Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer Hunting

So how many of you are going deer hunting this year? Here in WI many refer to our gun deer season as "holy week", and deer hunting is a BIG part of our state's tradition. Myself, I'll be heading to the remote reaches of the Michigan UP to hunt. It just does not get any better than spending time with the guys at deer camp!

This weekend I'll make sure that my Browning X-Bolt 308 is still sighted in, then I'll enjoy getting all my gear checked, double checked, and packed for opening day on November 15th. When it comes to the deer hunting season, I'm just like a kid waiting for Christmas!
    Ron
    2002 GL1800A Darksider #1312
    Experience is the hardest teacher because she gives the test first,
    and the lesson afterward ~ Vernon Sanders Law

I hunt year round - They come into my yard and I shoot them and hack'em up Just like at the petting zoo

Whoever said money can’t buy happiness, never paid for a divorce

IBA # 40576

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by WB-Ron View Post
      So how many of you are going deer hunting this year? Here in WI many refer to our gun deer season as "holy week", and deer hunting is a BIG part of our state's tradition. Myself, I'll be heading to the remote reaches of the Michigan UP to hunt. It just does not get any better than spending time with the guys at deer camp!

This weekend I'll make sure that my Browning X-Bolt 308 is still sighted in, then I'll enjoy getting all my gear checked, double checked, and packed for opening day on November 15th. When it comes to the deer hunting season, I'm just like a kid waiting for Christmas!
      I think the level of observation of "season opening day" in Texas is inversely related to the size (or urbanization) of the city and surrounding area. When I lived in smaller towns, it was a big deal. When I lived in a town that had less than 1000 people, many of which leased their lands for hunting purposes, everything just about shut down save for activities that were directly related to hunting. In the DFW area though, I seldom hear anything about it except for friends and family that plan on heading to a lease.
      2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper

Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

I don't hunt but we live on 6 acers and so do all our neighbors. The issue we have is there are too many deers. I could get one any day of the week. the key is not to get one with my bike

Originally posted by WB-Ron View Post

May your sights be true and your smell be neutral!!! Wish you good hunting weather and hit it right with that cannon your using!! Lol! Haaaaa!
          """""""Darksider #10 It's been said by many people, that I am still only 16 years old inside my head!! LOL!!
          I have never thrown a leg over any make or model of motorcycle and had nothing but a good time!!"""""""

I'll be leaving Florida on the 24th of November heading to my place in Pennsylvania for my 59th deer season. I've been lucky enough to deer hunt 59 years in a row. I been hunting with my best friend for 55 years. Also my son BGBLK06 for 34 years in Pennsylvania, you had to be 12 to hunt there then. I've hunted with my son since he was 6 years old. We've hunted together for 40 years now. Life is good. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

IBA #57814
            SaddleSore 1075 Miles in 24 hours (certified)
            BunBurner 1632 Miles in 36 hours (certified)
            Prowler #81
            Double Darksider # 792
            Alaska 2012 / 2014

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page