Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvaging Christmas

Earlier this year, my Father in law was diagnosed with Leukemia. He has spent the last couple of months in and out of the hospital and my wife has been by his side through most of it.

I am heading out the door in just about 5 minutes to go to Houston and bail him out of MD Anderson cancer center and bring him to our house for Christmas and to live with us after that.
    He will still have to spend at least one week a month at the hospital for his aggressive chemo, and regular blood transfusions, but at least he will be among family for the most part.

The situation could be better, but at least he won't be spending the holidays in a hospital bed.

Merry Christmas to all and be grateful for your family and friends.

God bless you

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Jerry, I hope you and your wife have a blessed Christmas in spite of the trying times. Also wishing you and yours a happy and prosperous new year.

Wishing you and your family all the very best and a Merry Christmas.
        __________________________________________________ __________

Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
        Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

Sounds like you're doing the right thing by him, I hope my family has the same attitude if I'm ever there.
          2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper

Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

All the best to you and your family.
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Ken
            ..........Central California.........'03 1800 Durango red, the fastest color

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it".......Mark Twain

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity."........ Abraham Lincoln

If it is any consolation MD Anderson is one of the top cancer centers in the country, especially for blood and bone marrow cancers. He couldnt be getting much better care. Best wishes to you and your family.

The death of family, friends and loved ones is always very tough.
                You and your family have an opportunity to enjoy each others company,
                remember times past both good and bad and say your own farewell's in your own way.
                Kia Kaha. Stay Strong..
                GL1800 8A - TRIUMPH SCRAMBLER 900

Thanks everyone, for all for the kind and supportive words.
                  We got Wayne home on Christmas eve and had a nice quiet Christmas day with the family.

Originally posted by bandito View Post
                  If it is any consolation MD Anderson is one of the top cancer centers in the country, especially for blood and bone marrow cancers. He couldnt be getting much better care. Best wishes to you and your family.
                  Agreed! MD Anderson is top notch and the people are too. Very compassionate and caring. I can't say enough good about the hospital or its staff!

Infections infections infections..... Take'em seriously. I lost a brother Aug of 2013 to leukemia. He eventually succumbed to infections. I never thought his hospital took them serious enough from his first bought with MRSA.

Praying for your Father in Law and the entire family. It takes a toll on everyone.
                    2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
                    USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
                    US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
                    2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
                    2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

Originally posted by jmohme View Post
                      Earlier this year, my Father in law was diagnosed with Leukemia. He has spent the last couple of months in and out of the hospital and my wife has been by his side through most of it.

I am heading out the door in just about 5 minutes to go to Houston and bail him out of MD Anderson cancer center and bring him to our house for Christmas and to live with us after that.
                      He will still have to spend at least one week a month at the hospital for his aggressive chemo, and regular blood transfusions, but at least he will be among family for the most part.

The situation could be better, but at least he won't be spending the holidays in a hospital bed.

Merry Christmas to all and be grateful for your family and friends.
                      Originally posted by jmohme View Post
                      Thanks everyone, for all for the kind and supportive words.
                      We got Wayne home on Christmas eve and had a nice quiet Christmas day with the family.

Agreed! MD Anderson is top notch and the people are too. Very compassionate and caring. I can't say enough good about the hospital or its staff!
                      Prayers sent to your father-in-law and the rest of your family to get through these trying times.
                      "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page