Our trip from Billings, MT to Medford, Oregon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our trip from Billings, MT to Medford, Oregon

Just got back from a 1,100 miles ride from Billing to Medford. We delivered a 79 Blazer to Teresa's brother who lives in Billings. We trailered the bike and rode it back. The ride back was great, it was the first time Teresa and I have had a chance to do a long distance ride since taking charge of our grand children. We stayed off the interstate highway as much as possible, took U.S. 12 north of Billings and headed west, not much to see until you reach Missoula. We head south out of Missoula and connected with U.S.12 again and over Lolo Pass, spent the night at Lolo Hot Springs. The next morning we were off to Lewiston, ID then south on WA 129/OR3 to Enterprise. The ride is pretty boring until you get to Anatone, WA then you start up Rattlesnake Ridge, from there it is 23 miles of twisties and I mean twisties, there is approx 60 sharp turns on this piece of highway. At the top of the ridge you look down on what is called Rattlesnake Grade, the view point is awesome, you can see riders ascending the grade and descending the grade, most of the curves are marked at 20 miles per hour, and yes they can be peg scrapers if taken to fast. We spent the night in Baker City, Oregon and the next morning we headed west on OR-7, through the Elkhorn Mts, beautiful ride, connecting up with U.S.26 at Austin Junction, then off to Bend, Oregon via U.S. 26. We headed south on U.S. 97 and turned onto U.S. 138 at Beaver Marsh, then over the Cascade Mts to Medford. Took us 2 days to make the trip. Awesome ride.
    Vietnam Veteran 69-70 9th ID
    Member: Military Order of the Purple Heart
    Member: GWTA-Oregon

Glad you had a good ride. Nothing but smoke here in Idaho. (G)
    '04 Titanium ABS
    Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195-55-16
    Bridgestone BT-45 130/70-18
    Member - E. CLAMPUS VITUS
    Free Grazer IBA #22990
    NRA, Elks, and too many others
    Yuma, AZ

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by Clamper View Post
      Glad you had a good ride. Nothing but smoke here in Idaho. (G)
      Same here in Vancouver. Today is the first day in quite awhile that it has improved. Local news today said that the air quality in Seattle was the worst in the entire US. Bet they didn't check Fresno CA. Fresno broke the previous record for consecutive days over 100*, 30+
      When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
      Jimi Hendrix
      Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

I hated the valley in summer, unless I was riding up to Yosemite then it was only bad heading back home. I took a ride around Lake Tahoe last Sunday the traffic was terrible.
        '04 Titanium ABS
        Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195-55-16
        Bridgestone BT-45 130/70-18
        Member - E. CLAMPUS VITUS
        Free Grazer IBA #22990
        NRA, Elks, and too many others
        Yuma, AZ

• RoadRat
          RoadRat commented
          Editing a comment
          Weekends are horrible for traffic in Tahoe or Yosemite