X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumocraps Don't Like Our Posts

http://www.theglforum.com/forum/foru...torcycle-forum

A guy with 9 posts since last October doesn't approve of our posts here. Another who has been a member for a year and a half and has 29 posts says we're on his ignore list.

Harvey Barlow
    Crosby County, TX
    2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
    2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

Agents from the other canuck controlled rancid and moldy board I suspect.

Others just love to whine. It makes them feel important I suppose.

Also a casual observation, on most GW forums I rarely see ride/tour pictures other than GW events. Just sayin'
    Some of the other mc forums I'm on, that's pretty much all you see. People like to see photos of actual places rather then some fat slobs sitting on their mc's.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I understand that many disagree with our political posts but we're in the political forum which is provided by the forum owner for this specific purpose. He doesn't want politics discussed in the rest of the site for understandable reasons. This forum is so-named and includes a warning not to enter here if someone does not want to read political comments.

Members who disagree could offer different opinions if they choose or could ignore our posts.

If they are truly concerned about the forum being slow they could create new threads or comment on old existing threads.

Unfortunately, some choose to contribute little or nothing to the forum except to complain about our posts.
      Harvey Barlow
      Crosby County, TX

• Lone Ranger
        Lone Ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        If you don't like the topic in the designated tab, then don't open the topic. Gee, it isn't rocket science to figure out. If you don't like getting your hand burnt, then don't keep sticking it in the flames.

Thank the owner of this forum to have a sense of humor and allow as close as possible "Free Speech", unlike another that wishes to muffle and censor members for the slightest transgression.

Same response on other forum.

So what do motorcyclists talk about after spending 15 minutes talking about their bikes? GF, BF, wife, husband, EX, azzhats, job, kids, marriage, neighbors, BBQ food, vacations, and POLITICS.
      "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

..........and Jesus

Originally posted by Lone Ranger View Post
          Same response on other forum.

So what do motorcyclists talk about after spending 15 minutes talking about their bikes? GF, BF, wife, husband, EX, azzhats, job, kids, marriage, neighbors, BBQ food, vacations, and POLITICS.
          Yep. How many conversations could we endure about whether to use Dunlop, Bridgestone, or other brand tires on a Goldwing or what brand of oil and filter is preferred.

I love my Goldwing. No one could ever convince me that 1800 Goldwings from 2001 through this year's models are not the finest touring motorcycle ever manufactured but imo Goldwings are boring. We all own the same one. They don't break, they don't wear out, performance upgrades are unnecessary and almost impossible to accomplish, and they're comfortable touring machines as sold by the dealers. Most of us have added Utopia backrests, handlebar pull back risers, and Kuryakyn highway pegs but how many times can we talk about them?

Choices of riding gear or whether to be ATGATT or wear shorts, T shirts, and flip flops are personal and few agree on the same choices. I like Aerostich. Some prefer First Gear. Some don't wear helmets. That's mostly boring also.

All of us have a similar level of riding experience and knowledge and willingly answer questions posted to the forum so what should we do - take up knitting and wait for someone to make a comment about a Goldwing we can respond to?
          Harvey Barlow
          Crosby County, TX

The actual truth here is what the whiners don't like is our conservative politics. They realize it reveals their true beliefs if they state that so instead they try to make it a complaint against political discussion.

Why would anyone care if some of us choose to discuss politics anymore than if we choose to discuss plumbing fittings or photography?
            Harvey Barlow
            Crosby County, TX

Do these people realize that politics is the #1 topic of discussion everywhere right now?

Regardless of a persons political leanings, a person would have to be brain dead not to know that this election cycle will determine the direction our country takes! In addition, this has been one of the most colorful, interesting, & entertaining primary seasons I can remember!

I have in the past stated my disappointment that the MC Sections of this forum have so little activity, but as Harvey already stated,while we all love the bikes this forum was created for, the GL1800 is boring and really is not a hot or important topic in this time.

I also don't think it is just Democrats complaint. I suspect that more than a few of the complainers are the same people that get ticked off when their favorite brainless sitcom is preempted to show a debate or some significant breaking news.
              I, on the other hand, get ticked off if I turn on television and find brainless sitcoms on every channel! Maybe that's why I don't turn the TV on!
              Gee! What a concept! If you don't like the content, don't go there!
              I guess it's too much to expect of a liberal brainless sitcom junkie to grasp that concept! :-)

Thankfully Chris has taken the decision to support free thought and speech. I've found information through links provided on this political section of the forum I might otherwise have not discovered. I've also seen some [email protected]#$ crazy stuff. But, I can read the stuff and make my own conclusions. "Or, I can not come to this section of the board. Simple enough folk.

Every response in this thread is right when they've address the question regarding a lack of GL1800 posts. This question will continue to haunt this board until new GL1800 owners find this board. When they come and ask GL1800 questions, they'll find the most straightforward advice from the most knowledgeable experts anywhere. theglforum.com doesn't show up on the first page of a google search for "GL1800" or "Goldwing." This keeps the new Goldwing owner from asking GL1800 questions prompting more motorcycle talk.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page