X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members

Chris how many members does the board have now>>
    Jack & Jolene on a GL1800/Champion Trike out of Silver Springs, FL.

We had more than 230 new members register within the first 24 hours.

I have not checked the count this morning.
    Last edited by Cruiseman; 08-02-2014, 09:12 AM.

Protector of the realm.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Sure it will continue to grow due to the general attitude overtaking the "other " forum

That's a amazing number for 24 hours !!!
        T.A. Jens
        The Pizza Man
        1800 06 White Champion Trike
        2005 Bunkhouse Camper
        2006 Breeze Cargo Trailer
        GWRRA Life Member

Originally posted by kniterider View Post
          Sure it will continue to grow due to the general attitude overtaking the "other " forum
          I certainly hope so. There are a lot of great people on the other forum. Its a shame that a few bad actors can mess it up for the rest of the group.
          GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
          Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

• meshego1
            meshego1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. Blame can be placed all around for people leaving the other board. Including the forum moderators!!

Wow 230 in the first 24 hours...I bet this will be a great forum

John
          John - Richmond 2013 GL1800, Level 3

heres' hoping it will
            Jack & Jolene on a GL1800/Champion Trike out of Silver Springs, FL.

We are up over 350 now. Spread the word!
              GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
              Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

A forum is ONLY as good as its contributing MEMBERS, not contributing sponsors....
                2006 Titanium Level 3 'Wing with a few 'farkles. From Mesa, Az.
                My avatar is me from a recent summer ride in the Phoenix Az area:"Its a dry heat"

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
                  We are up over 350 now. Spread the word!

CONGRATULATIONS Sir

I have quietly spread the word.. via PMs over there since I am NOT officially allowed in Bartmans sandbox..

I sent a few PMs over there and the mods went into my account and changed the name I put in the message to their name. WTF is with that?
                    Dave - High up in Arizona - Black Metallic 2019 DCT

That is why this site is growing. Keep spreading the word.

That's because jiffy and bartman are monitoring here and watching the screen names over there for contraband ie go for the new site. BUT neither know my current name I am using for the insurrection

I appreciate the fact that you folks are "spreading the word", but there is no need for you to risk being banned from another forum. I don't want to suggest to anyone that they break the rules on any other forum. There are lots of ways to let others know what's going on here. If you are on Facebook or Twitter, use those venues. If you have personal email accounts, that's good too.

Don't ever assume that PMs are truly "P".

Protector of the realm.

Originally posted by 530ktm View Post
                            I sent a few PMs over there and the mods went into my account and changed the name I put in the message to their name. WTF is with that?
                            To be fair, I don't think they "went in and changed the name". I think (almost positive) they are using the censor feature of VBulletin, or possibly the autospell, to change it automatically. As soon as you post the URL pointing to this site, it will change to theirs.

In my opinion, this is dishonest, and represents a pretty sad state of desperation on their part.
                            2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper

Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

Originally posted by TheGLForum View Post
                              ...Don't ever assume that PMs are truly "P".
                              Exactly. Anyone that makes that claim about any system is being less than honest. I've been in the IT industry for years (coming up on 30 years), and I can assure you that any system where the data is stored under someone else's control can be accessed by those that control the data.

I once had an employer that needed to access an employees email without their knowledge (yes, I know it sounds like a despicable thing to do, but it was their system, and they had every right to do so). The email system they were using was one of the most secure in the industry. It was virtually impossible to access the email or password, as both were encrypted using a very effective encryption system. An admin could change a user's password and access the email; but the user would then know that their data was compromised. So, how could this possibly be done?

Simple - I backed up the existing data to another system, changed the password, and they had access to the email.

I say all that to say this, if you are being told "it can't be done", you are not being told the truth. It may not be a lie - they may believe that to be true (I doubt it, but it's possible).

Here's the bottom line - the owners of a system own the data on the system. If you move forward with that in mind, you'll be doing yourself a favor.

Originally posted by kniterider View Post

CONGRATULATIONS Sir

I have quietly spread the word.. via PMs over there since I am NOT officially allowed in Bartmans sandbox..
                                Beware that when you send PM's from the 'other board', the URL in the PM will change to the 'other board's' URL. I got a PM from a member of this board telling me to check out this forum, but the url had been changed to the other board URL. I double checked this by sending a PM, and checking my sent messages. I think when they are changing the content of your PM's that is crossing the line, even if it is to prevent you from jumping ship. I always thought PM stood for 'private'. If they're checking and changing the content, that's no longer private. JMHO
                                Costa Mesa, CA
                                2012 RED GL1800

Originally posted by glarson3 View Post

Beware that when you send PM's from the 'other board', the URL in the PM will change to the 'other board's' URL. I got a PM from a member of this board telling me to check out this forum, but the url had been changed to the other board URL. I double checked this by sending a PM, and checking my sent messages. I think when they are changing the content of your PM's that is crossing the line, even if it is to prevent you from jumping ship. I always thought PM stood for 'private'. If they're checking and changing the content, that's no longer private. JMHO
                                  Look who is here, welcome to the forum. Glad to see you were able to confirm the PM intrusion.

There are tools you can use to shorten URLs, which will hide name of the URL (I'm not going to mention them by name, since the mods there are undoubtedly here, and that will just give them some more names to smudge up). I think you can also still send emails to other users (I'm not sure about that one). If all else fails, you can always get creative like Joe T. did and say something like:

THE news is out! Gee, I would really Like a good ethical FORUM we can COMe to.

Originally posted by hparsons View Post
                                      There are tools you can use to shorten URLs, which will hide name of the URL (I'm not going to mention them by name, since the mods there are undoubtedly here, and that will just give them some more names to smudge up). I think you can also still send emails to other users (I'm not sure about that one). If all else fails, you can always get creative like Joe T. did and say something like:

THE news is out! Gee, I would really Like a good ethical FORUM we can COMe to.
                                      That is very creative.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page