Middle Eastern Owned C-Stores

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle Eastern Owned C-Stores

For several years now I have decided not to purchase any items (Gas etc..) from any C-Stores I feel are owned by Middle Eastern people. Times are changing. I feel the majority of these people do not care for Americans as a whole. I may be wrong however I would rather error on the side of caution. I addition I only buy from retailers that sell US oil. This can be found via Internet. I live in a small town with every independent C-Store owned by Middle Eastern people. Each one only hires within their race of which do not live locally. I know from pervious business experience Middle Eastern people do not hire Americans due to the fact they do not trust Americans. I know some on this board will agree and some will not agree. next time you visit one of these C-Stores ask yourself if you should trade with someone that actually likes you for being American not just spending money the their Middle Eastern Owned C-Store.
    Last edited by GLKeith; 01-10-2015, 06:41 PM.

How about the African communist in the White House? I trust him less than I do convenience store owners.
    Harvey Barlow
    Crosby County, TX
    2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
    2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Are you sure they are Middle Eastern and not Indian (from India?)....

If they are here working at their business then they are following tenants of Americanism and should not be shunned...
      2006 Titanium Level 3 'Wing with a few 'farkles. From Mesa, Az.
      My avatar is me from a recent summer ride in the Phoenix Az area:"Its a dry heat"

Goldwing Werks, you are making a stand on a slippery slope, given that you too own and operate a business. You have the right to make the choices you want to make, that is part and parcel the benefit of living in this country. But when you openly discriminate against another nationality of people, as a whole, you are showing traits that others....possibly potential customers of your own business...may find offensive. That is your right...to take that risk.

I "get" what you are saying, yet at the same time, I find that kind of intolerance to be detrimental to ones' own business interests when posted on an open forum.

If a potential or current customer has a problem with my "Intolerance" toward people that I believe dislike/distrust Americans they have the right to choose another vendor. That is what makes America great. I bet I will have more members that agree than disagree. I gladly take the risk to stand up for this!
          Last edited by GLKeith; 01-11-2015, 09:21 AM.

I judge people for their character, not for their country of origin or the color of their skin. You have told a lot about your character. I wouldn't do business with you.
            2005 Black Cherry GL1800A

Nether will I. Your fear of a group of people is without foundation. It only leads to hate and then bigotry. You have openly expressed your bigotry on several forums.

So Far in America - You are Free to Shop where you like - If that works for you -That's Okay with me
                Whoever said money can’t buy happiness, never paid for a divorce

IBA # 40576

I do not "fear" anyone. I just choose not to do business with this particular group. Just as you have chosen not do business with me. No difference. IMHO!

Originally posted by Goldwing Werks View Post
                    For several years now I have decided not to purchase any items (Gas etc..) from any C-Stores I feel are owned by Middle Eastern people. Times are changing. I feel the majority of these people do not care for Americans as a whole. I may be wrong however I would rather error on the side of caution. I addition I only buy from retailers that sell US oil. This can be found via Internet. I live in a small town with every independent C-Store owned by Middle Eastern people. Each one only hires within their race of which do not live locally. I know from pervious business experience Middle Eastern people do not hire Americans due to the fact they do not trust Americans. I know some on this board will agree and some will not agree. next time you visit one of these C-Stores ask yourself if you should trade with someone that actually likes you for being American not just spending money the their Middle Eastern Owned C-Store.
                    Do they only hire within their race or are they hiring within their family?
                    I know of a few convenience stores that are staffed with their family, just as many other family owned business do.
                    The corner store just down the street from me is one of these and everyone there always greets me when I walk in and have never done anything to lead me to believe that they hate americans. Maybe it is just an act, but I don't thinks so.
                    I do know of other such stores that may fit your stereotype, but stereotypes can be a dangerous thing and I really try to avoid them.

On another note, there was a small C store a few miles away that was bought out by a middle easter family, and they did hire outside of their race.
                    One of the girls was a self proclaimed redneck and had a tendency to, well, express herself.
                    So the next time I saw her, she was working at a different store, so I asked what happened. She told me "Those rag heads said I had a bad attitude!". I guess she expressed herself one time too many. :-)

Originally posted by jmohme View Post

Do they only hire within their race or are they hiring within their family?
                      I know of a few convenience stores that are staffed with their family, just as many other family owned business do.
                      The corner store just down the street from me is one of these and everyone there always greets me when I walk in and have never done anything to lead me to believe that they hate americans. Maybe it is just an act, but I don't thinks so.
                      I do know of other such stores that may fit your stereotype, but stereotypes can be a dangerous thing and I really try to avoid them.

On another note, there was a small C store a few miles away that was bought out by a middle easter family, and they did hire outside of their race.
                      One of the girls was a self proclaimed redneck and had a tendency to, well, express herself.
                      So the next time I saw her, she was working at a different store, so I asked what happened. She told me "Those rag heads said I had a bad attitude!". I guess she expressed herself one time too many. :-)
                      Exactly!

I just got home from eating a late breakfast/brunch with my wife at a nice little cafe near us that is family owned and operated. Only family, mom, pop, kids and cousins work there. They don't hire "outside" people either.

If the store were dirty or the staff rude, I would not do business there regardless of ethnicity. If I perceive I am not appreciated as a customer, I will move on, plenty of other places out there.
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Ken
                        ..........Central California.........'03 1800 Durango red, the fastest color

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it".......Mark Twain

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity."........ Abraham Lincoln

I shop ethnically. If I don't like your culture, you won't receive a dime from me.

I'm not doing business with you either.

With who? Just want to confirm it is Goldwing Werks.

• micky
                                micky commented
                                Editing a comment
                                don't know who he is referring to, I'm feferring to Z Man, as least I am now

Local gas station franchise here is slowly being bought up by immigrants and then they cull the employees and hire their own. I just won't shop there anymore.
                              2013 Black F6B

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              widgetinstance 272 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X