Amish Road Apple Ride In

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amish Road Apple Ride In

With June just around the corner and riding calendars already filling up, the Family (Mid-Atlantic Mob.....MAM) is proposing a gathering on June 12-14, 2015. It's time to see just who can throw their weight around more. Lebanon Levi and his Amish Mafia, or ours, the MAM. No question who will be bringing more horses to the event, that's for sure.

The idea is to host this event at the Best Western Lebanon Valley Inn and Suites, which is located in some of the best riding areas of PA. There will be lots to see and do and all within 1 1/2 hour ride from the hotel. And if this is not good enough, there is a DQ located right across the parking lot of the host Hotel.

Arrangements have been made to block 30 rooms with a rate of a double queen going for $99 a night. Suites will be $109. The rooms will be held until May 12th. We will have a 24 hour, prior to check in, cancellation policy.

But what about camping? Well, the Johnstown KOA is just down the road a bit from the host hotel for those that want more of an outdoors experience.

So what’s the big deal Wheels, I mean, after all, what we gonna do once we get there. Well, glad you asked:

The Oldest Brewery in the US, Yingling Brewery is only 46 minutes away and they have tours you can take that are free. This is a great place to visit and of course if you visit the “gift shop” be sure to remember those of us who will be your new best friend during the Parking Lot gathering.

Who among us does not like a little Chocolate, right! Well, I know where you can go and it will only take 35 minutes to get to where they have A LOT of chocolate. The Hershey Chocolate Factory is a fun place to visit, the tour is free, and if you want to enjoy some roller coasters, well, they are real close by as well.

Now if you are looking to do something that is really HOT, a short ride over to Centralia, PA is the place you want to go. This is the town that has basically burnt to the ground due to the still ragging underground coal fire. This is a spooky place for sure. Just 1 hour away.

Speaking of Coal Mining, why not take a look see, until they turn the lights out, on just what goes on down in those coal mines. The Pioneer Coal Mine and Steam Train Ride is just a hop, skip, and a jump at a little over 1 hour away. Great way to spend the day.

Train ride you say Wheels, why yes I did. Not that far away is the Strasburg Railroad Museum and Steam Engine Ride. This is really a cool place and lots to do and see. Take a ride on a real steamer, or, cross the street and visit the museum. And then just down the street in the little town, there is a GREAT ice cream shop on the corner, going west from the station. A 75 minute ride will get you there.

Now, if you failed to enjoy, ah, I mean avoid enough of the Amish Road Apples getting to your train ride, than I suggest you visit the Amish Village and surrounding areas to enjoy and experience all of the food, crafts, and maybe even a buggy ride where you can get a better appreciation of what 120 horses can do, as compared to 1. AND, if you are lucky, while riding in, near, or behind a buggy, you can enjoy the subtle differences of the exhaust of the two rides. LOL Just 75 minutes away.

FOOD!!!!!!! Did I hear something about FOOD. Why yes you did. Some, over the years, have heard the Family talk about trips to the MECCA of Amish Food, which is Shady Maple. I need to wipe the tears away from my eyes as I type about this place. If many would like, we might even schedule a more formal ride to go as a group and enjoy a Saturday night meal there. Only an hour and fifteen minutes stands between you and some of the best chow you have ever had.

Now with food, one must have something to wash if down with, and one of the better places to visit would be Benigna’s Creek Vineyard and Winery, just a few miles away. Taste testing is available and the ride getting there is really nice. I hear that they will be having a Deck Dinner on Saturday that you can sign up for on their web site. Of course if you visit their “gift shop” I encourage you to remember ALL your friends back at the hotel. Plastic cups will be found if need be. LOL

So, ya want something to do in June, well, come spend some time with the MAM Family and enjoy some great riding, work on your avoidance skills, share lots of laughs, stories, and LOTS of things to do. While we can put a few things together that would make up a ride, as you can see, there is just not enough time to do it all in one weekend.

Of course the Parking Lot will be where you will find some of the more notorious Family members and you are invited to pull up a chair (I’ll have my own) and enjoy some great laughs and way to many ‘true’ stories.

The Hotel is the Best Western Lebanon Valley Inn and Suites
    4 Fisher Avenue
    Jonestown, PA 17038

(717) 865-4234

June 12-14, 2015

Tell them you are with the Amish Road Apple Ride Inn to get your special rate. Also, sign up here to let me know so that I can keep track in the event we need to secure more rooms.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
    Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

This sounds wonderful ! Looking into the dates...

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Did I mention the hotel has a heated pool.

Wheels ... I'm IN ... Expect to arrive Friday morning if not Thurs. I am only a few hours from there, if I can be of any help let me know.
        Richie

Originally posted by PUCKBUS View Post
          Wheels ... I'm IN ... Expect to arrive Friday morning if not Thurs. I am only a few hours from there, if I can be of any help let me know.
          Richie

Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

I am all book for this best time with this group

My reservation is in ! I may have to shovel snow to get out of my driveway
              Bill Morphy
              [url]www.Mic-Mutes.com[/url]

Originally posted by Morph View Post
                My reservation is in ! I may have to shovel snow to get out of my driveway

Bill, I know what you mean. Looking forward to catching up with you. So, are you enjoying life!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our reservations are in. See you then.

Wheels,

Do you have any type of itinerary planned for the weekend? For example, I'd like to ride the steam train and attend the Wine n Cheese event at the museum on Saturday. It seems like getting tickets in advance might be a good idea, but I don't want to miss you stunt riding in the parking lot.

Richie

Originally posted by PUCKBUS View Post
                      Wheels,

Do you have any type of itinerary planned for the weekend? For example, I'd like to ride the steam train and attend the Wine n Cheese event at the museum on Saturday. It seems like getting tickets in advance might be a good idea, but I don't want to miss you stunt riding in the parking lot.

Richie

LOL.......you mightn be better off lining up those things that you want to do as I am sure the Parking Lot will remain a place for good fun and fellowship. No real itinerary at this point, but I am sure we will have some fun. I'll see what we might be able to do with lining some things up. Great to know you are coming.

Wish we were there in time to join you. Next time!
                        [SIZE=14px][FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][COLOR=#333333][B][SIZE=18px]Joel[/SIZE]
                        Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Army
                        2008 GL1800 Dark Red Metallic
                        Darksider #300
                        Michelin Primacy Alpin ZP
                        [URL="http://goo.gl/vXe9Fx"]SPOT ME[/URL]
                        "ALL OK JUMPMASTER"[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Originally posted by 3turtles View Post
                          Wish we were there in time to join you. Next time!
                          No worries buddy. We will have a few things planned that we (The Family) do so we will keep you posted.

BUMP Looking forward to it!

BUMP!

Jimmy,

Just check'n in to let you know that I'm still come'n. I'll be riding in with Lyle and his wife Barb.

I'll have a room to share if someone needs it.

Bill Morphy
                                [url]www.Mic-Mutes.com[/url]

• Wheels
                                  Wheels commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Great to hear you are still planning to make it buddy.

can't wait to see old freinds

I'm heading out tomorrow... plan to make a day out of getting there. See you early birds for dinner... Richie

I had a good time cant wait till next year

Home safe-n-sound by dinner time yesterday. Had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Maybe I will see you at the Oyster Fest.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page