Hearing Aids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing Aids

We had a pretty good discussion on Ear Protection and now I want to take it to the next level.......Hearing Aids
    I have been eligible for hearing aids from the VA for a long time but never took them up on their offer. !00% my stupidity for a variety of reasons. My question is for any of you that use hearing aids supplied by the VA. My recent hearing test at the VA gave me a shock as I have severe loss in my left ear and moderate to severe in my right ear. I knew that my hearing was getting worse as my wife was getting pretty ****ed at her constantly having to ask me Did You Hear Me!, and it wasn't the normal Selective Hearing when a spouse is talking to you, lol My question is what is your experience with the VA hearing aids. I have been told that they are old technology and don't help very much. What say you???? Remember VA hearing aids only.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Paul, Can you hear me now? I have the "VA" hearing aids since July and I'm still getting used to them.They are programmable to your individual hearing and they have a remote control that you can adjust up or down and have settings for home, outdoors and crowds. They give you a 6 months supply of batteries and earwax plugs and the paperwork to order more on your own for free. I have to turn mine down because it amplifies the sounds so much. I guess my hearing is that bad. They will replace them once every five years for free, is what I was told. I believe Buster from Idaho has them as well.
    DS#1146 IBA#55800 50CC,BBG, BB1500 x2, SS2K, SS1Kx3 CERTIFIED ALL DS, PGR RC
    2010 Level3 Endeavor Reverse Trike BS Driveguard

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

RoadRat commented
      4 minutes ago

Jimmy thanks for your info on your experience with them. You must have been shouting very loud because I did hear you. lol
      One more question, do yours go inside the ear canal or are they the kind that are on the outside over your ear. Thanks again
      When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
      Jimi Hendrix
      Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Inside the ear canal, sorry for the slow response I did the Bite the Weenie Ride

weeni

• RoadRat
          RoadRat commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem Jimmy. Thanks for getting back to me.
          Hope that hot dog was tasty!

It was, it's nice to try a different one every year. Little chilly on the ride but clear and dry.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page