• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A motorcycle...

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

2015 gl1800

My 2016, bought last year. Only rode it about 4500 miles last year. Hopefully more this summer.

2018 DCT, have many bikes, but, my first GW. Walked into the dealership looking at the 2018's, salesman sized me up and noticed my age. Just looking I commented, to which he replied " Guys like you are looking for their last new bike." I chuckled, test rode it and bought it. Really like this cycle.😁

2018 Tour DCT, Red

2007 GL1800B (airbag) in Newport Blue
            2007 GL18B

Traded my 2018 Indian Chieftain for 2018 Goldwing DCT, never looking back! Absolutely love my Wing I'm spoiled forever.

2008 Pearl White Level 3

2018 GL1833 - Blue

I have a 2018 Tour DCT in red and my wife has a 2018 Tour DCT in white, both with about 22.000 on them and I still like my 07 VTX1800F in yellow that I bought new.

So I have two Goldwings 08&09 do I get to vote twice???
                      RogueWing
                      Visit Our Youtube Channel

Red 2010 Audio Comfort
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Goldwing.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	425.0 KB
ID:	113955

2015 GL1800C Valkyrie Candy Prominence Red

2001 gl1800

2018 GL1833 Tour, Pearl White, Manual gears.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4435.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	113966I wanted a GW or F6B with every fiber of my being. It was not meant to be for the following reasons.
                                1. The F6B does not have ABS. After 40 years of riding and 500,000 miles on BMW's, an a few others....ABS saved my hide 3 times. BIG TIME...Seriously saved my butt!
                                2. I was going to buy the new 2018 GW. After riding and seeing its short comings and reception, I knew that it would be hard to sell and it has issues.
                                3. The older GW's are ok, but IMHO overly complicated, super heavy at a stop and going slow, I do not like the way the W/S causes air to come around the back and beat my helmet, you can not get one with out a W/S, the motor seems like you always need to shift, and most important the tires are over loaded per their specs when bike is fully loaded and 2up. Tires on an Indian last 15 to 25k depending on how you ride. That fact alone tells the tale of how under stressed they are.
                                4. My wife prefers riding on my Indian VS the GW we rented.

The next best choice was my Indian Springfield. It can transform from back road fast cruiser to HIGH way monster. BTW, I DO NOT LIKE, LIKE I DO NOT riding the Interstates. Vehicular traffic these days are rude, careless and could careless! Every other vehicle seems to be an 18 wheeler. Way to many are F****ng crazy!

THAT SAID: The folks who ride GW's are just the best ever. I prefer them to H/D pilots and BMW pilots. So far the Indian pilots seem to be a humble and decent bunch. The fact of the matter is.... It does NOT matter what you ride. What MATTERS is that you ride! Brothers and Sisters on TWO WHEELS. But, you asked the question so I gave you an answer with explanation.

• RoadRat
                                  RoadRat commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Racegun, good looking bike and you nailed it when you said......doesn't matter what you ride, what matters is that you ride. Everybody's needs/wants are different and you found the bike that fits your bucket list. Enjoy and safe travels.

2018 dct tour

2003 GL1800 Black with trailer

2018 DCT Tour

• 2010 GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow Goldwing w/Motor trike kit.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page