X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tony in AZ
    100 Club Member
    • Aug 2014

I had reduced my visits to that board to the point I did not know how wide the fan "splatter" had gotten after the low quality bias moderating by bartman. When I asked questions about moderating in the "proper forum" , I received several PM from other members with same complaints. It was nice to learn that many were upset.

When VS-Jeff arrived and the new mods 1 2 3 4 , it was obvious they did not know the board or the flow of the board. They are now ruling with a hammer. That board may die by the hammer (lack of cliks). Actually I hope it does. VS-Jeff eggsplained how he is an automotive enthusiast , a regular guy.... naw . As Jeff says: Lets refrain from discussing that here. LOL

As for bad spelling, I like to miss spell words just to give the spelling police something to do.

They dont seem to know what the word "troll" means, since about everything there now they dont like is "troll like behavior" then a thread is closed
    2013 Red Airbag 1800

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• Rick Mays
      500 Club Member
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by on the road View Post

Ghostman,
      If you're going to publicly ridicule another person's spelling, it's probably a good idea to be relatively adept at spelling yourself.

Your sentence should have read:
      With Jeff's misspelling, it makes you wonder if he's Goldwing Greg in disguise. . That would explain a lot of the banning.

Sometimes irony is thick enough to cut with a knife.
      Originally posted by on the road
      Same people, same mentality.....just relocated to a different forum.
      100% predictable.

I'm done, You kids enjoy your new forum

Hey, is this irony? Cause if memory serves me. You said or should I say typed that you were out of here, you were taking your ball and going home, now are you a man/girl of your word? LOL! If you stay around, don't be getting all butthurt on us in every one of your post's ok! Cause it will just make you cry! And shows us that you are like a child that likes to whine, ***** and moan! Haaaaaaaaaaaaa! Come on, and pull your panties up, man up and get along and stop the little spoiled girl attitude!
      """""""Darksider #10 It's been said by many people, that I am still only 16 years old inside my head!! LOL!!
      I have never thrown a leg over any make or model of motorcycle and had nothing but a good time!!"""""""

• kwthom
        1K Club Member
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Tony in AZ View Post
        <...>They dont seem to know what the word "troll" means, since about everything there now they dont like is "troll like behavior" then a thread is closed
        There's 2000, 3000 people that are active participants on that forum. yes, they have 30,000 signed up, but only 10% or so are active. I think all forums end up that way at one point in time or another.

They simply were hooked on that 30,000 number, "Wow - the eyeballs we can sell to advertisers!"

When that 3000 dwindles to 300, wonder if the ad rates drop an equal amount.

Effective 09/23/2023, re-dedicating myself to a self-imposed "social media detox" - focusing on offline social interactions and actions.

• wingleader09
          500 Club Member
          • Aug 2014

The website stats are not looking good over on the "Riders" forum. The "Daily Page Views per Visitor" is down by 31.5%, "Daily Time on Site" is down by 39% and the "Bounce Rate" is up by 9% (number of site exits after visiting only one page).

• Fred in GA
            100 Club Member
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
            If we are going to critique people spelling, I'm screwed!

I thought you were on Vacation???????????? Wheels and I got this......
            2001 Hot Rod Yellow GL1800A

• speckfisher
              100 Club Member
              • Aug 2014

interesting stuff going on around here
              '12 GL1800 Level 4 & '08 FLHX Darksider #1378

• Fred in GA
                100 Club Member
                • Aug 2014

Kit..........I'm thinking I'm gonna need your help puttin back together the wing....It seems that back in 01 when I got her she was put together with non-logo Honda fasteners. So after reading greg's post and he said you better check, well now have got a problem, lots of nuts and bolts in a bucket. Could you bring some wrenches with ya, none of mine fit and I had to beat the sockets on and sears wont give me new ones............But the good news is my battery does have a logo

• jmohme
                  1K Club
                  • Aug 2014

After reading this thread I had to look at my menu bar to see what Goldwing forum I was logged onto!

• Kit Carson
                    100 Club Member
                    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Fred in GA View Post
                    Kit..........I'm thinking I'm gonna need your help puttin back together the wing....It seems that back in 01 when I got her she was put together with non-logo Honda fasteners. So after reading greg's post and he said you better check, well now have got a problem, lots of nuts and bolts in a bucket. Could you bring some wrenches with ya, none of mine fit and I had to beat the sockets on and sears wont give me new ones............But the good news is my battery does have a logo
                    I have a battery with a logo too, it says Yuasa on it. I have plenty of tools, and hey, the square hole goes on the ratchet.........Lol!

I best behave, ....................................

We learn who we can trust and listen to, the rest of it is just entertainment.

