Go Az 4th Annual Sedona Az Ride --- no charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Az 4th Annual Sedona Az Ride --- no charge

I'm just passing on a fun ride for Az riders...Not MC brand specific...I was 1 of 2 GWs last year...There is no charge to join this ride...

Link: http://www.goaz.com/eventslist.htm?g...&itemId=254681

4th Annual Sedona RideSaturday, August 15, 2015

8:00 a.m. (side stands up at 8:30 a.m.)

Join the AZRATPack for a challenging loop up the Beeline across to Flagstaff then down scenic 89A with a lunch stop in Sedona at the Mesa Grill in the airport.

They'll be meeting at here Go AZ Motorcycles at 8:00 am, rider's meeting at 8:15 then side stands up at 8:30.

The difficulty level of this ride is INTERMEDIATE. This ride will have a moderate but entertaining sport touring pace with roads providing some challenge. Be prepared for possibly hot temperatures, possible monsoon conditions and a long day in the saddle. This will be a great ride for beginner/intermediate touring riders as well as cruisers and people riding two-up. 350 miles total.

N
    ote: This is not my 'ride' but I'm forwarding this on as a a group ride for those who may want to attend. I rode the whole ride last year on my Goldwing and it was a lot of fun, especially on the way back from the Verde Valley on through Prescott & Yarnell, as most of the riders had 'peeled' off to ride I-17 home.
    2006 Titanium Level 3 'Wing with a few 'farkles. From Mesa, Az.
    My avatar is me from a recent summer ride in the Phoenix Az area:"Its a dry heat"

This sounds like a fun ride. We will be heading up through Yarnell and staying in Prescott 3 weeks after this event on our way to Colorado.
    Dave - Arizona - 2012/GL1800

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Just did this ride on the way home from Colorado. Really nice to come up through Jerome for a change and go down Yarnell hill. It was early in the morning and the roads were all mine. well except for one deer that scampered up a hill when it heard my bike coming.
      You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

• kwthom
        kwthom commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm thinking a wee bit after sunrise, and you could get a lap or two on that hill unmolested...

The last time I went *up* that hill, I was awarded a performance award - popped out around that truck in the slow lane just a wee bit too quickly. :O

Yeah, I would figure you would like that road, lots of corners...
      My avatar is me from a recent summer ride in the Phoenix Az area:"Its a dry heat"

Intermediate ride?? :0

Intermediate ride for the types who usually ride bar to bar as the mileage is over 320 on this ride and actually include twisties (another problem for the average bar to bar MC rider).

By the time they hit Sedona, 50-60% have already turned back towards Phoenix down I-17, another 10-15% peel off in Cottonwood. The rest ride thru Jerome and into Prescott where still another 5-10% head towards the freeway, leaving about 8-12 riders left to ride into Yarnell....

• kwthom
            kwthom commented
            Editing a comment
            After the ride you just did, a ride like that one is like a ride down to the convenience store for a Big Gulp! Hehehehehe!

I just got on my GW for the first time since I've been back. It felt small to me and it was hard to ride.

Granted I just moved it from one garage bay to the other but I'll have to learn to ride it all over again.

Heck, I could asily touch the ground with both feet....lol

Originally posted by azsandrider View Post
            I just got on my GW for the first time since I've been back. It felt small to me and it was hard to ride.

Granted I just moved it from one garage bay to the other but I'll have to learn to ride it all over again.

Heck, I could asily touch the ground with both feet....lol
            Where you been and on what bike? Did you take the dual sport to Alaska or something? I don't remember what your plans were but I know they were for a big ride.

I rode my BMW GSA ADVENTURE (not a DS) Motorcycle to Prudhoe Bay Ak and back during June. 10,400 miles in 32 days (with about week staying at a friend's daughter's place in Anchorage so he could visit). Sits a lot taller then the Goldwing.

Rough roads up there and I wouldn't want to ride my GW, although some do. It would be hard to ride a sustaionaed 85mph on those roads on a GW. Need the extra suspension travel of the GSA.

Originally posted by azsandrider View Post
                I rode my BMW GSA ADVENTURE (not a DS) Motorcycle to Prudhoe Bay Ak and back during June. 10,400 miles in 32 days (with about week staying at a friend's daughter's place in Anchorage so he could visit). Sits a lot taller then the Goldwing.

Rough roads up there and I wouldn't want to ride my GW, although some do. It would be hard to ride a sustaionaed 85mph on those roads on a GW. Need the extra suspension travel of the GSA.
                Wow, that was a ride. I have seen and heard about some of the roads up there, not all good.

Rougher roads are I-20 through Louisiana & Mississippi. lol...

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page