Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldwing Timeline Video (1972-2012)

This is still one of my favorite Goldwing videos. Really shows the bike morphing over the years.

2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper

Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

The only difference I saw between 1988 and 2000 was the color............Hmmmm, sounds a lot like current complaints. LOL
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ken
    ..........Central California.........'03 1800 Durango red, the fastest color

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it".......Mark Twain

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity."........ Abraham Lincoln

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Ahem .... in 1991 AND 1995, they added anniversary badges!

Actually, I think there were a few cosmetic differences between the Aspencades, SEs, etc.

A nice video though seeing them one after the other
        Northeast, Alabama
        1995 GL1500, 2004 GL1800 & 2007 Aero 750

Isn't it amazing going from a curser to long distance touring bike and it still has a flat engine with a shaft drive? What kind of technology and engineering will beat this smooth combination?

Cool to see the evolution of the bike!
            """""""Darksider #10 It's been said by many people, that I am still only 16 years old inside my head!! LOL!!
            I have never thrown a leg over any make or model of motorcycle and had nothing but a good time!!"""""""

Originally posted by Retired Army View Post
              Isn't it amazing going from a curser to long distance touring bike and it still has a flat engine with a shaft drive? What kind of technology and engineering will beat this smooth combination?
              I've felt that the 'Wing was a design ahead of it's time from the beginning. In spite of the "not many new exciting feature", I still feel that way.

That's fun seeing all of the models as they appeared throughout history.
                '12 GL1800 Level 4 & '08 FLHX Darksider #1378

Nice video the amazing thing is you stills the old ones running around.
                  2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

Originally posted by hparsons View Post
                    I've felt that the 'Wing was a design ahead of it's time from the beginning. In spite of the "not many new exciting feature", I still feel that way.
                    Is it possible the designer was not "macho" and really didn't care about noise and vibration and didn't understand mystic?

Originally posted by Retired Army View Post

Is it possible the designer was not "macho" and really didn't care about noise and vibration and didn't understand mystic?
                      Not sure about the "mystic" part, but I think the team that designed it viewed machismo entirely different than our culture does today.

This never happened.

"This never happened."

Good catch!!!

Well, guess it depends on how one looks at it. If it's supposed to be showing each year's model, then it never happened. If it's showing an example of the bike being sold that year, there were a bunch sold in 2011, and that's pretty much what they looked like

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page