X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Nhsta Brake Recall

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...tsa_ids=14V472

Not sure if this matters to many folks, but this ticks me off, particularly since it is a brake issue. The NHTSA posting says it applies to "2001-2010 and 2012 GL1800 and 2001-2005 GL1800A motorcycles." This implies (to me) that there was a fix that Honda implemented for 2013 model year and beyond. That being the case, why are we just now hearing about it? Just curious.

Thanks for posting it
    zg1286.
    Richard
    Darksider #390
    Murgie's FAQ

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I just came from the dealer who said it was a recal of the recall. They ran my vin and gave me a print out that said my 12 had no active recalls that needed completed. Also a friend sent me a copy of the letter honda sent to NTSA says owners would be notified by 9-1-14. I got nothing. Bike seems fine. Who knows. Noticed that it could start a fire-oh well I do like the new black and red bikes

Thank you for posting this info. You can never be too safe. Get it checked, and you might want to have a copy of the Recall notice from NHTSA with you.

Thanks for the post just like the last recall i never even got a letter. Well back to the sealers i go. Have one 7 miles from me were bought the wing but they suck got screwed there twice will not be a 3rd, The most honest dealer is 50 miles aways ???
          2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

What I don't understand...If..."root cause has not been determined" and it is continuing to investigate.

Then why are they not checking the 13,and 14 models??? Nothing changed as far as I know between 12 & 13,14 Brakes

Any Idea's??

John
            John - Richmond 2013 GL1800, Level 3

Maybe the first recall was just quick check they know whats going on mama Honda fights until there forced in to taking action. They solved the problem in 2012
              2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

There is a second web page you can check. It is a 4 page document from Honda and what to expect. On the 4th page there is a list of VIN's . Check carefully the list is not chronological. Unfortunately my 2012 is listed. www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cams/cs...V472-9670P.pdf

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...V472-9670P.pdf
                  Attached Files
                  TheGLForum Discussion Forums
                  Richard
                  Darksider #390
                  Murgie's FAQ

Mine is listed also here we go to the Dealer hope my car tire gets threw again they never even notice it on the last recall.

Originally posted by Rick S View Post
                      Also a friend sent me a copy of the letter honda sent to NTSA says owners would be notified by 9-1-14
                      Well... Not exactly:

The estimated date to begin sending notifications to owners: August 18,2014

The estimated date of completion of the notification: September 1, 2014

2007 Crucible Orange Metallic
                      2009 Kawasaki Red Concours 14
                      AMA Life Member 0672853
                      IBA Member 8846 Premier
                      NRA Life Member

My 2003A is part of this recall. I have not heard from Honda. They do not know what the problem is, so why take it to the dealer now? I think I will wait till they figure it out.
                        Iron Station, NC
                        2003 GL1800A Illusion Blue
                        USAF

If I can get the necessary parts (if required) I'm not gonna take mine to the dealer at all. If the parts needed are expensive or hard to get, I may change my mind.
                          2007 Crucible Orange Metallic
                          2009 Kawasaki Red Concours 14
                          AMA Life Member 0672853
                          IBA Member 8846 Premier
                          NRA Life Member

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page