Drone Harvesting..... south of Fort Worth.. Good for them !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drone Harvesting..... south of Fort Worth.. Good for them !!

Have a Home Owners Association that has banned together all it owners along with an individual airfield to stop the constant intrusion by drones of its owners property. They requested and were granted permission to control their overhead airspace to a distance of 4,000 ft./ they have hired a group of 6 previous military snipers that will be using .22 Hi Caliber CO2 Air Rifles to maintain the area. Has worked well so far as they seem to be a line forming to be part of the cure. 13 down to date / seized by Police Department Pickup..... Has also been noted some of these pilots have removed parts and cameras to try and fly the 3 miles secured area without being downed.. they think maybe one has made it.... Sure sounds like great skeet or trap course material for those that furnish $$$$ targets... Of course the Air Guns used are not typical and run about a grand each or more..... these guys are Silouette Shooters at distance / many use this .45 AirForce Texan Big Bore Air Rifle / 7174 ft/lbs @ 2824 fps with a 405 grain Pellet!

• Precharged pneumatic
    • Single-shot
    • Sidelever
    • 11mm dovetail
    • 34" barrel
    • 2-stage trigger (adj. for position only)
    • 2.06-lb. trigger-pull
    • Automatic safety
    • Textured grip
    • 490cc tank
    • Pressure-relief device
    • 3000 psi (200 bar) max fill pressure
    • Adjustable power
    • Extended optics rail
    • 7.65 lbs. (without scope & mount)
    • No baffles- is not silenced
    • 13.875" to 15" length of pull
    • Buttplate can be rotated right and left for some cast-on and cast-off adjustability
    • Made in USA
    • Loudness: 5+++ High (Super Loud)
    • Barrel: Rifled
    • Seat Belts not included!

• Bama Jack
    replied
    I don't know much about the rifle mentioned above, but I can tell you that a 410 shotgun will knock one of those things from the top of a 40 FT pine tree with ease.

Leave a comment:

• bbalzer
    replied
    I don't believe there is any chance at all that they are getting 7174 ft/lbs of energy and 2824 ft/sec. Just can't do that with 3,000-4,000 psi pushing that big a bullet. Have to have MUCH higher pressures. If interested, read more about "air guns". Not toys and pack enough punch to even down a 2,000 lb water buffalo, but not 7,000 ft/lbs and 2824 ft/sec. I have an older Speer reloading manual and did a quick look on the largest firearm cartridge with 400 grain bullet I could find. 416 Remington Magnum. I suppose there is something larger. 400 grain bullet with 2400 ft/sec velocity only equates to about 5,116 ft/lbs energy at the muzzle. Air rifle isn't doing more.

Leave a comment:

• Solidbob
    commented on 's reply
    The standard specs of the air gun are as you state although these guys have found ways to get more power for further distances and flatter flights...

• bbalzer
    replied
    Originally posted by Solidbob View Post
    Have a Home Owners Association that has banned together all it owners along with an individual airfield to stop the constant intrusion by drones of its owners property. They requested and were granted permission to control their overhead airspace to a distance of 4,000 ft./ they have hired a group of 6 previous military snipers that will be using .22 Hi Caliber CO2 Air Rifles to maintain the area. Has worked well so far as they seem to be a line forming to be part of the cure. 13 down to date / seized by Police Department Pickup..... Has also been noted some of these pilots have removed parts and cameras to try and fly the 3 miles secured area without being downed.. they think maybe one has made it.... Sure sounds like great skeet or trap course material for those that furnish $$$$ targets... Of course the Air Guns used are not typical and run about a grand each or more..... these guys are Silouette Shooters at distance / many use this .45 AirForce Texan Big Bore Air Rifle / 7174 ft/lbs @ 2824 fps with a 405 grain Pellet!

• Precharged pneumatic
    • Single-shot
    • Sidelever
    • 11mm dovetail
    • 34" barrel
    • 2-stage trigger (adj. for position only)
    • 2.06-lb. trigger-pull
    • Automatic safety
    • Textured grip
    • 490cc tank
    • Pressure-relief device
    • 3000 psi (200 bar) max fill pressure
    • Adjustable power
    • Extended optics rail
    • 7.65 lbs. (without scope & mount)
    • No baffles- is not silenced
    • 13.875" to 15" length of pull
    • Buttplate can be rotated right and left for some cast-on and cast-off adjustability
    • Made in USA
    • Loudness: 5+++ High (Super Loud)
    • Barrel: Rifled
    • Seat Belts not included!
    Sounds interesting. The post is a "bit" off on the actual performance of the air gun. It IS very powerful for an airgun but NO WHERE CLOSE to what was posted. With lights bullets it can get to velocities as high as 1000 feet per second. With the heavier projectiles it can deliver up to 500 ft lbs of energy but the velocity is now way under 1000 ft/sec. It is an amazing rifle though. Watch some of the videos. It's amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Solidbob
    replied
    Originally posted by jmohme View Post
    It seems that the drone thing has gotten way out of hand.
    I have one, but have never even considered using it to intrude on other privacy.

I say, go ahead and knock them out of the sky, but do it over private property, gather up the debris, and see if the owners come knocking at the door to get their junk back.

Exactly what they are doing, except they turn the dead duck over to the police.... it just not here.... they want what's left they pay..... from what I've seen this .45 Caliber slaming into one of these plastic drones doesn't leave a lot, and if they direct hit the GoPro its done!!!

So where does this stop, very likely when the bombers testing out these suicide drones start to get it right, no technical requirement just drive it to the proposed target....

Leave a comment:

• workhorse
    replied
    That is one cool BB gun ! Could use a larger air tank for the big pills.

Leave a comment:

• jmohme
    replied
    It seems that the drone thing has gotten way out of hand.
    I have one, but have never even considered using it to intrude on other privacy.

I say, go ahead and knock them out of the sky, but do it over private property, gather up the debris, and see if the owners come knocking at the door to get their junk back.

Leave a comment:

• TravelinLite
    replied
    Good for them.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Working...
X