Flash Gordon and those who followed in the cinema would be surprised to learn that it is now a reality.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Gordon and those who followed in the cinema would be surprised to learn that it is now a reality.

I wonder how much that cost?
    "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

When I was a contractor in New Mexico they had the Directed Energy Directorate where much of this technology comes from. I kind of had a little fear when I needed to go to the back side of the base by their facility thinking a laser would lock on me. Probably part of the fear comes from years earlier when I was a cop the B-52 tail gunners used to swing the quad 50s loose and it seemed like they were following us when we drove by so I guess that was the begging of my feeling like I was a target (I'm sure only a coincidence since the tail gunners on the G model sat up front but they would function check them when I was driving behind them).

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by biggersm View Post
      When I was a contractor in New Mexico they had the Directed Energy Directorate where much of this technology comes from. I kind of had a little fear when I needed to go to the back side of the base by their facility thinking a laser would lock on me. Probably part of the fear comes from years earlier when I was a cop the B-52 tail gunners used to swing the quad 50s loose and it seemed like they were following us when we drove by so I guess that was the begging of my feeling like I was a target (I'm sure only a coincidence since the tail gunners on the G model sat up front but they would function check them when I was driving behind them).
      Stop it. They did not. It was all in your mind.

But nice little toy we have now. Only a matter of time b4 it can be used from space to shoot down missiles launched from places like Iran, Russia, North Korea, and China, aka Star Wars. Reagan would have been happy.
      "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

Originally posted by Lone Ranger View Post

Stop it. They did not. It was all in your mind.

But nice little toy we have now. Only a matter of time b4 it can be used from space to shoot down missiles launched from places like Iran, Russia, North Korea, and China, aka Star Wars. Reagan would have been happy.
        Yes, but how long before the enemy gets the technology?
        GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
        Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post

Yes, but how long before the enemy gets the technology?
          Well, as soon as they can find a traitor working on the project.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page