Moki Dugway, most dangerous road in America

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moki Dugway, most dangerous road in America

A little blog to humor you guys, don't take it too seriously, I don't.

https://bigleftitrips2019.blogspot.com/

Moki is in my opinion a fun road. You really need to ride it both ways just for the scenery.

Nice pics in the blog.
    You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• biglefti
      biglefti commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree, there is no challenge to it at all unless you might have a phobia of heights. We did do it both ways and it really does make a difference. When you are riding, it is much better when you are travelling from north to south as far as the vistas are concerned.

Thanks for posting, really enjoyed the pictures. Definitely some rugged country.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

I've been close - twice - but, I'm not so sure my 2-up passenger is up for such an adventure.

Though the road isn't paved, it does look like it's well groomed - minimal washboarding?

• biglefti
        biglefti commented
        Editing a comment
        Zero washboarding. A piece of cake to ride, most of the corners are paved. Kind of a joke to call it the most dangerous road in America, obviously they haven't tried to get to the Snibley Mansion east of Mammoth.

The switchback corners are paved but the rest of the road is hard packed and gravel. I wouldn't recommend riding it during or just after a rain storm. Any other time shouldn't be a problem.
      DS#1146 IBA#55800 50CC,BBG, BB1500 x2, SS2K, SS1Kx3 CERTIFIED ALL DS, PGR RC
      2010 Level3 Endeavor Reverse Trike BS Driveguard

• biglefti
        biglefti commented
        Editing a comment
        It seems to take water pretty well. Some pretty good rain for two days and the night before we rode it. I was expecting to be turned back, but it was no issue at all. I think they grade the road everyday which caused the surface to be a little loose. It didn't take long to realize it was good to ride in the car or truck tracks.

Moki didn't even make the top 30 dangerous roads cut. https://bestlifeonline.com/dangerous-roads-in-america/

Now lane splitting will get yur blood a flowing for sure.

You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

• Rocky
        Rocky commented
        Editing a comment
        @big. been raining all week here.Bike just been washed too.
        So we said, screw it,were flying to vegas for a couple days. Yes!

• kwthom
        kwthom commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep...I do remember 5 cylinder ride.

Of course, I was 2-up - and she hadn't done a lot of spirited riding at that time with me, so I still have that as a viable reason.

Heh...

• Rocky
        Rocky commented
        Editing a comment
        kwthom. Hmmmm? I would of thought you'd of gone with the " We were on roads I wasn't familiar with" end of it. LOL

I've been riding through rain, slush, and snow the last four days, but the scenery was worth it. However, I washed the bike this morning so I really don't want to get her dirty again, at least not today!

• Rocky
        Rocky commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't mind getting her filthy when "I'm traveling"

I can wait before I leave the barn for another day, if she has her Sunday best on.

thanks for sharing. i need to get my butt there. great pics too

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page