Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought Experiment

"If 100 of the leading Christian apologists were born and raised in a Muslim country, what percent, do you believe, would have risked death to convert to Christianity?
    While a majority would simply assert that they "would have known" that Jesus Christ was the only way, that is just wishful thinking on their part.
    The majority of them would be devout Muslims and praising Allah five times a day"

I.M. Probulos

The majority of them would be devout Muslims and praising Allah five times a day

Based on....??? (wishful thinking, I suspect)
    2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper

Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I wonder why . . . it's not sufficient for leftists to simply choose another religion like, for them, liberalism, or simply choose not to believe in or practice a religion. Leftists have to criticize and try to prevent other Americans, many of them Americans who have served their country in the armed forces, from practicing their religion.

What is it about sicko leftists who are generally the most clueless of Americans who think they have a right to prohibit the free practice of religion by other Americans as guaranteed in the US Constitution?
      Harvey Barlow
      Crosby County, TX
      2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
      2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

Thought Experiment? Lack of thought would be a better title.

Originally posted by pearlblue1800 View Post
        "If 100 of the leading Christian apologists were born and raised in a Muslim country, what percent, do you believe, would have risked death to convert to Christianity?

If they are leading Christian apologists it would be obvious that all of them would have risked death to convert otherwise they would not be "leading Christian apologists". You do see the fallacy of the stated premise?

While a majority would simply assert that they "would have known" that Jesus Christ was the only way, that is just wishful thinking on their part.
        The majority of them would be devout Muslims and praising Allah five times a day"

While the implication of I. M. Probulos is that most people follow the belief system of their parents regardless of its validity that in no way negates the fact that a certain 100 people out of all Muslim born children did not in fact come to have known Jesus as Savior and did in fact risk death converting to Christianity, again, otherwise they would not be the leading 100 Christian apologists. As there is no way to prove or disprove such a statement it is illogical to state "The majority of these 100 people would be devout Muslims" but then most of what you will read that was written by I.M. Probulos will lack logic and reason but will be biased and illogical only to make a point.

A classic example is the one here used: Most people born Muslim will believe Islam as their religion while also implying that most Christians only believe Christianity is true because they grew up in Christian homes. While I will agree it's natural for parents to teach their children what they believe to be true, atheists and skeptics promote that children should be raised as "free thinkers" in an unbiased household and if that were true then most children would not grow up believing in Christianity.

In applying the same premise as the atheists a Christian should ask the skeptic who advocates such a thing if they teach their children that Christianity or Islam is an equally valid worldview up against their own atheism or do they in fact teach them, as they believe, that there is no God? Are we to believe that the atheist themselves are not biased and simply teaching their children what they believe to be true. By their own premise if a person is an atheist its only because they grew up in an atheist home.

So pearlblue, by your own admission and premise you are only an atheist, not because it's true, but because you in fact grew up in an atheist home. Just think if your parents had happened to be Christian, you'd be praising God from whom all blessings flow!

I.M. Probulos
        In parting, here is another 1.2 million reasons your premise of born in a Muslim country you'll be praising Allah five times a day is a myth: http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...enocide-asylum

Perhaps a better experiment would be for you to think for yourself using logic and reason rather than promote I.M. Probulos' talking points.

Blessings and Merry Christmas.....Wing_it

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page