X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kwthom
    commented on 's reply
    If you are seeing this error message, the page that you are looking for can't be found.

Trust this dude??

Uh, no.

• Rocky
    replied
    I'm not so sure I want to get into Politics again.

The last time I figured I could make Millions in this state (Every other politician does)

I ran for, and won a seat on the City Council.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	135960

Click image for larger version  Name:	PC080178.JPG Views:	4 Size:	113.1 KB ID:	135949

I proposed a State wide Democratic Protologist Vending machine.

The Machine was ingenious.

You insert a CC in the door handle.

You receive 1 token. You step inside the booth.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Booth 2.JPG Views:	4 Size:	36.5 KB ID:	135950

Back up to the clamp, insert your token.

The clamp then closes around your neck.

In an instant your head is extracted.

The Booths were available in a variety of colors.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Colors.JPG Views:	4 Size:	13.0 KB ID:	135951

Unfortunately- The other council members Poo Pooed my idea, And it went into the dumps.

Fast forward to 2020.
    Honda gave me another Idea.
    I have 23,678 of these units in storage.

I could build a Satellite warehouse in Tipton.

I can add new lettering. (Thank you Honda)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Z.JPG Views:	4 Size:	34.7 KB ID:	135953

Leave a comment:

• Mattbcnv
    replied
    I will make all of you part of my Cabinet....

Ken Minister of town planning and infrastructure

mark. Minister of travel and tourism

Lanny. Minister of Knowledge

Rocky. Minister of engineering, repair and customer complaints

Gary. Minister of “Woke” and CA politics consultant

Matt (me) Mayor

LOL

mattbcnv

Leave a comment:

• meshego1
    replied
    Maybe the Rockstar can jump in to hep uts...He would have some such good iders and you would make a good pair?

Leave a comment:

• kwthom
    commented on 's reply
    No more semi truck stories - all is good, then!!

Back from a quick ride north to a little mining town for lunch....mmmm, good!

• kwthom
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattbcnv View Post

That’s not a bad idea!!!

now if I could only get my hands on 2.75 million......

mattbcnv
    C'mon - offer $2.25mil - betcha you could scrounge that up in a week or two.

Leave a comment:

• Mattbcnv
    replied
    Originally posted by meshego1 View Post
    Mattbcnv. . Be aware , the town of Nipton CA is up for sale again.. As Nipton CEO...you might, as the new owner and Nipton mayor, get something going thru surveillance and ticketing or something more aggressive... work to retrain truckers in that area to make it safer for ST1800 owners.

https://www.krqe.com/news/weird/tiny...or-sale-again/
    That’s not a bad idea!!!

now if I could only get my hands on 2.75 million......

mattbcnv

Leave a comment:

• meshego1
    replied
    Mattbcnv. . Be aware , the town of Nipton CA is up for sale again.. As Nipton CEO...you might, as the new owner and Nipton mayor, get something going thru surveillance and ticketing or something more aggressive... work to retrain truckers in that area to make it safer for ST1800 owners.

https://www.krqe.com/news/weird/tiny...or-sale-again/
    Last edited by meshego1; 11-15-2020, 01:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mattbcnv
    commented on 's reply
    Not to the Kingdom of Nye, but riding from here to Cali a few times....

• kwthom
    commented on 's reply
    Matt - been to the desert lately?

• Cruiseman
    commented on 's reply
    I run my high beams all the time, even in the dark and I almost never get flashed from oncoming traffic. I used to get flashed all the time on my 2007 Wing.

• Cruiseman
    commented on 's reply
    Never had headlights as bright as my 2007 Wing.

• glarson3
    replied
    Originally posted by Pooch View Post
    Matt, Glad you're okay! I have the same problem on 95 between Tonopah and Vegas. I even had the NHP tell me to turn off the high beams, I did till he was gone.
    That sounds wrong, and not a lawful order. I think you did the right thing. Unless it was night-time, and you were coming up on someone, or blinding oncoming traffic.
    https://www.ocregister.com/2011/08/1...the-daytime-2/

Leave a comment:

• Pooch
    replied
    Matt, Glad you're okay! I have the same problem on 95 between Tonopah and Vegas. I even had the NHP tell me to turn off the high beams, I did till he was gone.

Leave a comment:

• glarson3
    replied
    This is why I always ride with my modulating high beams and fog lights on during the day. My fog lights are the brighter than most, if not all, that I've seen. The only ones that came close were the six-shooters.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattbcnv View Post

Rocky, that is a fact, while very bright in “person” they must fade at distance.... never had a car or truck pull out on me with my old wing..... it was like he didn’t even see me... and when he did, he started flashing his headlights... he was committed... at that point it was entirely up to ME to save ME.....

mattbcnv
    .An easy solution is. run your hi beams all the time, if nothing else, you'll be easier to see.

I was alarmed when Lanny was following me at only 6-10 bike lengths.
    It was truly amazing how much brighter the Hi's are than the Low's.
    Personally-I doubt the fogs would add anything,after seeing the Hi's in action on the very same ride.

I believe you are correct in your thoughts on why the trucker was flashing at you. It was a Holy crap-where did that bike come from all of a sudden?

I bet he soiled himself too at that point!.

Leave a comment:

• Mattbcnv
    replied
    Originally posted by Rocky View Post
    Matt. First off. I'm glad you are alright. My condolences to your underwear!!

I hope you had your High Beams on??

I told Lanny to turn his on in DV. You'd be surprised how fast the Low beams fade at distance!!.

With his High beams on. I had no problem seeing him at any time.

Honda's ST1800 LED fog lights are smaller than previous generation fog's were. (Not much help at distance)

Rocky, that is a fact, while very bright in “person” they must fade at distance.... never had a car or truck pull out on me with my old wing..... it was like he didn’t even see me... and when he did, he started flashing his headlights... he was committed... at that point it was entirely up to ME to save ME.....

mattbcnv

Leave a comment:

• Mattbcnv
    replied
    Originally posted by glarson3 View Post
    Did the stains come out in the laundry, or did you have to throw those drawers away? I'm glad things turned out OK.
    “Tide” pods!!!

LOL

mattbcnv

Leave a comment:

• glarson3
    replied
    He was coming from Shoshone marked here going south to the 15. Like kwthorn said, not many options of Interstate if the trucks want to get to places they need to deliver.

Leave a comment:

• glarson3
    replied
    Did the stains come out in the laundry, or did you have to throw those drawers away? I'm glad things turned out OK.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
widgetinstance 272 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X