The dismantling of America one brick at a time, till we become a nation of souless people, with no identity.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dismantling of America one brick at a time, till we become a nation of souless people, with no identity.

This is what people who detest America do. They create laws/ordinances, write op-ed for media consumption, and discourage displays, but when called on it they rear up like a mama grizzly bear defending their edits with patriotic garbage of verbal judo, thinking the true patriots will be satisfied with the haters answers. Similar acts of discourage abound.

"The Star-Spangled Banner survived the rocket’s red glare and bombs bursting in air – only to face a modern-day threat – silly town ordinances and petty bureaucrats.

I’m not sure if it’s an epidemic of anti-American nincompoopery sweeping across the fruited plain or if it’s a general lack of common sense. Maybe it’s both. I’ll let you be the judge of that.

In Lexington, South Carolina Marine veteran Bob Michaelis was told to remove a patriotic display from his mattress company.

Mr. Michaelis lined the front of his store with American flags – to honor our troops.

“We got 10 flags up,” he told television station WIS. “I thought maybe it was about time we return the patriotism in America. There’s not enough of it. It seems to be lost.”

But instead of congratulating Bob’s patriotism, the town fathers dispatched the law. He was informed that the flags violated an ordinance.

“The town of Lexington says they got to come down because there’s an ordinance in place,” he said.

The town administrator told WIS they did not issue Bob a citation nor did they tell him to take down the flags.

Click here to get Todd’s best-selling book – an indepth primer on how to restore traditional American values!

So why did they dispatch the chief of police to visit Bob’s store? Did they need new bedding for the local jail?

Town Administrator Britt Poole told WIS they just wanted to have a “conversation.”

Lexington Mayor Steve MacDougall posted a message on Facebook defending their actions. He said the ordinance had been on the books since 1999 and was enacted over a “negative situation involving the Confederate flag.”

“It is never our intent to interfere with a business but we have a duty to protect our community and we do that with great pride. We have members of our community that have fought, and died for our freedom to display this great symbol of our United States of America,” the mayor wrote.

Regardless, Old Glory remains unfurled outside Bob’s mattress store.

Meanwhile, residents in Newport Beach, California are battling City Hall over their Independence Day decorations.

The locals there stretched red, white and blue triangular flags from home to home to express their American pride.

“It adds a festive touch to the island,” resident Sharon Lambert told the LA Times.

Code enforcement officers disagreed and fired of letters explaining the decorations violated a city ordinance.

The letter warned that residents had one day to remove the decorations or “further enforcement actions may be taken,” the LA reported.

So far residents have decided to ignore the warnings – even if it means getting a fine.

The most egregious example of this anti-patriotic sentiment can be found in the pages of The New York Daily News.

Columnist Gersh Kuntzman penned an ugly diatribe titled, “Major League Baseball must permanently retire ‘God Bless America,’ a song that offends everyone.”

Yes, good readers. The New York Daily News wants us to stop asking the Almighty to bless our great nation during the seventh inning stretch.

“The song still embodies great things about America, but also our worst things: self-righteousness, forced piety, earnest self-reverence, foam,” he wrote.

Mr. Kuntzman probably takes umbrage with Mother’s Day and apple pie, too.

“Part of my outrage stems from ponderous Mussolini-esque introduction of the song, when fans are asked to rise, remove their caps and place them over their hearts,” he scribbled.

So not only does this guy find “God Bless America” offensive, he also seems to think it’s a symbol of fascism.

“So this July 4, join me at the Church of Baseball by not rising and not doffing your cap for a song that is not the national anthem of a nation that is not uniquely blessed by some deity that doesn’t exist anyway,” he wrote.

So he despises God and Country?

That kind of thinking ought to get him a permanent spot on the prayer list down at the local First Baptist Church.

It’s really no surprise the Daily News employs liberal loons like Mr. Kuntzman. They detest all of us gun-toting, Bible-clingers.

But that’s what makes our country great. We have the freedom to say or write whatever we want – thanks to founding documents that were flavored by the Judeo-Christian beliefs of our Founding Fathers.

So on Independence Day, you’ll find the Starnes family at a Southern ball park, waving Old Glory and belting out Irving Berlin’s finest tune.

