Doctors won't be the only ones viewing your personal health information.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctors won't be the only ones viewing your personal health information.

So much for patient privacy!!! Why does NASA, Department of Defense, Federal Trade Commission, and the Office of Personnel Management need your personal health information? I wonder how much our doctors got paid to distribute our information as we sat there watching them input our office visit/comments onto the screen? "Got to read the Bill to find out what is in it"

(The Weekly Standard) - Along with the primary goal of expanding the availability of health insurance, the Affordable Care Act aims to make the use of Electronic Health Records (EHR) universal. This plan actually began with the 2009 stimulus (the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act), which included the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act.

Doctors and other health providers have been offered incentives to convert patient information and health histories to a compatible and transferable electronic format, and as of June 2014, 75 percent of eligible doctors and 92 percent of eligible hospitals had received payments under the program.
    This week, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced the release of the Federal Health IT

Strategic Plan 2015-2020, which details the efforts of some 35 departments and agencies of the federal government and their roles in the plan to “advance the collection, sharing, and use of electronic health information to improve health care, individual and community health, and research.”

The plan is illustrated with the following graphic:

Each step of the plan includes three-year and six-year goals, and the various goals, depending on their focus, require the involvement of department and agencies as disparate as the Department of Defense, the Federal Trade Commission, and NASA, in addition to the expected participation of entities such as HHS, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and the Indian Health Service.

The report includes a comprehensive list of all departments and agencies involved:

While Electronic Health Records (EHR) are the most visible example of the type of information the plan discusses, other technologies include “mobile and telehealth technology, cloud-based services, medical devices, and remote monitoring devices, assistive technologies, and sensors.”

The plan stresses the importance of government in developing these technologies given its roles to “provide direct care and health insurance, protect public health, fund health and human services for certain populations, invest in infrastructure, develop and implement policies and regulations, and advance groundbreaking research.”

Now that HHS has publicly released the Federal Health IT Strategic Plan, the agency is seeking the input from the public before implementation. The plan is subject to two-month period of public comment before finalization. The comment period runs through February 6, 2015.
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/feds-plan-35-agencies-help-collect-share-use-electronic-health-info_821037.html
    "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

Reason - OBAMA CARE--
    Whoever said money can’t buy happiness, never paid for a divorce

IBA # 40576

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

For a better taxing profile.

They need more money for under writing their voter pool.

Originally posted by Lone Ranger View Post

Now that HHS has publicly released the Federal Health IT Strategic Plan, the agency is seeking the input from the public before implementation. The plan is subject to two-month period of public comment before finalization. The comment period runs through February 6, 2015.
        http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/feds-plan-35-agencies-help-collect-share-use-electronic-health-info_821037.html
        Really?
        I would imagine that if you sent out an invitation to everyone at HHS that gave a crap what any of us think about their plan, you might be able to get a good game of solitaire going. But I kind of doubt it.

This is a mere continuance of the government wanting and being able to pass legislation in order to know more about it's citizens.
          Just as the NSA's monitoring of EVERY telephone call made within the U.S.A.
          Or the search and seizure powers granted to the various government agencies via the Patriot Act.

If anyone is of the belief that your daily life is not being monitored you are sadly mistaken.

For instance look at how many people use the internet, every one of your search's can be monitored.
          If you receive a pay cheque which is direct deposited to a financial institution. You then do the majority of your purchases either via debit, credit or any other non cash barter the government has the ability to know exactly when, where, for what amount you spent your monies. Subsequently they know that at the end of the month you should have a certain balance remaining in your bank account. Any discrepancies are subject to being seized, and you having to prove where you obtained any ''extra ordinary funds".

How often do you believe you are video taped throughout your daily routines ( obviously this does not include those who are not in daily contact retail outlets).
          Not only private surveillance, but look at every highway DOT camera. etc.

Many citizens live in denial, meaning they believe they are living in the land of the Free.

Free so long as you comply.

For some reason the OP does not list the departments and agencies. Hopefully the C&P will work this time.

The report includes a comprehensive list of all departments and agencies involved:
            "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

Thats why some doctors ask if there are forearms in your house, part of the Fed Healthcare screening.

People freely give more info then needed. I simply don't answer the questions not pertinent to my healthcare visit.
              2006 Titanium Level 3 'Wing with a few 'farkles. From Mesa, Az.
              My avatar is me from a recent summer ride in the Phoenix Az area:"Its a dry heat"

Originally posted by azsandrider View Post
                Thats why some doctors ask if there are forearms in your house, part of the Fed Healthcare screening.

People freely give more info then needed. I simply don't answer the questions not pertinent to my healthcare visit.
                , Don't tell them how many forearms or firearms for that matter, none of their damn business.
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Ken
                ..........Central California.........'03 1800 Durango red, the fastest color

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it".......Mark Twain

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity."........ Abraham Lincoln

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page