Another Shooting in a "Gun Free Zone"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another Shooting in a "Gun Free Zone"

    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/P...280329652.html

    These keep happening at schools. You'd think these people would be able to read that guns aren't allowed!!!
    2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper



    Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

  • #2
    Instead of viewing this as a senseless tragedy, you however, view it as the perfect opportunity to make a political statement..
    You're not well.
    .

    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


    • Wheels
      Wheels commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by on the road View Post
      . . .
      You're not well.
      This.......coming from you!!!! Pardon me while I LMAO. How on earth can you keep track of your "mod duties" while over here. LOL

    • Fred in GA
      Fred in GA commented
      Editing a comment
      M2.................LOL

    • In2cjs
      In2cjs commented
      Editing a comment
      You mean unlike the call for gun control before the bodies cool.
      It is sad and it's because a individual hell bent on making a headline for himself.

  • #3
    I heard about this shooting this morning, while laying in my hospital bed. The shooting in Marysville, WA. was about 35 miles north of the hospital I was in.

    Very sad that these things continue to happen.

    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


    • #4
      Originally posted by MMR View Post
      I heard about this shooting this morning, while laying in my hospital bed. The shooting in Marysville, WA. was about 35 miles north of the hospital I was in.

      Very sad that these things continue to happen.
      Sad indeed.
      My heart goes out to the parents of the students that were killed or injured.
      .

      Comment: (For off-topic replies)


      • #5
        It is another sad and sickening action by a young disturbed person and it makes no sense.
        Dave - High up in Arizona - Black Metallic 2019 DCT

        Comment: (For off-topic replies)


        • #6
          Originally posted by on the road View Post
          Instead of viewing this as a senseless tragedy, you however, view it as the perfect opportunity to make a political statement..
          You're not well.
          You assume way too much. Why does it have to be "instead"? I can view it as both. It is a senseless tragedy, made worse by the stupid politics involved.

          Every single time such a shooting occurs, it should reopen the debate for the "political statement." It is "feel good politics" that got us in a situation where we openly advertise that the weakest among us, our children, are as defenseless as cattle in a pen.
          2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper



          Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

          Comment: (For off-topic replies)


          • #7
            No amount of Gun Control could have prevented this - Except Removal of Guns from everyone (that) is the under lying reason for any proposed Gun laws to begin with.

            Since this happened one (D) has called for it all ready - Using this as just another plat form fro confiscation to begin and total control of Gov't over everyone. BEWARE
            Whoever said money can’t buy happiness, never paid for a divorce


            IBA # 40576

            Comment: (For off-topic replies)


            • #8
              Many (most?) public schools in Texas have armed police or a trained and armed faculty on the campus whenever students are present.

              School shooting in Texas, while not impossible, are far less likely than in wacko states where guns are only held and used by criminal thugs.
              Harvey Barlow
              Crosby County, TX
              2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
              2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

              Comment: (For off-topic replies)


              • #9
                Originally posted by HBarlow View Post
                Many (most?) public schools in Texas have armed police or a trained and armed faculty on the campus whenever students are present.

                School shooting in Texas, while not impossible, are far less likely than in wacko states where guns are only held and used by criminal thugs.
                Not counting armed faculties, schools have at most 1 or 2 armed patrolmen within school boundaries. These never seem to happen in front of an armed guard; who in reality must then traverse the school grounds to the site of the incident. If only 1 unidentified teacher can be armed in each area of a school, these cowards are likely to rethink their actions.
                2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
                USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
                US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
                2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
                2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

                50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

                Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                • #10
                  Originally posted by clayusmcret View Post

                  Not counting armed faculties, schools have at most 1 or 2 armed patrolmen within school boundaries. These never seem to happen in front of an armed guard; who in reality must then traverse the school grounds to the site of the incident. If only 1 unidentified teacher can be armed in each area of a school, these cowards are likely to rethink their actions.
                  Armed teachers wouldn't have made the slightest difference to a student whose intent was to kill a few
                  students..... and then kill himself.
                  All he needs is three things: The right time, the right place, and a loaded gun.
                  .

                  Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by on the road View Post

                    Armed teachers wouldn't have made the slightest difference to a student whose intent was to kill a few
                    students..... and then kill himself.
                    All he needs is three things: The right time, the right place, and a loaded gun.
                    http://www.stoptheshootings.org/state/TX

                    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...since-newtown/

                    Imagine if a school teacher fired a weapon (which the school and school board sanctioned him/her to carry on school property.)
                    That the weapon was discharged and an innocent child was stuck with the bullet from that weapon.?

