X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Bandit dot con

What a great name for that company.

I looked up on the site with a view to replace my horn with an OEM one.

I was dumfounded when I got to the checkout area and saw the price of the postage they wanted.

The thieving HUAS obviously do not really want to do business with international buyers.
    Only Noddy would fully complete the checkout section and complete the purchase.
    A few days ago I bought a lower cowl from a U.S. based company, the shipping charge was 1/3 of the postage they wanted for a itty bittly little horn.

GL1800 8A - TRIUMPH SCRAMBLER 900

Try Ebay, I bought a set of gl1800 horns for my wife's Honda Civic because I'm pretty sure the OEM was a leftover Honda 90 horn from the 60s. Several salvage companies sell their stuff on Ebay and at least you can see up front what shipping would be.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ken
    ..........Central California.........'03 1800 Durango red, the fastest color

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it".......Mark Twain

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity."........ Abraham Lincoln

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Also, when you buy a desperately needed item and pay the astronomical fee for overnight shipping, they don't tell you that the item is going to then be ordered from wherever the hell OEM parts really come from, at "their" chosen shipper's cheapest possible method, and the overnight shipment doesn't start until the part finally arrives at Bike Bandit and goes through their internal shipping and handling process. You can get most anything from them, but don't be in a hurry and don't pay to get it in a hurry.
      2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
      USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
      US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
      2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
      2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

The thieving *****s wanted ( insert drumroll here ) $90us ! for postage. .

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
          The thieving *****s wanted ( insert drumroll here ) $90us ! for postage. .
          Wow! That is unreal. Bend over.
          Richard
          Darksider #390
          Murgie's FAQ

There was a time when I had a friend from Norway ship things here to me. I'd cut the packaging down or bubble wrap some things. I'd send him a box of 10-15 items or more that he and his buds wanted here in the states.

I never charged him a nickel for my services.

We still keep in touch,but he has a FLA drop box friend now that his things are shipped too. they are put in a ship container with Bikes to Norway.
            Them guys love their chrome over there..lol

Kiwi, let's make this simple. You tell me what you want...any links to websites so that it is easier for me to find, and any exacting details about the item, and I will buy the item, and ship it to you. Once you receive it, you can send me some money.

If you want to do that, just PM me, and I will take care of things here.

All good suggestions and very helpful offers here. I went down to the local and bought a set of dual tone horns at our local that will fit right in the space available, for a wopping $42 kiwi.
                The tones are slightly different to oem but sound great.

If its ok with you I will note the offers for exporting bits when I need them in the future. But I will insist that I am able to provide a Koha for a few beers or lemonades.

Good to hear (pun intended) that you were able to find a set of horns locally. BTW, has anyone else noticed that the horns on the very late model Wings is much better than the earlier model 1800 Wings ? My '13 F6B has a great horn...compared to what was on my '03 & '04 & '06 Wings.

Kiwi, just let me know if you need anything else.

• orangecrate
                    orangecrate commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Generous offer!!!

• JGDJR
                    JGDJR commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have to second that That is really nice of you to offer to do that MMR

John

• JeffP
                    JeffP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's AWESOME.

I have purchased many items from Bike Bandit over the years and shipping rates were no different than any other vendor. The reason was I would get a ten percent AMA discount plus they have Bandit Bucks. Something has obviously changed, but it has been a while since I bought anything from them. I have found that Partzilla is a worthwhile place to check prices.
                  2007 Crucible Orange Metallic
                  2009 Kawasaki Red Concours 14
                  AMA Life Member 0672853
                  IBA Member 8846 Premier
                  NRA Life Member

• Kiwi
                    Kiwi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Don't forget the free shipping to the lower 48
                Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page