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Edward
    replied
    I know a guy who knows a guy whose neighbor's wife's 2nd cousin twice removed ran some 110 octane racing fuel in his rear dark side tire and the bike ran so well, he did a burnout and the tire exploded then the Goldwing crashed and burned leaving the guy in terrible pain for the next 15-1/2 minutes and a disfigured appearance every day except for the 2nd Tuesday of each week.

Leave a comment:

• Mattbcnv
    replied
    You guys. I wonder how you chew gum and walk at the same time. Especially Matt. Until you get the winter air out of the tires and replace it with a summer blend it's not gonna act right. Rocky needs to run some 93 octane in his.
    I stand corrected, what the heck was I thinking ......

note to self, change air in tire to “summer blend” ok got it

mattbcnv

Leave a comment:

• Rocky
    replied
    [QUOTE=Richard Edward;n112821]
    Rocky needs to run 93 octane in his summer aired tires?
    Richard. Running only 93 Octane is for the slow guys.

I run Sunoco 110 Octane, Aircraft/Racing fuel in my summer tires. That's the only way to Fly!.

Name:	Sunoco_Racing_Navy_Drum__64317.1544034471.1280.1280.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	112830

Leave a comment:

• clayusmcret
    replied
    [QUOTE=Richard Edward;n112821]
    You guys. I wonder how you chew gum and walk at the same time. Especially Matt. Until you get the winter air out of the tires and replace it with a summer blend it's not gonna act right. Rocky needs to run some 93 octane in his.[/QUOTE]
    I wondered the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Edward
    replied
    [QUOTE=ShooterF6B;n112819]You guys. I wonder how you chew gum and walk at the same time. Especially Matt. Until you get the winter air out of the tires and replace it with a summer blend it's not gonna act right. Rocky needs to run some 93 octane in his.[/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• ShooterF6B
    replied
    You guys. I wonder how you chew gum and walk at the same time. Especially Matt. Until you get the winter air out of the tires and replace it with a summer blend it's not gonna act right. Rocky needs to run some 93 octane in his.

Leave a comment:

• Micky Runey
    replied
    Mine was running a bit "rough" until I rolled it outside and applied a nitrogen mix to the air cleaner. All better now.

Leave a comment:

• Gizmo
    replied
    Hmmm...1.2 oz. low on oil is kind of worrisome. Better make sure your dipstick is calibrated correctly. There is a procedure for that at www.analwinger.com.

Leave a comment:

• Mattbcnv
    replied
    That’s what I did ... no problems so far..

mattbcnv

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page