Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a Maintenance Forum

Was thinking there was a place to record your maintenance on the other forum. I used it a lot along with many other members just wondering if we could do same here.
    2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

I use an excel spreadsheet on each vehicle I have. This to me is easier than recording info on a public website available to everyone. Plus I can track all expenses such as Ins, gas and so forth. And it is easy to get to right on my computer or can be stored on the cloud for access by phone or other device.

Somewhere on this website Cruiseman does have a suggested spreadsheet for this purpose which is a great guide to set up your own.
    Harvey
    Ride Safe and Ride Often

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

A forum like this is really not the best format for tracking maintenance. It can be done, but it is clunky at best. A spreadsheet is the best solution. I will post mine here again later.
      GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
      Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Originally posted by Yellowbird View Post
        Was thinking there was a place to record your maintenance on the other forum. I used it a lot along with many other members just wondering if we could do same here.
        Now you can use the new GL Forum Blog space to keep your bikes service records.

Update your blog as often as you like with posts pertaining to your riding, maintaining your bike, or anything you like! It's YOUR blog!
        http://www.theglforum.com/forum/foru...-own-ride-blog

Thanks wingleader09 not a bad idea have been going back to the other site for that info, don't like it there at all any more going to copy and paste my records over here.
          2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

I guess I just don't like the idea of posting that much info on a public forum. I can get posting it on a spreadsheet such as Cruiseman has and then storing it on a cloud somewhere to protect it from loss on local computer. If you don't like spreadsheets, you could just use a word document and store on a cloud or separate hard drive which would be very similar to posting on a forum but not available for all to read and comment about.
            Harvey
            Ride Safe and Ride Often

They still make pen and paper. What purpose would publicly posting your maintenance serve, other than to elicit responses from the trolls?
              Next someone will want to post their bladder & bowel routines.

Originally posted by bigbird View Post
                Next someone will want to post their bladder & bowel routines.
                Do you have a link to that website?

Z-Man does...he's in charge of it!!
                  Retired, Lifetime NRA, IBA #5831, AMA Lifer, HOG Lifer, Gypsy Tour Rider

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

I use a crayon and record it on the front of the GW1800 Service manual
                    Whoever said money can’t buy happiness, never paid for a divorce

IBA # 40576

Hahahahaha; oh lordy this thread is funny.

Anybody remember when you were younger and didn't need to write everything down?
                      George - 2013 F6B Standard - Largo, FL

Heres a link Cruiseman hope it works stop using that site don't like it over there.

http://gl1800riders/forums/forum...-Accessory-Log

Linky no worky.
                          George - 2013 F6B Standard - Largo, FL

my weakness are Links and pictures ???

Here's a couple of downloadable products that will work : http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplat...nance-log.html in Excel 2003 & 2007 & Google for an I-Phone I think and this is a service interval sheet : http://www.touringmotorcyclists.com/...eIntervals.pdf

Or just build one in Excel on your computer and print out sheets for a shop notebook..... it may be Rocket Science but I don't think so....
                              Retired, Lifetime NRA, IBA #5831, AMA Lifer, HOG Lifer, Gypsy Tour Rider

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Even though I have these posted as "Stickies" I will repost them here.

I have created a spreadsheet for tracking maintenance record. I have an Excel and a Numbers (MacOSX) version.

The updated Service Records spreadsheet will now let you see how many miles have passed since a service was performed. This is very helpful for tracking things like miles between oil changes or brake fluids/pads, etc.

Attached Files

Thanks Cruiseman like them ill start using them i am not a computer guru on spreadsheets but theses will work fine.

Just remember, Don't type into the blue shaded areas, these are formulas.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page