Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy A Hardley-Ableson - They're Made In America

Well, sort of but not by Americans.

It's not just HD. It's US manufacturing, technology, healthcare, etc.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...uq200on8200dth
    Harvey Barlow
    Crosby County, TX
    2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
    2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

In 1987 I was hired by an Internet start-up at $80,000 plus all benefits and stock options. The going rate for the same job today is about $40,000. Why? All the Indians moved here, flooded the market with IT "professionals" and drive wages into the dirt. This same phenomenon has happened in nearly every industry in the USA.

Liberals like to blame American corporations for low wages, but it is THEIR immigration and trade policies (or lack thereof) that have destroyed the middle class. Republicans are no better.

A sixth-grader can figure out that the more you have of something, the lower the cost. The LAST thing you need when the economy is in the tank is more people. If you want higher wages, start deporting the 30-50 million illegals here.

I know I have harped on this before, but the politicians (e.g. liars, theives, criminals, traitors) like to continue to use the magic "11 million" number for illegals. Am I the only one that remembers them using the 11 million number in 2006? Does that mean NO more illegals have come here since 2006? The number is more like 50 million, and THEY know it.

I will repeat my logic on this. If there were only 11 million, that would be roughly 3% of the population. I doubt that the Dems and Republicans would be jumping all over themselves to appeal ti 3% of the population. Also, Walmart and every other company, would not be putting all of their signs in Spanish for 3% of the market.

As with everything out deceptive government does, they will not reveal the true number until they grant the amnesty, then they will claim "an unexpected increase" in the number of illegals, like they are surprised.

This country was founded by the BEST and the BRIGHTEST from other countries. But now, we are overrun with the downtrodden, uneducated and unskilled from the rest of the world.
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I agree with everything you wrote above but there is another side to the issues of the American labor force.

My wife works in the IT field of a university. As most universities do they supplement regular salaried staff with part time grad students. My wife has selected, hired, trained, and supervised many IT grad students in her office over the years. She counsels them in their work performance and helps them move into corporate America when they graduate . They are all Indian. Asian, and Pakistanis. They are the student body in engineering, computer programming, IT, and other fields.

American students generally lack the academic foundation, motivation, and work and study habits to apply to or complete the courses in the challenging academic disciplines. I assume there are lots of the best and brightest young American students graduating from the top tier universities with high tech degrees but there are probably insufficient numbers to meet all of the needs of business and industry and those grads probably demand and receive much higher salaries.

Labor costs have to be taken into consideration. Patriotism is a great ideal but if you're in business making a profit has to be a higher priority.

Manufacturing companies like HD which I opened this thread with employ mostly blue collar labor. Young Americans in the 20 - 30 age segment can't perform simply arithmetic calculations in their heads, can't read and comprehend or write technical material, have poor verbal communication skills and work habits, can't dress or groom themselves properly, and often can't pass a drug test. Many of the young Americans are well educated and trained in labor union goonism in big union states like Wisconsin. That presents a huge challenge for employers wanting to turn out quality products at a profit. Labor unions are the enemy of American manufacturing.

I can't recall all the small business owners and managers who have commented about their challenges in hiring and keeping blue collar workers in recent years. Their collective opinion is the quality of the work force is so poor they wonder how much longer they can hang on and if it is worth it.

Out here in west Texas the work force is mexican. Period. Everywhere I go the employees have an "ez" on the end of their names. Yes, I agree with your 50 million estimate. I see them.

We American Goldwingers are typically between 45 and 80 years of age. We have lived and pursued our careers during the best period of American history. We have enjoyed wonderful freedoms, excellent salaries and wages, travel, big comfortable homes, luxury toys (Goldwing), and an outstanding quality of life. I think we have lived through the best times. We and following generations expect(ed) too much, became complacent, and did a poor job of raising our children who are doing a poor job of raising theirs.

I hate to say it but I think the good times are coming to their end.

Harvey Barlow
      Crosby County, TX
      2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
      2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

We and following generations expect(ed) too much, became complacent, and did a poor job of raising our children who are doing a poor job of raising theirs.

I hate to say it but I think the good times are coming to their end.

This summed it up pretty well.... and this government and their help is only going to send us further down the rabbit hole...... to many freeby lovers here and waiting at the gate people to slow it down... we go to the Rio Grande Valley for about 5 months in the fall and conditions down there continue to improve if your a Mexican, not if your a Texan or winter Texan...
        Attached Files
        Retired, Lifetime NRA, IBA #5831, AMA Lifer, HOG Lifer, Gypsy Tour Rider

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

It is common to assign blame if things are not as you would like.

Some populations like to assign blame to Allah - the tomatoes are mush? It's the will of Allah.

Some populations like to blame God - a gay man in Africa? God has damed you so you must be beaten.

Americans, more so than any other population, like to blame government. Or, to be more specific, the people in government. And it does not matter which party:
          Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
          . . . Liberals like to blame American corporations for low wages, but it is THEIR immigration and trade policies (or lack thereof) that have destroyed the middle class. Republicans are no better. . . .
          However I think that this blame is a bit mis-placed.

American politicians do the will of the people. From my side of the fence it would appear that the more money people have then the more the government is willing.

Although Cruiseman has a point about the American immigration situation and Harvey Barlow makes a point about today's youth, both these large groups do not have the same influence on government as the largest source of campaign funding. In other words Wall Street has 1/10,000 of the population Main street but has the reverse ration when comparing influence on the Hill.

If one were to look at American immigration it would not surprise me to find that the biggest donators to the groups and societies that support immigration are business and corporations.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
          widgetinstance 272 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X