Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canada has moved further left

/// Trudeau has pledged support to a wide range of left-wing causes. While supporting the Keystone XL Pipeline (while fully aware of President Obama’s opposition to it), Trudeau opposes other pipeline projects to bring crude oil to market to the west and east of Canada. He has promised to ease family reunification of refugees in addition to bringing in another 25,000 from Syria. Canada’s state-broadcaster – the CBC – is likely glad to have been promised even greater funding above and beyond the over $1 billion currently flowing into its coffers annually.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...nearly-decade/
    Perhaps President pro-temp Trump will call for a northern border wall as well. Make canada pay for it.

Is it possible to hate obama more?

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Maybe the new PM can institute a buyback gun program like Australia's. Hillary can then point to Canada as promoting common sense gun laws meant to stop violence and killing because of firearms.
      "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

YVR must be in his bunk about now.

Originally posted by Z-Man View Post
          YVR must be in his bunk about now.
          Probably packing his firearms up readying them for the buyback. Go liberals!!!
          "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

Originally posted by Lone Ranger View Post

Probably packing his firearms up readying them for the buyback. Go liberals!!!

Trudeau and his wife are young and attractive. I mean, who cares that he's a nitwit?

As the only Canadian posting on this topic so far, all I can say is thank you Canadians for getting rid of that ultra-conservative right wing racist and egomaniac, Harper.
                Trudeau and the Liberals will be a breath of fresh air, promoting economic growth at the expense of running deficit budgeting for a while. I have no problem with refugees streaming into my country. As long as they are productive Canadians who do not rely on welfare or the prisons for support and lodging, welcome to all. They are coming to the land of milk and honey from hell.

And yes, handguns are not welcome here.
                I am forever grateful for that law.
                While on that topic, I feel really badly for my US neighbours.
                It seems that either every citizen should carry, or none should carry.
                Otherwise, be prepared for even more senseless massacres of innocent Americans.
                I'm done. Hammer away.

They elected a snow board instructor for crying out loud.

WALL NOW!

Originally posted by bigbird View Post
                    racist .
                    Explain to me why he is a racist. What facts/actions/statements of Harper earn you labeling him a racist? Always interested when people throw this label around when they don't agree with another's policy or political view.

• bigbird
                      bigbird commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Here's Harper's quote and Canada's take on that quote regarding immigrants, specifically refugees:

We do not offer them a better health-care plan than the ordinary Canadian can receive. I think that's something that both new and existing and old-stock Canadians can agree with

His old-stock Canadians remark, instead of going unnoticed, immediately unleashed an onslaught of questions over what old stock meant, whether it had racist overtones and whether it was part of an overall Conservative campaign to engage in identity politics or stoke fears against other groups.

Old stock was inferred to mean WASPS, white anglo saxon protestants.

Harper's original Reform party had this to say about immigration, noted from Wikipedia:

The Reform Party advocated an immigration policy based solely on the economic needs of Canada. Reform's early policy proposals for immigration were seen as highly controversial in Canada including a policy pamphlet called Blue Sheet that was issued in mid-1991 stating that Reformers opposed "any immigration based on race or creed or designed to radically or suddenly alter the ethnic makeup of Canada". The statement was considered too controversial and subsequent Reform Party policy documents did not declare any similar concern for a radical alteration of the ethnic make-up of Canada. However this controversy and others raised the question over whether Reform was intolerant to non-white people and whether the party harboured racist members. Subsequent repeated accounts of xenophobic and racist statements by individual Reform party supporters and members spread this concern, though the party itself continuously denied that it supported such views.

• Lone Ranger
                      Lone Ranger commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Explain this 'Old stock was inferred to mean WASPS, white anglo saxon protestants' Who decided that this is what was meant to mean WASPS? In other words this relates to the sentence you mention prior. Was a college professor, a linguist, a SJW, or an opponent?

Couple of points you old men should consider:
                    1. The guy who won is a lot younger that the guy who lost.
                    2. Voter turn out was way up.
                    3. Voter turnout among the 'younger' voters was way, way up.
                    4. The winning candidate won in every major city. Big time.

Harper and his advisors made a lot of mis-calculations but I doubt that he could have won even with the perfect campaign. It has been 100 years since a Prime Minister won four times in a row. No matter which party you like after 10 years change is probably a good idea.

I liked Harper at first but then he did not follow-up on his promises. You guys have the term RINO to describe what I feel about Harper and much of his 'conservative caucus. I wish we had a word like that.

Another big problem for Harper is that a few of his conservative back-benchers were (are) religious nut-jobs. They turned me, and many others, sour on the whole party. That being said I still voted conservative as they are the best of a lousy choice. I'm actually not too annoyed that they lost, but I would have like it to be closer.

Getting back to the first points: look at which U.S. Presidential candidate has the largest numbers of under-30's following their campaign electronically and you'll probably see who has a VERY good chance of winning. Policy and logic seems to take a back seat to instant messaging.

One good thing - this was our longest campaign ever and people are complaining of the cost. I'm very glad we don't have to spend what you Americans do.

Originally posted by John in YVR View Post
                      . I'm very glad we don't have to spend what you Americans do.
                      It is designed to thin the herd of candidates by dissuading them due to the cost of running a campaign; which is why there are PACS - Political Action Committees. The major donor money goes to PACS, even though the candidates raise huge sums themselves.

Canada’s new leader to pull planes from anti-Islamic State coalition

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...c=nl_headlines

They're a bunch of inbred liberal loving ingrates. We need a wall and to tell the canucks their national defense is on them now. Trump will do this.

I can't wait for the liberal Canadian PM to move the Canadian people into the realm of deficit spending with the intent of never paying the money back.

The only ones to make out on deficit spending are the banks, who created the idea for gov to have money to spend, which otherwise might not have the funds due to enough funds not being generated through taxation.

They're a bunch of inbred liberal loving ingrates. We need a wall and to tell the canucks their national defense is on them now. Trump will do this.
                            You're a funny guy, eh.

You're a funny guy, eh.
                              Funny as a heart attack Bigtird.

Funny as a heart attack Bigtird.
                                Bigtird?

Sure, try to pull me into your whirlpool of stupidity and provocation.
                                Ain't gonna happen, eh
                                Do you even own or know how to drive a motorcycle?
                                Somehow, I have my doubts.

I'm your worst nightmare on the road lady.

Me too, unless they make one for trolls.
                                    George - 2013 F6B Standard - Largo, FL

Originally posted by srt8-in-largo View Post

Me too, unless they make one for trolls.
                                      Well mam, you would be wrong.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page