Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eureka Springs/Rogers Suggestions

We are heading to Eureka Springs this week or next week for a little getaway. We are staying in Rogers, AR at Country Inn and Suites. Any suggestions for BBQ or other good places to eat, things to see?
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
    We are heading to Eureka Springs this week or next week for a little getaway. We are staying in Rogers, AR at Country Inn and Suites. Any suggestions for BBQ or other good places to eat, things to see?
    If you want places in Rogers or Eureka Springs, then I will let someone else come along and answer that question. When out for a ride, I will try one the places below.

Usually, if I want BBQ then a trip to Rivertown in Ozark, Arkansas will satisfy me. To get there go south on Highway 23 to Ozark.

Another real good place to eat ... especially their homemade pie ... is the Country Store in Oark, Arkansas. To get there, again go south on Highway 23, but turn East (left) on highway 215. They have the BEST pie in the Ozarks!!

Red 2014
    Pirelli P1 Runflat 195/55/16 38 PSI
    Pirelli Winter Snowcontrol Series 3 RunFlat 195/55/16 38 PSI
    Traxxion by Fred Harmon
    Darkside #623 - 274,839 Darkside miles and counting
    IBA # 42128

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Do yourself a favor, and stay directly in Eureka Springs rather than the larger town of Rogers, AR, unless you have specific reasons to be there. Too many B&B's type places there to mention, although many may be closed for the season by the time of your stay. Eureka has a couple of really neat old hotels to choose from, as well as two Best Westerns, etc.. The wife and I always have our RV out at the local KOA when we go, but have attended functions at the Best Western closest to the east side of Eureka. Bubba's BBQ on hwy 62 in Eureka Springs is a neat little spot for BBQ. Gaskins is a super nice steak place on hwy 23 just north of Eureka.

I am guessing you have never been to Eureka Springs, so based on that assumption it is best to tour the old city by parking the bike and just use the trolley system. I toured the city once on the Wing and found the downtown sites beautiful, but the roads are EXTREMELY bumpy, narrow and winding, with severe grades at low speed. That prevented me from taking in the views while watching the road. Radiator fans ran almost constantly. The trolley system is very convenient. Several of the hotels have trolley maps showing all the stops around town...might even be able to Google it. Park your bike at a hotel where there is a trolley stop and enjoy. I really enjoyed the old Crescent Hotel tour. Lots of history there, ripe with ghost stories. I don't believe in 'em, but the damn orbs did show up in my photo's! Can't help you with BBQ...it was OK. I always have breakfast at The Roadhouse, on Van Buren. Have fun!

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page