X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monarch Butterfly

http://www.monarchbutterfly.org/

If you're within riding distance to Pismo Beach and have never been to the Monarch Butterfly Grove you are missing out on a spectacular sight. Well worth a ride over to the coast for fish & chips and to check out the butterflys.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

You going?
    DS#1146 IBA#55800 50CC,BBG, BB1500 x2, SS2K, SS1Kx3 CERTIFIED ALL DS, PGR RC
    2010 Level3 Endeavor Reverse Trike

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by Pooch View Post
      You going?
      Yes Jimmy I will be going, not sure I'll wait until February. The website said that as of Nov. 12th they already had between 13,000 & 15,000 butterfly's in the grove. Also a good excuse for fish & chips for lunch. I have been there before and it's quite a sight and lots of interesting info about them.
      Jimi Hendrix

:-)
        GL1800 8A - TRIUMPH SCRAMBLER 900

As of Dec 2nd the butterfly count is up to 20,000.
          Jimi Hendrix

Wow, 20,000 count! We rode the Wing to the Goleta Monarch Butterfly Grove in early November and drove back at the end of the month. The count was very low this year. I think next time, we will ride a little further north to Pismo. Thanks for posting.

http://www.monarchbutterfly.org/

You can check the above website for more interesting info and also when they update the butterfly count. I will be in the Pismo area in mid Jan. with a friend of mine from PA and will visit the grove. It's been about 20 yrs since I have seen it.
              Jimi Hendrix

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page