Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About time for a gun thread, let me be the first

Seems Illinois has some good statistics since adopting concealed carry laws.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...rol-advocates/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ken
    ..........Central California.........'03 1800 Durango red, the fastest color

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it".......Mark Twain

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity."........ Abraham Lincoln

$600 WOW $25 in Texas, guess they're trying to make a few $ on this.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Two things that influence society that will survive until the end of time are racism and guns. It is only logical to tax guns and all connected with them. It takes money to keep this great nation moving forward.

Originally posted by zippytoall View Post

600 bucks might be on the cheap side once the fools in Washington DC start complying with this Federal Court ruling.....

http://concealednation.org/2014/07/b...nd-open-carry/

Originally posted by zippytoall View Post
          Tennessee's initial fee is $115.00 with renewal every 4 years at $50.00

Florida is $112.00 if you are a vet with DD214 and if not a vet it plus the cost of the gun course which varies.
            Jack & Jolene on a GL1800/Champion Trike out of Silver Springs, FL.

Actually, Texas is $140 for the standard fee, but there are several discounts that can be had (for instance, vets get it for $25).

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/RSD/CH...eeSchedule.pdf
              2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper

Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

I guess only the people with extra income will be able to legally carry guns in Illinois and the poor people will be carrying illegally....At least the people who have valuable possessions will be able to afford to protect themselves...

I think any charge over a reasonable admin fee to run the program is anti-2nd admnt. In fact, any law that infringes on the carry of arms is an infringement....That includes firearms, swords, knives, bow & arrow....The 2nd admnt does not just mean guns...
                2006 Titanium Level 3 'Wing with a few 'farkles. From Mesa, Az.
                My avatar is me from a recent summer ride in the Phoenix Az area:"Its a dry heat"

Originally posted by azsandrider View Post
                  I guess only the people with extra income will be able to legally carry guns in Illinois and the poor people will be carrying illegally....At least the people who have valuable possessions will be able to afford to protect themselves... I think any charge over a reasonable admin fee to run the program is anti-2nd admnt. In fact, any law that infringes on the carry of arms is an infringement....That includes firearms, swords, knives, bow & arrow....The 2nd admnt does not just mean guns...
                  I agree! The 2nd amendment gives all citizens the RIGHT to bear arms. Rights are not to be infringed by government at any level.

Yesterday afternoon, Sig .380 pop gun at 15 yards, 15 rounds, time to put in new ammo, clean the weapon, so practiced a bit. Looks like my heartbeat is causing a flyer or two, I would still advise thugs to not hold anyone hostage and peep around............Lol!

I got my permit out of a crackerjack box, long ago. Today it costs me 50 bucks for four or five years, I generally forget to renew it and run about illegal for a time until it is renewed. I did that last time, forgot all about it.

I have not yet figured this out but Indiana has a life time concealed carry permit for $160.00 Used to have to renew every 4 years at $25.00. In my case they made money but the younger shooter would make renewing profitable for the state.

I lived the first 35 yeas of my life in Illinois, and the state has always made it as difficult as possible to own any gun, so the $600 fee does not surprise me in the slightest.
                        And I hate to be skeptical, but I would almost bet money that the state of Illinois has their concealed carry laws structures more as a means of tracking the armed citizen than to extend the rights of gun owners to defend themselves and their families.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                        Working...
                        X