X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Tag-O-Rama Game - Picture Game Thread

Copy my photo - Picture Game Thread

THE BASICS:

The aim of the Motorcycle Tag-O-Rama Game is to reproduce a similar photo of an object or place that can be found in many different locations around the world. Much like a scavenger hunt, examples include specific street signs, a railway crossing with train, yourself at a toll booth with receipt, pizza restaurant, stone or iron bridge etc. A motorcycle must be in the photo to count!

The idea is to ride, be creative, and think about how someone else across the country or around the world could match your tag.

RULES:

1. Read the TAG text on the most recent photo that was last posted. I will make it easy & start it off with the next post

2. Find a SIMILAR TAG and reproduce the photo (as best as possible) using that TAG. Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here.

2a. Upon posting your new photo with your chosen tag, the tagger is responsible for specifying what it is in the photo that must be reproduced. Be specific, but not so specific that no one else will be able to play because we couldn't find another scooter on barn roof.

2b. Try to place the tags in interesting locations, objects or places that could probably be found in at least the majority of the planet.

3. Tag must be common enough where anyone can find and duplicate it.

4. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose. The term is called "Bruced" http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bruced

5. One tag at a time within thread. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.

6. The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag). This is accomplished in the Comment section of the post.

7. Last but not least, should the tag be so ridiculous that no one is able to reproduce it, it can be voted down if a majority of the active participants feel necessary.

Remember, the point of this is not to win the game, or get a better picture, the point is the ride. On that note, if someone tags a post office. Rather than get out and ride a block to my local post office, I might ride an hour or so, out to the historic post office a few towns over.... Make it interesting.

A few comments about the game...

[1] Any comments or discussion not directly related to the tag, please use the "comment" section of the post, not the main body of the thread. This forum structure is perfect, and I will demonstrate in the post below.

[2] Any wise-a$$ comments are best left unwritten.

[3] We ask if you've never done anything like this (posting images as part of an on-line posting), please don't use this thread as practice for you learning how to do so!

Finally...

[4] Thirty-day abandonment rule. In order to keep the game going, in the event the current tag is unclaimed after 30 days, another tag can be generated by another rider.

The concept is to get you riding - and posting!
    Ken & Grace
    IBA#50030 IBA#62768
    Tucson, AZ

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

TAG: Your bike at any highway distance road sign

Click image for larger version

Name:	6MRad7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	446.5 KB
ID:	85896

Ken & Grace
    IBA#50030 IBA#62768
    Tucson, AZ

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• kwthom
      kwthom commented
      Editing a comment
      So, in this comment section, you can now ask any questions about the tag.

Yes, my wife was like "Okay, we're taking this picture why?"

"It's for a motorcycle riding game...that's all!"

The next photo in the main post should be a photo of your motorcycle next to the sign. The next photo after that from you needs to be the new tag location. Remember, from this point forward, it's old picture, then new location - and tell us what you are wanting the tag to be - see my example above.

TIP: Take your camera with you on rides. Be sure to check in on this thread for the current tag. Always be looking for a replacement tag.

The tag was highway sign with mileage:

The new tag:

Place name that includes a color - *any* color.

I'm giving two examples, but hope you now get the idea:

Ken & Grace
    IBA#50030 IBA#62768
    Tucson, AZ

LOL

Mattbcnv
      Attached Files

• kwthom
        kwthom commented
        Editing a comment

You said something about railroad and crossing????? Oh the memories.

Name:	Wheels and Train.jpg
Size:	750.8 KB
ID:	87062
      __________________________________________________ __________

Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
      Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

• kwthom
        kwthom commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't see a word that has a color in that picture... :D

• Wheels
        Wheels commented
        Editing a comment
        It was a "spoken word" as I exclaimed ........"OH SH..! " as I glanced down the tracks. Color depends on consistency. LOL

• kwthom
        kwthom commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay, Jimmy...I'll play, though it *is* against the rules (see rule about one tag photo at a time...)

Best I can do; Union Pacific's main line is to the right - upwards of 60 trains a day run thru here. You've taught me something, Jim...

Alright - get the game back on track...

Place name that has a color in the name: -

"Oro" is 'gold' in Spanish. Nothing about language in the tag requirement, so ¡español! was fair game on that one!

Next tag: Airport

Ken & Grace
      IBA#50030 IBA#62768
      Tucson, AZ

Name:	
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	88379 Okay, I'll move the tag again!
        Ken & Grace
        IBA#50030 IBA#62768
        Tucson, AZ

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	226.2 KB ID:	88382

Now, it's moved to a memorial for a famous person. Famous meaning entertainment, politics, etc. This description is a little vague, so here's the tag - with an auxiliary image, since the sunlight was really at a goofy angle
          Attached Files
          Ken & Grace
          IBA#50030 IBA#62768
          Tucson, AZ

• Tony in AZ
            Tony in AZ commented
            Editing a comment
            It's been a while since I stopped at the Tom Mix memorial rest stop.. I do not recall the photo of Mix there on my last visit.

• kwthom
            kwthom commented
            Editing a comment
            It's definitely not original by any means, but it's been there awhile -or- there's someone that's taking a bit of pride and keeping it up. There's a flyer of some sort on the south face of the obelisk that gives a bit of background, for those not familiar with the story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Mix

C'mon - this isn't that hard...I'm really tossing softballs out here.

"Memorial" was the last tag. Something (or someone) needed to be memorialized.

How about a whole field of memorials:

New Tag:

You just can't fight city hall - but you can park in front of one & take a picture.

Ken & Grace
          IBA#50030 IBA#62768
          Tucson, AZ

If only I could post pictures from my computer files, I would play!

• biglefti
              biglefti commented
              Editing a comment
              However, if my new bike arrives in time I might ask you to teach me how while we are in DV.

• kwthom
              kwthom commented
              Editing a comment
              Chris has taken care of this...

http://youtu.be/XIS1sfJ-EJU

Rule 5: "One tag at a time within thread. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game."
          Working...
          X