•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kwthom
    commented on 's reply
    4.5 gallons of capacity, as calculated.

My estimate (tank fab, brackets, Rivco hitch, fuel pump, miscellaneous) would be ~$1300

The tank mount uses the Rivco receiver to hold it onto the bike - quite a setup.

• Wilsonbigears
    replied
    The last Aux tank I put on a bike was a K16 and the cost was around $800 complete. I suspect it will be a little more on this Wing mainly due to the extra cost of the trailer hitch.

Leave a comment:

• clayusmcret
    replied
    Originally posted by kwthom View Post
    The person you need to contact is John Huval from Texas, who contracted out with Boyd Welding in Florida to fabricate the tank...I think John did the brackets and other what-not himself.

A link to another forum that has a photo:

http://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?...question.1998/

It wasn't cheap to do this, but I did look into it.

Hope this helps.
    If I may ask, what's the cost and tank size? I didn't see that on the forum. I like the idea of an add-on that's out of the way like that.

Leave a comment:

• Wilsonbigears
    replied
    Yep I know John and Nadine, I’ll get in touch with hi and see what he can share.
    thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• kwthom
    commented on 's reply
    The motorcycle mount was a Rivco trailer hitch. So, he's able to convert from tail-dragger to standard, plus hitch/rack bag setup.

• kwthom
    replied
    The person you need to contact is John Huval from Texas, who contracted out with Boyd Welding in Florida to fabricate the tank...I think John did the brackets and other what-not himself.

A link to another forum that has a photo:

http://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?...question.1998/

It wasn't cheap to do this, but I did look into it.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Wilsonbigears
    started a topic Auxiliary Fuel Tank?

Auxiliary Fuel Tank?

Im looking for information about installing a tail dragger fuel tank on my new Wing.
    If you have any info I would appreciate the help.
    We did a rally in Tx,Ok and other states last week and the wind and rain took a toll on our gas mileage and we spent way to much time in service stations. I did not want to do another one of these on this Wing but, if we continue doing these rallies it’s a must.
    thanks for the help.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
widgetinstance 272 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X