May God bless America -- in spite of petty bureaucrats and the New York Daily News. "

Todd Starnes is host of Fox News & Commentary, heard on hundreds of radio stations. His latest book is "God Less America: Real Stories From the Front Lines of the Attack on Traditional Values." Follow Todd on Twitter@ToddStarnes and find him on Facebook.
    "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

Because of some possible movements at work there's a slim chance we might have to move, but it would only be for ~3 years until I retire. My wife was suggesting we go the condo route to keep from locking us in at the new location. My immediate response was that the only way I've consider it would be based on the ability to fly a flag 365 days a year and raise an additional flag or two for special occasions. An HOA or condo with rules that wouldn't allow for flying Old Glory would never get a an additional moment of my time or dime of my money.
    2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
    USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
    US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
    2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
    2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by clayusmcret View Post
      Because of some possible movements at work there's a slim chance we might have to move, but it would only be for ~3 years until I retire. My wife was suggesting we go the condo route to keep from locking us in at the new location. My immediate response was that the only way I've consider it would be based on the ability to fly a flag 365 days a year and raise an additional flag or two for special occasions. An HOA or condo with rules that wouldn't allow for flying Old Glory would never get a an additional moment of my time or dime of my money.
      Don't be afraid of an HOA. Our neighborhood includes a golf course, country club, two pools and tennis courts. All owned by the homeowners and run by our HOA. The U.S. Flag flies everyday at the neighborhood entrance. And for Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Veterans Day, the HOA places over 1000 flags along the entrance road and throughout the neighborhood. I assure you, its a very beautiful and moving sight.

You'll have an opportunity to review the HOA rules and policies before buying a house there (I assume the same would apply if you were renting).

Patriotic displays are GOOD. We, the American people, have a responsibility to maintain the freedom and liberty needed to continue our patriotic displays. Those who would rather ***** than get off their ass and work for their future will always attack your patriotism. To them, your patriotic display is symbolism of their failure(s). On this point, I think they're right. A patriotic display does symbolize the great bounty our liberty and freedom unleashes. If only those *****ing and moaning would redirect their energy into efforts to better themselves and their lives, they might understand begin to understand the meaning of every patriotic display.

Originally posted by Buckwing View Post

Don't be afraid of an HOA. Our neighborhood includes a golf course, country club, two pools and tennis courts. All owned by the homeowners and run by our HOA. The U.S. Flag flies everyday at the neighborhood entrance. And for Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Veterans Day, the HOA places over 1000 flags along the entrance road and throughout the neighborhood. I assure you, its a very beautiful and moving sight.

You'll have an opportunity to review the HOA rules and policies before buying a house there (I assume the same would apply if you were renting).

Patriotic displays are GOOD. We, the American people, have a responsibility to maintain the freedom and liberty needed to continue our patriotic displays. Those who would rather ***** than get off their ass and work for their future will always attack your patriotism. To them, your patriotic display is symbolism of their failure(s). On this point, I think they're right. A patriotic display does symbolize the great bounty our liberty and freedom unleashes. If only those *****ing and moaning would redirect their energy into efforts to better themselves and their lives, they might understand begin to understand the meaning of every patriotic display.
        The problem is even after reading the rules in advance, you don't know which kind you're in until it's too late. Add to that some of the ain't-got-a-life'ers who turn HOA's into their own little kingdoms. We've seen that quite a number of times through the years with friends who were then stuck living in in-fighting fiefdoms.
        2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
        USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
        US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
        2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
        2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

After today's events in NC and Colmey's statement, I took down my flag and ripped off the support bracket !!!!
          I will NOT be displaying the flag of the country that allowed this !!!
          I have no more pride in america ! I am ashamed to have served it !!!
          Ride safe
          Alex Z , Huntington Beach, CA

Originally posted by az1103 View Post
            After today's events in NC and Colmey's statement, I took down my flag and ripped off the support bracket !!!!
            I will NOT be displaying the flag of the country that allowed this !!!
            I have no more pride in america ! I am ashamed to have served it !!!
            Ditto. I took ours down when Bush called me a racist for not wanting DC to pass immigration reform ie; amnesty.

Originally posted by clayusmcret View Post

The problem is even after reading the rules in advance, you don't know which kind you're in until it's too late. Add to that some of the ain't-got-a-life'ers who turn HOA's into their own little kingdoms. We've seen that quite a number of times through the years with friends who were then stuck living in in-fighting fiefdoms.
              I feel bad for your friends. It would be terrible to find a home you want, in a neighborhood you desire, only to find yourself mired in power hungry HOA in-fighting and empire building.

I'll admit, the first time we moved into a neighborhood with an HOA, I was concerned about the issues you've raised. But my experience has been very favorable - and, no I am not part of, nor have I ever been part of an HOA governance. But, in our current neighborhood I've dealt with the Architectural Review Committee (ARC) to get approval for some exterior changes we wanted to make to our home. That experience wasn't too cumbersome and by going through it, I came away more comfortable with our HOA. In fact, I've come to really appreciate the purpose and effectiveness of our HOA. But, maybe my experience is not the norm - and I'm just lucky (I'll take it!). BTW - I took down eleven of the twelve flags we displayed for Independence Day. The remaining flag will always be displayed.

Crooked HRC has NO morals or Soul #trumpthatwitch2016
                Whoever said money can’t buy happiness, never paid for a divorce

IBA # 40576

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page