X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donnieontheroad - Rockies Gold 2015 & Beyond Road Trip

Hello all,

FINALLY!!! Just a few more days and it will be my turn to get back on the road and take another Road Trip and to share it with my fellow riders and friends on this forum.
    Will be kicking things off this Friday (Sept 4th) and here’s the link directly to my journal for this Road Trip.

http://donnieontheroad.com/styled-2/...-39/index.html

Only the introduction, SPOT tracker, and road trip background info is there now but this link is where I will post nightly journal/blog updates with story, pictures and my thoughts.
    As always I invite everyone to follow along with me and we can use this thread for comments and discussion as the adventure unfolds.

Let’s be careful out there … and ride your own ride.

Donnie
    DonnieOnTheRoad
    My Road Trip Blog/Journals --> http://www.donnieontheroad.com

Life is like riding a motorcycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving ... nothing but two wheels and the open road!

Looking forward to the daily posts and following along. Have a safe and enjoyable trip!

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Same here...

Have a good ride, we are heading out on the 5th, too bad we will miss all of you others in Montrose.
        Dave - High up in Arizona - 2012/GL1800

Originally posted by 530ktm View Post
          Have a good ride, we are heading out on the 5th, too bad we will miss all of you others in Montrose.
          Yeah .... sorry we'll miss you ... maybe another time ... you guys have a good ride too.

Donnie
          DonnieOnTheRoad

Life is like riding a motorcycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving ... nothing but two wheels and the open road!

Donie and Bob, get your bags packed, Craig, Paul and I will be leaving around noon. The wait is almost over!!!!!

Originally posted by Onan View Post
              Donie and Bob, get your bags packed, Craig, Paul and I will be leaving around noon. The wait is almost over!!!!!
              Guys .. welcome to Morrilton, Arkansas ....... We're ROCKing and ROLLing west tomorrow morning

Donnie
              DonnieOnTheRoad

Be rocking along w/you Donnie and pack.

Donnie when I grow up I want to be like you.

Donnie, I'm checking on you guys a couple times a day. Thanks for including us on your trip! Enjoy your ride and you guys be safe.

We just returned home this afternoon after putting in 2,833 miles for the week. We stayed at the Super 8 Monday night in Montrose across the street from where a lot of you were going to hang out. Rode through Gunnison Tuesday morning and up to Telluride and on to Steamboat for Tuesday night. What a beautiful country we have to ride in and enjoy and the weather for the week was perfect. When we got into Utah around St. George it heated up to 105 all the way into Vegas. 36 degrees in the morning around Bryce and then into the 100's made for a interesting day.

Great read you have Donnie, love the pictures and the stories you shared and I am glad you are feeling better once again.

Originally posted by Old Fred View Post
                          Donnie when I grow up I want to be like you.

Fred .... dream on .... lol

Donnie
                          DonnieOnTheRoad

Originally posted by 530ktm View Post
                            Great read you have Donnie, love the pictures and the stories you shared and I am glad you are feeling better once again.

Sounds like you had a great ride too. I'm in South Dakota visiting family right now. Will head out of here on Tuesday of next week and take it down to the Harrison Arkansa Ride In for a few days before taking it all the way home to Tennessee around Oct 11th.

Donnie
                            DonnieOnTheRoad

Originally posted by DonnieOnTheRoad View Post
                              Hello all,

FINALLY!!! Just a few more days and it will be my turn to get back on the road and take another Road Trip and to share it with my fellow riders and friends on this forum.
                              Will be kicking things off this Friday (Sept 4th) and here’s the link directly to my journal for this Road Trip.

http://donnieontheroad.com/styled-2/...-39/index.html

Only the introduction, SPOT tracker, and road trip background info is there now but this link is where I will post nightly journal/blog updates with story, pictures and my thoughts.
                              As always I invite everyone to follow along with me and we can use this thread for comments and discussion as the adventure unfolds.

Let’s be careful out there … and ride your own ride.

Donnie
                              ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                              We love your Blog, it brings back a lot of memories. Yes we were also at Montrose and rode the many roads you describe so well. You may remember us the Canadians on the Burgandy Goldwing. We stayed an extra day at the Red Arrow and then off to see the Grand Canyon. Then back through part of Texas, New Mexico then north to Saulte Ste Marie, Ontario, then back Home to Ottawa, Canada

We took many Videos of our Rides including the 16% grade going up from the Black River Canyon. We are two heavy weights 450Lbs together riding 2 Up climbing that hill and to be safe we stopped halfway up the Hill to let the Goldwing cool down. Suppose we could have pushed through but played it safe.

Norther Dancer,

Ron & Theresa

https://www.dropbox.com/s/524ke4nc4ps94um/GOPR5808.MP4?dl=0

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                              [FONT=Arial]2008 Nomad 1600 Shaft Drive[/FONT]
                              [FONT=Arial]2005 Executive Burgman 650cc[/FONT]
                              [FONT=Arial]2006 ST1300cc Police Special W/B[/FONT]
                              [FONT=Arial]2006 Goldwing 1832cc Comfort Pkg.[/FONT]
                              [FONT=Arial]2006 Volkswagen TDI Diesel with DSG
                              Darksider GL1800 Burgman 650 ST1300PA Nomad 1600[/FONT]

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page