Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covered Bridges

This is a video of a trip we made to Parke County Indiana to look at Covered bridges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-9d...ature=youtu.be

Nice video of Parke Country. Still in my bucket!

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Beautiful. Looked like a great ride.
      2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
      USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
      US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
      2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
      2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

I love covered bridges. Don't have many down here in the south. God willing, I'll make that ride one day. Great video.

Mopar's Wing
        2014 Level 3 Blacked out Blue
        Heli bars, Muth mirrors, Kuryakyn floorboards and LEDs, Corbin saddle
        Anderson SC

srinehart, Very nicely done video! I also like your music choices. Thanks for posting.

Reminds me a lot of the area where I live. I am within an hour's ride of about a dozen covered bridges in Eastern PA and Western NJ that date back to the 1840s - 1870s.

• micky
            micky commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I told ya before, I live on the pa/del state line,in the mushroom capital of the usa, have 3 of them within 10 miles, use 1 every day, another one just got rebuilt because a overheight truck tried to use it,they rebuilt it using to same building techniques(I know its spelled wrong)they used when they built it, had some amish workers who knew what they were doing.

• wingleader09
            wingleader09 commented
            Editing a comment
            Micky, Yes, I remember. We need to get together when the weather warms up and do the covered bridge tour. Which bridge is it that you use every day?

• micky
            micky commented
            Editing a comment
            the one I use daily is the Ashland bridge, it's about 3-4 miles from my dump, another that I use quite often is the Smith on Smith bridge rd, it's about 6 miles from me, I think the name of the last one is Woodale or sumthin like that, never use that one, it's about 5-6 mi, they are all in Delaware, cross over into Chester county Pa and there are a few more all within a hours or so ride,mostly in Amish country, will look forward to better weather for a possible ride, did manage to get in 165 mi ride new years day, 35th in a row, by the way I was known as moonlite on the board that shall remain nameless, gotta go get the ravioli ready before my Steelers kick(lol)

Thanks for the replies, initially I wasn't interested in doing the ride, my wife was the one that came up with it but the more I started checking on it the more interested I got. Now having done it I can say it was a lot of fun and I am glad she came up with it. I recommend doing it if you find the time.

Very nice. I just added Parke County to my bucket list.

For those contemplating a trip to Parke County, I found a good website showing the locations of the covered bridges. They are laid out nicely on five different routes of about 30 miles each which all center around Rockville, IN. The web site also tells where to stay, where to eat and what else to see in Parke County.

http://www.coveredbridges.com/index.php/imap

Great video, well presented and I loved the music. Well done. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry.

IBA #57814
                SaddleSore 1075 Miles in 24 hours (certified)
                BunBurner 1632 Miles in 36 hours (certified)
                Prowler #81
                Double Darksider # 792
                Alaska 2012 / 2014

I saved the info on the bridges in Indiana to my Favorites for later usage.
                  "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

Nice!

Perfect overnighter for us S/E Michigan riders

Originally posted by Shoeman View Post
                      Nice!

Perfect overnighter for us S/E Michigan riders
                      We stayed at a Best Western in Brazil, newly built and there was a truck stop across the street called the Iron Skillet that some great food. Have fun.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page