• Taddpole
                      100 Club Member
                      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by azsandrider View Post
                      After your last topic over 'there' I think you won't have to worry about posting as you will be banned.

I see more and more of us posting here and not there. One day soon I will sign out over there as well and never go back.

I just wish there is a way to erase my profile and previous posts.
                      There is a way, but it would be pretty tedious. Start by going to your profile. There you can have it show all of the threads that you've started and you should be able to delete each one (probably one at a time...). Then, you could do the same thing with all of your individual posts. Do you have a year or three with nothing better to do?
                      White '08 Navi
                      SW OH

• clayusmcret
                        1K Club
                        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Taddpole View Post

There is a way, but it would be pretty tedious. Start by going to your profile. There you can have it show all of the threads that you've started and you should be able to delete each one (probably one at a time...). Then, you could do the same thing with all of your individual posts. Do you have a year or three with nothing better to do?
                        Besides that, there is a humongous amount of good advice that other GL1800 riders need to stumble onto mixed in with all the other comments. There are months of reading (and much rewriting to replace anywhere else) for the thousands of questions asked multiple times. Whatever the site (the other one, Saunders, Goldwingdocs, etc.), they are all good repositories for the masses. Here's to the time when the depth of responses at this site overtakes them all.
                        2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
                        USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
                        US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
                        2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
                        2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

• kwthom
                          1K Club Member
                          • Aug 2014

Ask Wheels - he had it done! Quite begrudgingly by the admins, I might add. If you had a dozen people pull that same stunt, it might come close to crippling that place. After all, ~5000 or ~10,000 posts doesn't seem like a lot when there's nearly 2 million, but that could be serious havoc on that database that stores the messages if a few chunks of data like that are removed.

As the prior post mentioned, there are a few nuggets of wisdom interspersed with the dross that's on that forum. I took one of my recent threads and transplanted it here (in the Iron Butt forum...)

There are only a couple of other threads that I may do that with a bit later on, but this is a new beginning. This is the opportunity of doing it *better* than it was done there.

I know a LOT of other posts from may other members have those pieces of absolute wisdom - the Google will remember it, even if you don't.
                          Effective 09/23/2023, re-dedicating myself to a self-imposed "social media detox" - focusing on offline social interactions and actions.

• jmohme
                            1K Club
                            • Aug 2014

A profile and all postings can be removed by the boards administrator too. If you can get them to do it. Why would they though when it's apparent that they don't seem to care about members that don't conform to their ways.

• bandito
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by jmohme View Post
                              A profile and all postings can be removed by the boards administrator too. If you can get them to do it. Why would they though when it's apparent that they don't seem to care about members that don't conform to their ways.
                              When I left there I asked to have my profile removed and it was done without question.

• WB-Ron
                                100 Club Member
                                • Aug 2014

I understand that everyone's perspective and reasons will vary, but my own personal view is.... why all the concern about having your profile and past posts removed? You once were (or perhaps still are as is my case) a member of a forum you enjoyed. The posts you made contributed to threads that you took an interest in. Nothing wrong with that, and deleting them now to make as if that wasn't the case does not change what was. A lot of good people still over there, and deleting your profile and posts only punishes those who might get something from the information you shared, rather than the forum reps who you may have issue with now. Just my 2 cents worth, and YMMV. I understand that some here have had a negative experience that caused them to leave, and I certainly am not questioning your decision to do so. For me though, I have many good friends "over there" (especially on the WI sub-forum), and will continue to enjoy both forums, as long as both remain enjoyable for me. When that's no longer the case, I'll simply stop posting and move on, but my posts will remain, both the good ones and the bad ones, because they did happen.

BTW, I'm enjoying the heck out of this forum. Keep up the good work Cruiseman!
                                Ron
                                2002 GL1800A Darksider #1312
                                Experience is the hardest teacher because she gives the test first,
                                and the lesson afterward ~ Vernon Sanders Law

• Pizza Man
                                  100 Club Member
                                  • Aug 2014

I leave mine on all forums. Even though I might not post any more, I like to go back and see what's new.
                                  T.A. Jens
                                  The Pizza Man
                                  1800 06 White Champion Trike
                                  2005 Bunkhouse Camper
                                  2006 Breeze Cargo Trailer
                                  GWRRA Life Member

• Rocky
                                    1K Club
                                    • Aug 2014

Think about this.

They don't bother to remove a banned member or members profiles or thread/posting history's, who have died or members who haven't posted in say a year or more. Why??

Because the member numbers are important when you are soliciting new sponsor dollars.

High member count means more $$.. so why would they cut off their nose to spite there face.

I think they are gutless cheap SOB to ban a member and keep the valid info they had posted.

