Todays Ride Mon. 4/9/18 from Vancouver WA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays Ride Mon. 4/9/18 from Vancouver WA

Well, after the weekend storm that we had with rain and wind gusts of 30-50 mph the weather gods told me that today would be a perfect day for a motorcycle ride and by golly they were spot on. When I left the house it was 48* and I kicked Big Red in the ass and headed up I5 north for about 35 mi. until I got to Longview WA where I turned onto hwy 4 headed west towards the coast. Great motorcycle road with enough twisties to put a smile on this old mans face.Traveled hwy 4 until I arrived at the 101 at Raymond where I stopped to drink a bottle of H2o and have some trail mix. Decided to backtrack and head over to Long Beach WA and from Long Beach I decided to ride to Astoria OR which is a neat little town that I've been to twice in the last 15 yrs. After spending about an hr. in Astoria and drinking some of their fantastic blends of specialty coffees it was time to head home. Rode hwy 30 east and it dumps you out on I5 at Longview again and once again I kicked Big Red in the ass one more time to arrive home after one of the best rides that I've been on in a long time. Temps ranged from 48* to 65* which is ideal for a day on the bike with some great scenery. Thats all folks.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Sounded like a really enjoyable ride! Congrats!! I'm envious (the good kind).
    2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
    USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
    US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
    2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
    2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Glad you hear that the weather is letting you ride. Scope out all those great roads so you can take Bobby and I on them. Our weather has been not that great yet, but today is looking pretty good. Maybe I can get in a few miles before the wind kicks up.

I’ve got one for you ..... take 503 east north of Vancouver thru Cougar and then north on forest road # whatever it is into Randle. Or, north out of Carson WA on Wind River Hwy to connect to the same forest road north into Randle. Been three or four years for me so I can’t attest to current road condition?? Def want to wait until into the summer for all snow to melt and some road repair. Just about as back road as it gets for a paved road as you get closer to Randle. Many bad spots in the road, frost heaves, etc to watch out for, but a great ride off the beaten path! Don’t over ride what you can’t see in the shadows. Avoid the weekends for RV’s and crotch rockets! Give me a heads up this summer and I’ll pop over White Pass and meet you for lunch in Randle.

Originally posted by Boy Scout View Post
          Glad you hear that the weather is letting you ride. Scope out all those great roads so you can take Bobby and I on them. Our weather has been not that great yet, but today is looking pretty good. Maybe I can get in a few miles before the wind kicks up.
          Some of the best roads/passes are snowed in and they are still getting snow.
          When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
          Jimi Hendrix
          Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

With winter running late like it is for you guys up North, I hope this doesn't make the rainy season late also. I would love for South Dakota to be sunny and dry in June.
            Robert "Trip" Hilliard
            2006 Goldwing GL1800 Level 2 "Cisco"
            AMA # 3539665
            Blue Knights #59055
            rehilliard.net/hondagoldwing.htm

Working...
            X