                    What do you believe the parents of that innocent child would do?
                    a) SUE the school?
                    b) SUE the school district?
                    c) SUE the school administration?
                    d) SUE the teacher that fired the weapon?

                    e) ALL of the above

                    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                    • #12
                      Imagine if a teacher fired a weapon and stopped a bad person intent on killing a lot of children.....

                      Anyone carrying a weapon should be trained well enough to be responsible for their bullets when fired. Otherwise they should not be carrying a weapon.
                      2006 Titanium Level 3 'Wing with a few 'farkles. From Mesa, Az.
                      My avatar is me from a recent summer ride in the Phoenix Az area:"Its a dry heat"

                      Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by azsandrider View Post
                        Imagine if a teacher fired a weapon and stopped a bad person intent on killing a lot of children.....
                        An armed teacher would have no way of knowing his intent or if he was a "bad person" until after he had pulled the trigger and killed the students.

                        .

                        Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                        • azsandrider
                          azsandrider commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Huh? So you are saying a teacher trained in the use of firearms and being reasonably intelligent would not be able to determine whether a person walking through a high school brandishing a weapon and shooting at kids would not be able to determine whether said person actively shooting kids is a bad person or not?

                          Even if the person brandishing the weapon in a school has not yet shot anyone, it would be just cause to 'draw down' on that person and give commands to drop the weapon and lay down on the floor with hands over head until the police arrived. If the person refused to drop the weapon, then drop the person. The shoot would be justified.

                      • #14
                        You don't have to kill any children to show intent.

                        Unless there is a difference in "political beliefs than if you are a teacher from a red zone and shoot someone
                        from the blue zone with out the proper powder burn patterns
                        your screwed

                        Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                        • #15
                          Originally posted by on the road View Post

                          Armed teachers wouldn't have made the slightest difference to a student whose intent was to kill a few
                          students..... and then kill himself.
                          All he needs is three things: The right time, the right place, and a loaded gun.
                          Define "a few". I agree, that if the person's intent was to shoot one or two, it wouldn't have made a difference, but any more than that, it could have. There have already been instances people who had an obvious intent to shoot many, being stopped at one or two by an armed "civilian".

                          When there are people that are allowed to carry concealed, you eliminate the "knowledge" that it's "the right time".
                          2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper



                          Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

                          Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                          • #16
                            Originally posted by pearlblue1800 View Post

                            http://www.stoptheshootings.org/state/TX

                            http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...since-newtown/

                            Imagine if a school teacher fired a weapon (which the school and school board sanctioned him/her to carry on school property.)
                            That the weapon was discharged and an innocent child was stuck with the bullet from that weapon.?

                            What do you believe the parents of that innocent child would do?
                            a) SUE the school?
                            b) SUE the school district?
                            c) SUE the school administration?
                            d) SUE the teacher that fired the weapon?

                            e) ALL of the above
                            You can "imagine" to your heart's content; however, do you have any evidence that such a thing has ever happened?

                            Would you like instances where an armed school official was able to halt a shooting?
                            2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper



                            Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

                            Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                            • #17
                              You asked for evidence;
                              Here is an incident occurring within the USA of trained Police Officers accidentally shooting citizen's?

                              Yes Parsons this does happen.

                              http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...es-square.html



                              I can assure you that civil and criminal responsibility will be investigated.
                              Court dockets throughout the USA are evidence of such.
                              Anyone who is the subject of a person receiving injury as a result of the negligence of another will find themselves involved with an attorney.

                              I sincerely doubt you will find many school teachers willing to put their financial future at risk, by discharging a firearm in relation to their teaching contract..
                              Teachers attend university so as they will be competent in the profession of teaching.
                              I have little doubt if they (teachers) wanted to be involved in a profession in which the use of a firearm was a requirement, they would have chosen that profession.

                              Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                              • #18
                                Originally posted by pearlblue1800 View Post
                                You asked for evidence;
                                Here is an incident occurring within the USA of trained Police Officers accidentally shooting citizen's?

                                Yes Parsons this does happen.

                                http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...es-square.html



                                I can assure you that civil and criminal responsibility will be investigated.
                                Court dockets throughout the USA are evidence of such.
                                Anyone who is the subject of a person receiving injury as a result of the negligence of another will find themselves involved with an attorney.

