Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GLForum listed as risky at work!

So, been able to read the forum during lunch - that is until today...

Blocked!

Cruiseman, you might want to check and see if your URL has been blacklisted somewhere. Someone at another entity may well have set you up.

Anyone else have a problem in a work-related environment seeing the forum?
    Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

No Sir , not yet........perhaps tomorrow. Yikes.........wonder why?
    '12 GL1800 Level 4 & '08 FLHX Darksider #1378

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Some commercial filtering systems will do a reverse check to ensure that the IP address does a reverse lookup to the name. Since the server this is on hosts multiple domain names, it probably fails that test.
      2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper

Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

What's this "work" thing you talk about? Can't be all bad if there's a lunch associated with it.

I am at work and all is well. So far so good, no issues logging on, yet.......lol.
          '12 GL1800 Level 4 & '08 FLHX Darksider #1378

Blocked at my work also. Like the OP, considered risky.

If one of you guys that are getting the "risky" message can send me a screenshot, I may be able to look into exactly what that particular system is doing it.
              2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper

Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

Works at my place, so far.
                Dave - High up in Arizona - Black Metallic 2019 DCT

Sounds about right to me, some of you guys are risky to mess with, as I am also sometimes.

I guess we are all classified as Risky. :D

Originally posted by Kit Carson View Post
                    Sounds about right to me, some of you guys are risky to mess with, as I am also sometimes.

I guess we are all classified as Risky. :D
                    risky?risky?, knowing kwthom from another site a long time ago,and reading your wisdom for a lot of years I think youse guys spelled it wrong.
                    it should read RISQUE :woohoo:

"I live my life like a dog,I smell it and if I can't eat it or screw it,i just pi$$ on it and walk away"

• kwthom
                      kwthom commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Risky - risque...it is what it is! :D

The risk I have is I spend too much time here. Good thing I am the boss!

Continues to work well at my place of enjoyment.
                      __________________________________________________ __________

Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
                      Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

Mine also showed as "risky" and I could either accpt the risk or accept the warning and not proceed.

I like to live a little, so I accepted the risk..... :toast:
                        --
                        2012 Goldwing L2 w/Nav in Dallas, TX

Originally posted by hparsons View Post
                          If one of you guys that are getting the "risky" message can send me a screenshot, I may be able to look into exactly what that particular system is doing it.
                          Mine is being blocked by our Blue Coat proxy.

I've had a couple times at work where an individual page was blocked, but a Page Back gets me out of it and the other pages work fine. Of course it only happened in the Off Topic Discussions section.
                            2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
                            USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
                            US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
                            2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
                            2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

Similar situation to murgie's description - it's an internally-based generic web page that has the error.

Let me get a screenshot of it - I'll need to remote login later this weekend; when I do, I'll see if I can get here from there; if not, then I can get the screenshot.
                              Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

• kwthom
                                kwthom commented
                                Editing a comment
                                It *might* happen today (screenshot) - but for now, it's off to breakfast with family, then MOTORCYCLE RIDING instead of keyboard riding. Another tropical storm on the way in the next few days...gotta get it in now before *next* weekend turns to crap in the weather department. :P

Originally posted by hparsons View Post
                              I have the screenshot...I've PM it to you.

I asked the support guys at vBulletin about this issue and they had a pretty good response. How websites are filtered is really going to vary from one company to the next based on their internal security settings. It is not a symptom of TheGLForum setup or vBulletin software. It is possible that a company simply does not want employees perusing forums while at work.
                                GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
                                Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Not exactly true...I can see several *other* forums (including *that* one...) with no issues, along with ADV, and forums that are automotive based.

On our desk top Icann't access the glforem wibb sight any more. It just sayes forbidden no permission to access. But I can get on with our tablet. What can be the problem?

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page