X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europe to accuse Google of illegally abusing its dominance

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/643f49ec-e...#axzz3XKVrEYoO

Good. The euroweenie's finally did something right.

IMHO, If you use Google or any of their products or services, you should get your head examined.

Google screwed me out of $850 they owed me on their AdSense program. I was earning between $600 and $900 per month by having their banner ads on our cruise website (not this website). Then, one day I get an email saying my account has been suspended for "potentially fraudulent activity", meaning, they were accusing me of clicking on my own banner ads to drive up my per click revenues.

In the email, they asked me to provide evidence of any measures I had taken to prevent someone from clicking ads multiple times from the same IP address. My response? "If you are Google and YOU can't prevent this on your end, how the Hell am I supposed to prevent it on MY end?"

And, there is NO legitimate appeal process and NO exceptions. And, the penalty? Forfeiture of any funds owed by Google at the time they decide you have suspicious activity. In my case, they owned my more than $800 for ad revenue that they cheated me out of.

So, if you have someone you don't like that has Google ads on their website, just start clicking away on their ads and they will eventually be shut down.

In my opinion, they are unethical and way too powerful.
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Geez, really?

When you posted the link I did some looking around on your cruise site. And after the discussion about how much the ads generate I made a point to help you out by clicking on one every visit.

Sorry to be a part of it, but it looks like some of your 'friends' got you in trouble with Google.

Hope it gets resolved quickly.

On a related note a good friend in Washington is having an on-going dispute with Amazon. Again a little guy has to fight the big guy, and it is not a fair fight. Did you know that Amazon has no phones? They do EVERYTHING by email and want you to respond in hours but take days themselves.

• Solidbob
        Solidbob commented
        Editing a comment
        1 (888) 280-3321
        Amazon.com, Inc., Customer service

There are also Merchant phone numbers that you can access with your acct. Password..... maybe not Email.... your friend must also be lost!

• HBarlow
        HBarlow commented
        Editing a comment
        Bob,

Yellow River John is embarrassed once again.

I don't use Google AdSense anymore, I have my own private banner system now. I have complete control and I make more money to boot.

Speaking of "no phones" at Amazon, I remember years ago when I was negotiating with Wells Fargo about merchant CC service that had all these extreme rules on Internet merchant accounts. We had to have our mailing address clearly visible on our home page as well as a phone numbers. When their rep was in our office one day, before we finalized the deal, I went to the Wells Fargo website and asked him to find an address and phone number ANYWHERE, much less the home page. He could not. We went with another CC processor.
      GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
      Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page