                                I sincerely doubt you will find many school teachers willing to put their financial future at risk, by discharging a firearm in relation to their teaching contract..
                                Teachers attend university so as they will be competent in the profession of teaching.
                                I have little doubt if they (teachers) wanted to be involved in a profession in which the use of a firearm was a requirement, they would have chosen that profession.
                                I apparently overestimated your comprehension skills. You said "Imagine if a school teacher fired a weapon ". Nothing was said about a Police Office accidentally shooting a citizen.

                                You may "sincerely doubt" that one could find many school teachers willing to do so, but you would be wrong.

                                Teachers in Texas are permitted to carry concealed if the school district allows it, and some now do. There was no shortage of teachers asking to do so. A quick check shows that other states also have teachers deciding to conceal carry.

                                That's two strikes in one post.
                                2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper



                                Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

                                Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                                • #19
                                  Originally posted by Westdc View Post
                                  No amount of Gun Control could have prevented this - Except Removal of Guns from everyone (that) is the under lying reason for any proposed Gun laws to begin with.

                                  Since this happened one (D) has called for it all ready - Using this as just another plat form fro confiscation to begin and total control of Gov't over everyone. BEWARE
                                  Click on the link and it should link to a PDF file. I can't seem to bring it up. It is pretty interesting.

                                  Preventing Gun Violence Through Effective Messaging,” is more than 70 pages long and was created by a group of Washington, D.C., consultants who did research for a Washington state gun-control advocates. "
                                  "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

                                  Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                                  • #20
                                    Gun Messaging
                                    Voicing Our Values—To Curtail Gun Violence
                                    This is an addendum to our book, Voicing Our Values: A Message Guide for Candidates. Our purpose is to help lawmakers, candidates and activists understand how to argue in favor of current proposals to curtail gun violence. As we explain here, we have tried to make this resource as easy-to-use as possible by placing model language in boxes throughout. We encourage you to adapt the language to your own voice and personalize it with your own knowledge and experience. Much more comprehensive, detailed or technical talking points are available from advocacy groups listed at the end of this paper.
                                    QUICK LINKS:
                                    Our most important advice: (1) Lay out the problem in very simple termsmost Americans have no idea how easy our laws make it for dangerous people to buy handguns and assault weapons; (2) Don’t let pro-gun advocates sidetrack the debate into “straw man” arguments, obscure “facts,” or a focus on the technical properties of gunsabout 90 percent of their arguments are actually designed to change the subject so you need to insist on a debate that is relevant to the legislation at hand; and (3) Generally:
                                    Don’t say . . . Say . . .
                                    Gun control
                                    Stricter gun laws
                                    You oppose the 2nd Amendment
                                    Preventing gun violence
                                    Stronger gun laws
                                    Support for the 2nd Amendment goes hand-in-hand with keeping guns out of the hands of dangerous people
                                    Why . . .
                                    People have negative reactions to “gun control” and “stricter” laws, and they feel positive about the 2nd Amendment. Also, average voters have a favorable view of the National Rifle Association (NRA). You are welcome to criticize the NRA when speaking to the progressive base, but it won’t help you persuade swing voters. That’s why these talking points don’t include anti-NRA language. If the situation requires you to attack the NRA, then condemn “NRA lobbyists” or the “NRA’s out-of-touch leaders.” Do not attack average NRA members or local NRA leaders; that language doesn’t work.

                                    NEXT: How to introduce your argument

                                    HomeGun MessagingHow to introduce your argument

                                    Start with the fundamentals:
                                    Say . . .
                                    The most basic purpose of government is to keep law-abiding citizens safe and secure from crime. But every day, far too many of us are victims of gun violence. Dozens of Americans will be murdered, hundreds of others will be shot, and nearly one-thousand will be robbed or assaulted with a gun—today. (If you can, tell a personal story here.)
                                    Why . . .
                                    Don’t skip the universally-shared values we are fighting for—safety and security. And then, don’t ignore the fundamental facts that motivate us to fight: there are about 10,000 gun murders, about 100,000 people shot, and about 350,000 Americans robbed or assaulted with firearms—every single year. Let people recognize that every day, wherever we go in America, we are all at risk of gun violence. And then:
                                    Say . . .
                                    It is obvious why so many people are killed or victimized with guns, day after day—we have some of the weakest gun laws in the world. To make us, our families, and our communities safer, we need to change a few of those laws—now.
                                    Why . . .
                                    Don’t assume people understand why we need new laws. Link the problem to the solution.






                                    http://www.progressivemajorityaction.org/gun_messaging


                                    "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

                                    Comment: (For off-topic replies)

                                    Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                                    widgetinstance 272 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                    Working...
                                    X