X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook is tracking you more than you probably realize

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...7QL?li=BBnb7Kz

It still amazes me that so many people put so much of their personal information on line.

I read where a group of criminals would scan FB and
    find out when people in there area were going/on vacation...then proceed to rob their homes.

Not tracking me any more.

I avoided Freakbook for a long time before my Wife finally talked me into it for my photography business.
    It was a good marketing tool, but last summer Facebook's self serving practices cost me $800 worth of bandwidth at an event, and I have not been back on since.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I have a FB page which I do not use but people post to it. I do not reply. Gave up doing it a long time ago because of job and family.

And yes criminals do target FB for info. People are so use to posting on FB because it is cool to stay in touch and comment that now the privacy of Americans is not only threatened by gov data collection but by FB postings.

People wishing others Happy Birthday, doesn't take long with other info on the web to figure out the year. Name, address, DOB, etc, etc, and now identity can be compromised.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

Facebook is not tracking me. I have no interest in participating on a 'look at me' website. I still think twitter is the sounds made by small birds in the spring time.

I'm old, old-fashioned, and highly resistant to change and new electronic toys. My wife has tried for years to get me to buy an I-phone. A phone is to talk on. I can send and receive text via email.
        Harvey Barlow
        Crosby County, TX
        2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
        2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page