Ctx700

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ctx700

I am picking up a CTX700N (not DCT) that my Brother who recently passed away gifted to me.
    Do any of you have one or know someone who does?
    I am not trying to compare it to a Wing,just wondering what you thought of them.
    I think it is going to be a fun little motorcycle for short jaunts.

Nice easy to ride bike, but slooooooowww.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

There are a couple of short-statured LD riders out there that have turned these into a respectable steed for that style of riding...

It would definitely be a useful commuter bike - I'd have one of those toward the top of the "when I'm done with a Wing" lists...

I have a friend who has one and really likes it for around town and short rides of 100-150 mi. You will definitely enjoy the fuel mileage that they get.
        When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
        Jimi Hendrix
        Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

The gas millage is great for sure.
          My brother got almost 70mpg riding back roads I believe he had said.
          I could be wrong,but I am sure that is what he told me.
          Since it is going to be my day cruiser off and on,it will be good.
          My main motorcycle will still be my F6B.

• RoadRat
            RoadRat commented
            Editing a comment
            Your brother was correct as my friend was getting that kind of fuel mileage on many of his rides.
            I'm sure you will enjoy the bike and the memory of your brother will be present every time you ride it.

It's actually a pretty fun bike. We had one for a while, mainly for my girlfriend to ride. Ours was the DCT, but that's neither here nor there.

It was great for, as others have said, just goofing around on a day trip or whipping around through town to do a couple of errands. I kind of liked the feet-forward seating position, almost felt like I was kind of reclining back.

Was perfectly respectable on curvy roads, stable at freeway speeds, and the blacked-out engine and wheels looked really good. All in all, a fun little bike. Kind of regret we sold it. Oh well.

Only knock would be power, the DCT could get up and go but obviously it was a little sluggish compared to what most of us are used to. With the manual, you'll probably have a little more oomph.

My buddy that we frequently ride with has a DCT model- nice riding- you’ll have fun

No worries Doug. If it breaks down I can put it in the saddlebag of the B and you can ride Biotch on the way home.

I was thinking how bored I will be waiting for you to fill up 4 times to my 1! ROTFLMAO

My Condolences to your Brothers passing.

I'm sure he'll be pleased to watch you enjoy riding his bike. You'll be keeping his memory alive.

I restored my brothers CB900C, (I'm giving it to his oldest son to enjoy)
                  You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Rocky,
                    you are spot on.
                    I am going to add a couple more accessories that he planned on installing.
                    It is going to be a great commuter,150 miler bike!😀

Originally posted by flat6bagger View Post
                      I was thinking how bored I will be waiting for you to fill up 4 times to my 1! ROTFLMAO
                      Oh contrare Doug. It only holds 3.17 gallons. At 70 mpg that's 221.90 miles. I have no problem getting 40+ mpg on the B. At 6.6 gallons that's 264 miles. You'll be pushing 42.1 miles before I am.

Doug , don't make me have to do that again. I enjoy it too much. You and the wife have a safe trip. Stay strong brother.

Originally posted by ShooterF6B View Post

Oh contrare Doug. It only holds 3.17 gallons. At 70 mpg that's 221.90 miles. I have no problem getting 40+ mpg on the B. At 6.6 gallons that's 264 miles. You'll be pushing 42.1 miles before I am.

well there is that I guess!🙄😀

LMAO. You're ok dude.

Well here is the CTX700 I got from my brother.
                              I foresee this being a fun little bike to ride off and on.
                              Especially the short trips.
                              The barrel bag is just sitting there so I could see if it will work with the rack that is installed.
                              Donn had Hartco redo the seat.
                              When I rode it for a little bit while in Florida,it seemed really comfortable.

• RoadRat
                                RoadRat commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Definitely a fun bike. Enjoy!

Good looking bike Doug. Might be fun for a change.

Great for carving the treacherous curves we have here in Illinois.
                                much more nimble than the b.
                                I won't have to be scared of them like when I am on the heavy F6B. ROTFLMAO

Originally posted by flat6bagger View Post
                                  Great for carving the treacherous curves we have here in Illinois.
                                  much more nimble than the b.
                                  I won't have to be scared of them like when I am on the heavy F6B. ROTFLMAO
                                  Now hold on there big fella. Don't go getting crazy on those Illinois meet-yourself-curves.
                                  2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
                                  USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
                                  US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
                                  2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
                                  2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

The tightest "S" curves in Illinois are at the exits on Interstate 55

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page