X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack
    replied
    I agree that Texas should get it's gold back in Texas. However, Texas' real wealth rests not in it's gold, but rather it's industrious people and land. A person would have a difficult time trying to use gold to buy anything in the vast majority of our country's stores. Our Constitution gave our Congress the authority to coin and regulate the value of our money. Sadly, Congress abdicated that power years ago, hence our fiat money system that robs the average person of his labor and wealth. The present Congress has abdicated its authority over federal government spending, and just recently, oversight over treaties.

Leave a comment:

• Z-Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack View Post
    I could never understand the fascination with gold or diamonds. Beyond their unique physical qualities that are important in industry, you can't eat them or use them like tools to fix your motorcycle. When the financial house of cards does come tumbling down and starvation is rampant, would you trade your last loaf of bread for a gold bar or an inedible carat of shiny rock?
    I agree, barter systems are good to a point, however, gold has been the basis of financial exchange for thousands of years. Like the article states, it's always their, not able to be manipulated in volume-- like our current fiat currency system.

Leave a comment:

• Jack
    replied
    I could never understand the fascination with gold or diamonds. Beyond their unique physical qualities that are important in industry, you can't eat them or use them like tools to fix your motorcycle. When the financial house of cards does come tumbling down and starvation is rampant, would you trade your last loaf of bread for a gold bar or an inedible carat of shiny rock?

Leave a comment:

• Z-Man
    started a topic Texas wants its gold back

Texas wants its gold back

inside the state's borders

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...07-04-10-30-36

Good on Texas. I wouldn't trust these Yankee rat bastard banksters either.

I hope they can pull it off.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page