Texas Hill Country Rides

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Texas Hill Country Rides

    We are considering a 4-day road trip to Austin and the Texas Hill Country. If any of you have any good routes of the area, I would love to see the. We will probably head to Lockhart one day for BBQ. We have also been to Salt Lick, so might try that again as well.

    Always looking for good ideas.
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

    Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos


  • #2
    If you haven't been to the Lonestar Motorcycle Museum, you should make time for it.

    http://www.lonestarmotorcyclemuseum.com

    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


    • #3
      Enchanted Rock
      http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/enchanted-rock


      Hamilton Pool
      https://parks.traviscountytx.gov/fin.../hamilton-pool




      Luckenbuch, Cow Creek Road off of FM1431, 337 from Vanderpool to Leakey just a few.

      Comment: (For off-topic replies)


      • #4
        Hamilton Pool is very cool, but go early. Once the parking lot is full you are out of luck.

        Comment: (For off-topic replies)


        • #5
          Lost Maples State Park near Vanderpool should be nice this time of year. The leaves change to Fall colors and usually peak in November. Unusually cool weather early on will make them change colors earlier.

          http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/lost-maples

          Comment: (For off-topic replies)


          • #6
            I did some research on the three sisters before I rode out to Dallas a couple months ago. I really feel bad for you guys in TX.

            I was going to run the sisters and then drop in of a couple wiseguys in Houston. but after my research I didn't want to waste the fuel or the time on them wiseguys,

            To many roads to ride so little time to ride them all.

            Comment: (For off-topic replies)


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rocky View Post
              I did some research on the three sisters before I rode out to Dallas a couple months ago. I really feel bad for you guys in TX.

              I was going to run the sisters and then drop in of a couple wiseguys in Houston. but after my research I didn't want to waste the fuel or the time on them wiseguys,

              To many roads to ride so little time to ride them all.
              So what did you think about the Twisted Sisters? Fun huh?

              Comment: (For off-topic replies)


              • #8
                We are in, say February 13-15, 2015
                This will be perfect for Mary and I as this is the time we always go on some kind of an adventure, It will be our 35th Wedding anniversary

                Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jmohme View Post
                  If you haven't been to the Lonestar Motorcycle Museum, you should make time for it.

                  http://www.lonestarmotorcyclemuseum.com
                  This!!! We have not had a "Ride In" down in Kerrville in some time, maybe one of you Texan fella's should get another one going???? Hint, Hint!
                  """""""Darksider #10 It's been said by many people, that I am still only 16 years old inside my head!! LOL!!
                  I have never thrown a leg over any make or model of motorcycle and had nothing but a good time!!"""""""

                  Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rick Mays View Post

                    This!!! We have not had a "Ride In" down in Kerrville in some time, maybe one of you Texan fella's should get another one going???? Hint, Hint!
                    Not a bad Idea. We might just need to give that some thought.

                    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                    • #11
                      Don't miss the Three Sisters!

                      Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by recon View Post
                        Don't miss the Three Sisters!
                        I have ridden this before, years ago, but will definitely do it again.
                        GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
                        Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

                        Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

                        Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                        • #13
                          When you do the Three Sisters ride, be sure to stop at the "Bent Rim Grill and Motorcycle Stop" on RR-337. Great burgers and ice cold refreshments!

                          Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by wingleader09 View Post
                            When you do the Three Sisters ride, be sure to stop at the "Bent Rim Grill and Motorcycle Stop" on RR-337. Great burgers and ice cold refreshments!

                            Lone Star Motorcycle Museum Is north of 337 and south of Lost Maples. Have to agree Bent Rim has some great burgers.

                            Comment: (For off-topic replies)

                            Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

                            Related Topics

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X