Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 10

Wow! Ohio State beats Alabama (finally). What an exciting game it was. All of those players played hard and represented their schools and fans well. Great college football game.

Wisconsin beats Auburn.

Michigan State beats Baylor.

All you naysayers and SEC homers were right, it is a down year for the Big 10.

Was anyone really surprised when Oregan really put it to FSU?
    Last edited by Buckwing; 01-02-2015, 12:20 AM. Reason: typo

I really thought that Michigan State was going to lose. They were 20 points down at one time. I knew they were better than that! That was also an exciting game. Good day for the Big 10. Oh yeah, the Ohio State game was something else. Even though Alabama was ahead at one point, Ohio State was rolling up the yards and was clearly the best team. I was waiting for OSU to choke as they often seemed to do when Tressel was head coach. Not to worry, though. Now its the Bucks vs. Ducks! Go Buckeyes!!!
    2007 Crucible Orange Metallic
    2009 Kawasaki Red Concours 14
    AMA Life Member 0672853
    IBA Member 8846 Premier
    NRA Life Member

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Did you just say, "Go Buckeyes" ? We can't have that !

Go Ducks...the Oregon Mighty Ducks !

I had a very good feeling that Oregon would beat those...Seminoles from Florida State. Personally, I am NOT a fan of Jameis Winston. But to see the Oregon Ducks SMOKE the Seminoles 59 to 20....WOW, that was a blow-out, and young Mr. Winston did not take it very well. I was so happy with that blow-out.

And, I was equally happy that Ohio State beat Mr. Saban and his Crimson Tide boys. Take that...you 'bama boys.

The Championship game between Oregon and Ohio State will be a very good one. May the best (Ducks) win

Mr. MMR, what can I say? I really feel the need to help you. You have, oh so very obviously, set yourself up for a huge disappointment. Unfortunately, I think you may be helplessly destined for a dismal and long cold, wet winter after your embarrassing upcoming dissapoinment in Dallas. I really wish I could help you. Alas, I must try.

Oregon really was impressive in their absolute thrashing of FSU. Mariota really showed Heisman Trophy talent. Overall, I gotta give credit to an impressive football team. And honestly, I wouldnt punish your players for their obvious public service announcement chanting NO, MEANS NO to Jameis Winston; I would laud them as good upstanding young men. And the Oregon defense, wow! All those third quarter turnovers didn't happen by themselves. That was a very impressive display of determination, discipline and talent.

This upcoming DUCK VS. BUCK contest will be fun and historic. Oh, speaking of history. I think this will be the eighth contest of the two. Oregon has yet to best the Bucks! The next ten days will be fun to watch as both teams prepare for an epic challenge. I'm really excited to see big time college football, in its first ever playoff iteration, return to good old PAC 12 vs. BIG 10.

Legendary, I tell you, truly legendary. Generations will talk about this game! May the best team (oh so obviously THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY BUCKEYES) win.
        Last edited by Buckwing; 01-02-2015, 04:53 PM. Reason: correct PAC 10 to PAC 12

I was glad to see Oregon win, they played a great game. It took until 1 am to see Ohio State win. Being a Buckeye fan I was happy with the results. I can't believe how far Ohio State has gone with a 3 rd string quarter back starting his 2nd game. Go Buckeyes. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

IBA #57814
          SaddleSore 1075 Miles in 24 hours (certified)
          BunBurner 1632 Miles in 36 hours (certified)
          Prowler #81
          Double Darksider # 792
          Alaska 2012 / 2014

Originally posted by Buckwing View Post
            Mr. MMR, what can I say? I really feel the need to help you. You have, oh so very obviously, set yourself up for a huge disappointment. Unfortunately, I think you may be helplessly destined for a dismal and long cold, wet winter after your embarrassing upcoming dissapoinment in Dallas. I really wish I could help you. Alas, I must try.

I'm really excited to see big time college football, in its first ever playoff iteration, return to good old PAC 10 vs. BIG 10.
            I am (for the most part) on the same page with you. One major correction, however.

And....it is now the PAC12......and has been for a few years now. We are not just a little 10 pack...we are a full sized 12 pack now....a "case" to be reckoned with.

Okay, I get it. You've already formulated a plan to soothe your college football impending disappointment. I commend your cleverness. But, we're talking college football here and I, nor any other realistic Ohio fan, in no way could ever hope to assuage a national championship loss with a Bengals victory. So, I gotta insist we keep this discussion to NCAA football.

My bad, you're correct, it is the Big 12. Maybe I am, as my wife sometime claims, living in the past. Good catch on your part, I'll go back and correct my post.

For now, I'm sure we're both looking forward to a great football contest.

On a more serious note, how's the surgery recovery going? Wish you the best; I'm sure you're anxious beyond reason to get back on your bike.

Oh no...you didn't......did you?

Please re-read your posts above, and make the corrections needed. You agreed that the PAC is now the PAC 12...but you called it the BIG12. A quote from you, "My bad, you're correct, it is the Big 12." We are the PAC 12....you are the BIG 10.

Now, to correct an error on MY part. I thought when you brought up...Dallas...you were referring to the Dallas Cowboys. I now understand that you meant...Dallas...as in the location where the National College Football Championship will be played. My error....but I think you can understand how I jumped to that error, given you just used the word...Dallas...and not....Dallas, Texas where the College Football National Championship will be decided, and where the Oregon Ducks will be crowned....the new College Football National Champions.

If you had said it that way, I would have understood the "code" use of the word...Dallas.

Say it with me.....Dallas, Texas where the College Football National Championship will be decided, and where the Oregon Ducks will be crowned....the new College Football National Champions.

Those are Ducks fans.....cheering.

Okay, let me start this post with another serving of humble pie. I really know the conferences are the PAC 12 and Big 10; I just can't seem to get the words on this screen to agree with my brain. My apologies, again.

I tried, really tried to follow your words about Dallas, TX. But, I cannot fathom how the Oregon Ducks will leave Arlington, TX with a champion's trophy without scoring more points than The Ohio State University Buckeyes.

Okay, all kidding aside, I gotta tell you I'm concerned with the pace of the Duck's offense. It's impressive to watch the pace of the Oregon offense. It indicates great coaching and football IQ. Hopefully the OSU defense can get some pressure on Mariota. Otherwise, it could be a long night for Buckeye fans.

Everyone talks about the success OSU is having with a third string QB. Urban Meyer has been telling everyone the secret - "A QB's success is the product of the quality of those around him." OSU's success comes in two words - Ezekial Elliot. He has accumulated over 500 yards rushing in the last two games. But, go ahead, load up the box with eight to stop the Buck's running attack. That would be interesting to watch.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page