Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you beleive this data?

I am very skeptical of all of the 'statistics' based national polling services. The one attached had a total of ~9,159 respondents. Look at the column labeled 'SAMPLE.' That sure seems like an awfully small sample size. And, how was that spread out across the U.S.?

Please don't make this political. It is an honest, sincere question. Do you trust this data? I don't. I think we need a much more comprehensive 'polling' apparatus.

Regards,
    Joe T.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Polling Data.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	130235

Do I believe?

It's a statistical average of the seven polls listed below.

Lies, da*m lies & statistics.
    Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Biden (or whoever they bring in to replace him when his dementia is finally too much for his handlers) is absolutely going to trounce Trump in every poll.... right up until the moment they announce Trump's surprising win on election night.
      2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
      USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
      US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
      2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
      2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

I once stood next to a fellow that was being interviewed by a local TV station regarding the Bagwan Shree Ragneesh in central Oregon. When I watched the interview on TV that night it had been so edited that it portrayed exactly the opposite of what the man said. A few years later, my mother was dating one of the news editors that worked directly for Peter Jennings on ABC. I told him this story and asked him if we see any truth in the news. His answer was, "only if it fits their agenda". I have never believed a single word of news since, and never will again!!!

I honestly did not state my question properly:

Do you think that such a small sample size, and no indication of where the samples were taken, can accurately represent the American people? The combined sample size for this chart was ~9,000 people. Isn't there a better way to determine the intentions of the American people?

Joe T.

Originally posted by Joe T. View Post
            The combined sample size for this chart was ~9,000 people. Isn't there a better way to determine the intentions of the American people?
            Yes - we call them 'election days'.

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/essa...20-electorate/

"Since older adults are more likely to turn out to vote, it’s possible that older generations will form a larger share of actual voters in 2020 than their share in the electorate. That’s what happened in 2016: Even though Boomers and older generations accounted for 43% of eligible voters, they cast 49% of the ballots."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_...tial_elections

Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

Polls have become meaningless. Too many registered American voters have disconnected their landlines and many who still do have their landlines are as turned off by poll takers as they are telemarketers (it's hard to tell them apart in the first moments of their respective conversations). On top of that, many people have become afraid of giving honest responses for fear of being doxxed (their names/addresses being leaked to cause them grief for their opinion). Result? The few who do participate are no longer a reliable sample. Hence, polls really have become meaningless. The only reasonably valid poll is the election....until it's all mail-in and then those will be tweaked as needed as well.
              2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
              USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
              US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
              2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
              2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

Most people know that a poll can be skewed any way you want. You can make it come out YOUR way just by altering the sample size or the sample subject. Look at the 2016 election. Some networks had Hillary up by an 80/20 margin. That poll probably came out of LA county. In our society today polls are useless. The people conducting the polls have an agenda. Mostly it's the media. If you listen to them Trump has already lost the election. We may as well all stay home. Just like we did in 2016.

Sorry.Clay. I didn't read yours till after I posted mine. You said it well. I could have left mine out. You had it covered. I could have just said , "What he said"

Originally posted by Joe T. View Post
                    Please don't make this political. It is an honest, sincere question. Do you trust this data? I don't. I think we need a much more comprehensive 'polling' apparatus.
                    No, I do not.
                    '03 GL1800A

Do you beleive this data?

NO- I don't "believe" that data.

Like kwthom said.

The only poll I believe is the actual election.

As pointed out in clayusmcret post.

It will be interesting to see after the fact - just how many actually show up to vote 2020??

**You may not like the Truth-But that doesn't change it!**
                      "Life is Tough-It's tougher when you are stupid"
                      1981 CB900C -DCT
                      1986 GL1200 SEi - DCT
                      2004 GL1800 - "Modified Ring & Pinion"

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
                        It will be interesting to see after the fact - just how many actually show up to vote 2020??
                        There are two schools of thought on all of this:
                        • There will be less apathy due to what has happened over the last three months, and people will remember this when they have the ballot in front of them...
                        • Five months will temper some of those thoughts above, the apathy will kick in, and the ballot in front of them won't matter - in their eyes.
                        To be honest, there really isn't a third reply worth typing out.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page