X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildfire Location And Information Tool

http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/

I went through this a few years back and I feel for these people.
    It is a terrible thing to watch everything you have worked for get reduced to ash.

The other side of the coin is that being able to walk away and later rebuild is gift.
    Heed the warnings and evacuate when the time comes. Things can be replaced. Lives can not.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

A few years ago I was leaving East Glacier NP on US2 heading southwest and drove right through the remnants of a wildfire that had just passed through. I couldn't believe the road was open. The wooden guardrail posts on the side of the road were still smoldering. The lingering smoke was choking and made my eyes water.

• jmohme
        jmohme commented
        Editing a comment
        When they let us back in after the Central Texas wildfires, the fire crews were still working on hot spots and underground fires.

Thanks. I still own a home in Santa Clarita near Golden Valley. My tenant sends photos daily.

We almost lost that house in 2001 to another fire which was across (east of) the Cal 14 freeway. This fire is just across the 14, too.

Joe T.

Originally posted by Joe T. View Post
        Thanks. I still own a home in Santa Clarita near Golden Valley. My tenant sends photos daily.

We almost lost that house in 2001 to another fire which was across (east of) the Cal 14 freeway. This fire is just across the 14, too.

Joe T.
        I hope all goes well and you are spared the loss of your home. I live in the Central Valley of CA (Fresno area) and as you well know the entire state is a tinder box just waiting to go up in flames. Our local fire dept. is having a rough time keeping up with all the calls and their is an arsonist setting fires all over the place that isn't helping matters.
        When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
        Jimi Hendrix
        Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Originally posted by Joe T. View Post

Joe T.

Originally posted by RoadRat View Post

I hope all goes well and you are spared the loss of your home. I live in the Central Valley of CA (Fresno area) and as you well know the entire state is a tinder box just waiting to go up in flames. Our local fire dept. is having a rough time keeping up with all the calls and their is an arsonist setting fires all over the place that isn't helping matters.

I really hope you guys come out of this without incident.
          And as for the arsonist,,, well I won't say in public what I hope happens to that POS!

Thank you for thinking of us.

As I posted on another tread:

Drought, fire, rain, then start all over is the natural order of life.

Most folks, myself included, expect 'paradise' to be 'paradise.' So, lots of plants, trees, etc. Fuel for the eventual fire.

Interesting side note: Most fires which come from the outside of a house are caused by the window curtains catching fire inside which then spreads to teh rest of the house.

I think the double pained windows and low-E glass has helped that issue.

Joe T.

Originally posted by RoadRat View Post

We had an arson started fire about a mile and a half from us last week, 10 homes totally gone, 8 others heavily damaged, 3 coworkers lost everything.Still ain't caught the little bast**rd!!
              DS#1146 IBA#55800 50CC,BBG, BB1500 x2, SS2K, SS1Kx3 CERTIFIED ALL DS, PGR RC
              2010 Level3 Endeavor Reverse Trike

• RoadRat
                RoadRat commented
                Editing a comment
                It's really sad that a family can either be killed in a fire or have all their worldly possessions destroyed because of some sick SOB.
            Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page