Flagging A Post as Inappropriate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flagging A Post as Inappropriate

    There is a mechanism built into the forum software which allows you to communicate with moderators and administrators if you find a particular post objectionable. When you "flag" a post, you are basically filing a complaint about the content of a post. That message is sent directly to all moderators and administrators and we take these very seriously.

    You should read the section on FLAGGING A POST AS INAPPROPRIATE

    http://www.theglforum.com/forum/memb...-and-etiquette

    Note: There have been some instances where an error message will appear after you have flagged a post, but the flag still goes through to the moderators.


    Protector of the realm.

  • #2
    I tried to flag a post that Cruiseman made but I got a pop-up screen that read "Bite me!" Go figure.
    Richard
    Darksider #390
    Murgie's FAQ

    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


    • micky
      micky commented
      Editing a comment
      was it in English, (need some smilies here, I don't know how to spell lol)
      Last edited by micky; 10-02-2014, 10:21 AM. Reason: dummy at the keyboard

  • #3
    Originally posted by TravelinLite View Post
    I tried to flag a post that Cruiseman made but I got a pop-up screen that read "Bite me!" Go figure.
    Undocumented feature :tongueout;
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

    Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


    • #4
      Ha ha!
      Richard
      Darksider #390
      Murgie's FAQ

      Comment: (For off-topic replies)


      • #5
        Originally posted by TravelinLite View Post
        I tried to flag a post that Cruiseman made but I got a pop-up screen that read "Bite me!" Go figure.
        .
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Ken
        ..........Central California.........'03 1800 Durango red, the fastest color

        "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it".......Mark Twain

        "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity."........ Abraham Lincoln

        Comment: (For off-topic replies)


        • #6
          OMG, we have already had this happening here? If something bothers you don't look at it, may insult you but I may find it of interest. Just sayin.
          Dave - Arizona - 2012/GL1800

          Comment: (For off-topic replies)


          • kwthom
            kwthom commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you really expect any difference, Dave?

            Personally, I support self-policing policies...or, perhaps, liberal use of the *ignore* feature. :D

        • #7
          The main problem is, some people don't understand the difference between inappropriate material and something they don't agree with.
          They are not the same thing.

          Comment: (For off-topic replies)


          • #8
            Originally posted by Fatgrouchyguy View Post
            The main problem is, some people don't understand the difference between inappropriate material and something they don't agree with.
            They are not the same thing.
            Agreed. That is the job of the moderator. To sift through what is truly inappropriate and what is little more than a disagreement.


            Protector of the realm.

            Comment: (For off-topic replies)


            • kwthom
              kwthom commented
              Editing a comment
              Right. Your sandbox, your rules.

          • #9
            I tried to flag the posts by the current troll as it is obvious an 'unknown' person is just trying to antagonize most on this forum in an attempt to tear this forum down to (in my opinion) prove an obscure point refer to the 'other' forum.

            BUT, I got an error message every time I tried to flag the posts.


            Why doesn't this forum require some identifying info for members? Make it hard for people to have multiple screen names and so there is some accountably for what they post?

            I checked, no profile info and no info as a signature. When I see that I immediately and paired with posts that are intended to cause disruptions, think a person has joined only to 'tweak' the nose of this forum and is not a real GW enthusiast. Especially when there are no posts reference GW riding...

            I think this needs to be considered by the "Protector of the Realm"....

            2006 Titanium Level 3 'Wing with a few 'farkles. From Mesa, Az.
            My avatar is me from a recent summer ride in the Phoenix Az area:"Its a dry heat"

            Comment: (For off-topic replies)


            • #10
              We have trolls already?

              Dang.

              I know we have an owner, do we have mods in place?
              With a 1000 members it's a lot of area to keep track on.

              SBB



              Comment: (For off-topic replies)


              • #11
                There is a known issue with the Flag system. You will get an error, but the flag does go through to the Admin and the Moderator.
                GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
                Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

                Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

                Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                • #12
                  Originally posted by SBB View Post
                  We have trolls already?

                  Dang.

                  I know we have an owner, do we have mods in place?
                  With a 1000 members it's a lot of area to keep track on.

                  SBB


                  If you have a public forum, you have trolls. Part of the life of the internet junkie.

                  Best advice on trolls, ignore them. If they don't get attention they wither and die on the vine.

                  Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                  • #13
                    Originally posted by Fatgrouchyguy View Post

                    If you have a public forum, you have trolls. Part of the life of the internet junkie.

                    Best advice on trolls, ignore them. If they don't get attention they wither and die on the vine.
                    And the Ignore option works wonders for this.
                    2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
                    USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
                    US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
                    2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
                    2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

                    50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

                    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                    • #14
                      Originally posted by azsandrider View Post
                      I tried to flag the posts by the current troll as it is obvious an 'unknown' person is just trying to antagonize most on this forum in an attempt to tear this forum down to (in my opinion) prove an obscure point refer to the 'other' forum.

                      BUT, I got an error message every time I tried to flag the posts.


                      Why doesn't this forum require some identifying info for members? Make it hard for people to have multiple screen names and so there is some accountably for what they post?

                      I checked, no profile info and no info as a signature. When I see that I immediately and paired with posts that are intended to cause disruptions, think a person has joined only to 'tweak' the nose of this forum and is not a real GW enthusiast. Especially when there are no posts reference GW riding...

                      I think this needs to be considered by the "Protector of the Realm"....
                      Don't IP addresses help to ID?
                      "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

                      Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                      • #15
                        Originally posted by azsandrider View Post
                        I tried to flag the posts by the current troll as it is obvious an 'unknown' person is just trying to antagonize most on this forum in an attempt to tear this forum down to (in my opinion) prove an obscure point refer to the 'other' forum.

                        BUT, I got an error message every time I tried to flag the posts.

                        Why doesn't this forum require some identifying info for members? Make it hard for people to have multiple screen names and so there is some accountably for what they post?

                        I checked, no profile info and no info as a signature. When I see that I immediately and paired with posts that are intended to cause disruptions, think a person has joined only to 'tweak' the nose of this forum and is not a real GW enthusiast. Especially when there are no posts reference GW riding...

                        I think this needs to be considered by the "Protector of the Realm"....
                        The error message is a bug. But, in spite of the error, the flag does go through to the moderator and admin.

                        As for identifying info requirement, I think as we get more accustomed to the reality of a forum, this will inevitably occur. We have tried to be very relaxed because of most members' experiences with previous 'heavy-handed' forums. As a result, some trolls may have slipped through the cracks.

                        I have only been able to identify two, or maybe three members who seem intent on causing trouble, and they have been warned. If the behavior continues, more extreme measures will be taken. I know as soon as extreme measures are taken, some will immediately run back to the other forums and point the finger claiming that "see, they are no better than any other forum". I guess that just comes with the territory.
                        GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
                        Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

                        Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

                        Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                        • satan
                          satan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          A sad truth and part of the territory indeed (if not an indictment of what has become of our society as a whole). Keep yer chin up and hold to your values as expressed there Cruiseman.

                        • wingleader09
                          wingleader09 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I really couldn't care less what that other forum thinks of this one.
                      Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

                      Related Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X