I know it's easy to do. Because I ticked off Brian Fenner on the old board and he cried like the wimp he is to Lamont and posted such on the board.
                                    He was so ticked at me that he "Purged" me totally from his deadzone ridersrally board..
                                    I love it when they get so mad they wet themselves and do childish things thinking they can get me upset..lol

My old "Location" over there said "Watching Karma unfold" I had no idea at the time I changed my location that it would happen this quickly.

What you guys don't know is "Lamont" still plays a part of that board. (Might of been part of the sale to VS that he hangs around and helps out for a designated time?)
                                    I can see when he was last logged in by looking at his profile when he last checked in on the board.
                                    He is listed as "Webmaster" here- http://gl1800riders/forums/membe...0617-Lamonster
                                    But on this page he is an "Administrator" (scroll down) http://gl1800riders/forums/showgroups.php

It's nice to know that Lamont can watch his old board go down the toilet by the clowns that are ruining it now..

It's all business for VS. if that board dies. they will just offer sponsorship to the current sponsors on one of their many other motorcycle boards they own.

Don't be fooled for a minute in thinking they would care if members left in droves or not. Business is an will always be about how much money a business can generate for thatacquisition of a board with a high member count.

• Wheels
                                      500 Club Member
                                      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by kwthom View Post
                                      Ask Wheels - he had it done! Quite begrudgingly by the admins, I might add . . .
                                      Actually, when I asked to have my account deleted, I did in fact ask to have all of my posts removed. My position, and I am not advocating,suggesting, or promoting to anyone else, was that once the new children in town saw fit to ask Wheels to leave, then it only made sense to throw "his" (my) belongings out with me. I was told that "it could not be done," which even I know is a crock. As it stands, I remain a "guest" and according to "Glenda" the GL1800radmin, I only need to "ask" to have my account restored (I could see the chain smoking begin now, LOL), but as I have shared, I have no reason to ask anyone anything since it was not "my" decision to leave. To date, I was told that I "personally attacked someone." Not sure who or how, since I have never been told. The account that I created to have disabled folks that I was working with referred to by some of my Triker friends (which I never used to post with) was also deleted and with it, I was told that I was Banned forever, having never made one post with it. LOL. For ole Wheels, there is a hateful mod(s) that have their panties in a knot over me. Frankly, as some of you know, I could care less, and have no plans to ask anyone anything. "Wheels" has lost nothing in all of this. Those that I were working it will eventually find me here and at other sites and it will be all good.

I think of the sad examples that have been chosen to usher that site forward and am reminded each day what a poor decision it was when the cattle call went out: "who wants to be a MOD, come on down." I wonder if they drug test for those positions? LOL

As I have said, and would agree with others, I am happy to be a part of this new site and hope to play a positive role helping it to advance. Yes, I would still like to see my posts and account completely deleted, but I understand that it means a great deal to a sad little old man who feels like he actually accomplished something with his life to have it there, thus "Wheels" has never really left. If it makes him feel better about himself, than once again, Wheels left the building doing something good for a fellow rider.
                                      __________________________________________________ __________

Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
                                      Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

• Fred in GA
                                        100 Club Member
                                        • Aug 2014

For those who need to know............Mod #2 is non other than Dennis wingwing.

• Rocky
                                          1K Club
                                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Fred in GA View Post
                                          For those who need to know............Mod #2 is non other than Dennis wingwing.
                                          Fred, I caught that this morning. He outed himself.

That ***** edited ***** lured me to "Go see his old house in the desert" when he was out here in CA while we were out riding in Palm Desert..
                                          I said sure no problem if you want to have a look down memory lane.

Turns out after we get there that it's his ex wife's house whom he hasn't spoken to in years. As he is trying to get cell service walking up/down the dirt road. He admits that she has a drug dealing husband who carries,
                                          When I asked.
                                          Why are we sitting at the end of her dirt road driveway looking for cell service,and not just got knock on her door??

So I'm thinking. If this guy shows up with a firearm to deal with this ******** edited *****. I'm going to ask him to hold off shooting him, so I can take care of the little creep myself for dragging into this foolishness without warning me what he was about to drag me into.

I told him. "See ya Dennis" (I had a wife and kids at home). I was ticked off and can't stand him for what he pulled on me.
                                          He knows not to show his face in my presence ever again. I won't miss a second chance to show him my displeasure.

Now it makes sense why whenever someone starts a thread with "Rocky" in it. it gets deleted in less than 15-20 mins.

I should have all my friends start Rocky threads just to make him mad..lol
                                          Last edited by Cruiseman; 09-02-2014, 03:38 PM.

• Cruiseman
                                            Cruiseman commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Common guys, no name-calling. Don't make me come in there!