Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why there are no Muslims on Star Trek

The Iranian Ambassador to the UN had just finished giving a speech and walked out into the lobby of the convention center where he was introduced to a U.S. Marine General.

As they talked, the Iranian said, "I have just one question about what I have seen in America."

The General said, “Well, anything I can do to help?"

The Iranian asked, "My son watches this show called Star Trek and in it there is... Kirk who is Canadian, Chekhov who is Russian, Scotty who is Scottish, Uhura who is black and Sulu who is Japanese, but there are NO Muslims. My son is very upset and doesn't understand why there aren't any Iranians, Iraqis, Afghans, Egyptians, Palestinians, Saudis, Syrians or Pakistanis on Star Trek."

The General leaned toward the Iranian Ambassador, and whispered in his ear, "That's because it takes place in the future."

I love it. Make it so !!!
    Education is not necessarily an indication of intelligence.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Cooooool! Now to just make it happen!
      """""""Darksider #10 It's been said by many people, that I am still only 16 years old inside my head!! LOL!!
      I have never thrown a leg over any make or model of motorcycle and had nothing but a good time!!"""""""

Jesus walks into hotel, drops a few nails on the counter and says: "Hey, can you guy put me up for the night?"

A man sees a boy with a box of kittens The man goes over and says "Oh what cute kittens!" The boy replies "Yes they are Christian kittens".
        About a week later the man sees the boy again with the same batch of kittens. Once again he walks over and says "my, those are just adorable!"
        The boy replies "Yes, they are atheist kittens" The man asks "wait, weren't they christian before?"
        The boy looks at the man and says "Yeah but they have their eyes open now"

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation.
          They talked about so many things and various subjects.

When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: 'I don't believe that God exists.'

'Why do you say that?' asked the customer. 'Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist.

Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children?

If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would
          allow all of these things.'

The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument.

The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop.

Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard.

He looked dirty and unkempt.The customer turned back and entered the barbershop again and he said to the barber: 'You know what? Barbers do not exist.'

'How can you say that?' asked the surprised barber. 'I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!'

'No!' the customer exclaimed. 'Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.'

'Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me.'

'Exactly!' affirmed the customer. 'That's the point! God, too, DOES exist!

That's what happens when people do not go to Him and don't
          look to Him for help. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world

That was funny Joe...
            John - Richmond 2013 GL1800, Level 3

Originally posted by Wing_it View Post
              A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation.
              They talked about so many things and various subjects.

When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: 'I don't believe that God exists.'

'Why do you say that?' asked the customer. 'Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist.

Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children?

If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would
              allow all of these things.'

The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument.

The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop.

Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard.

He looked dirty and unkempt.The customer turned back and entered the barbershop again and he said to the barber: 'You know what? Barbers do not exist.'

'How can you say that?' asked the surprised barber. 'I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!'

'No!' the customer exclaimed. 'Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.'

'Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me.'

'Exactly!' affirmed the customer. 'That's the point! God, too, DOES exist!

That's what happens when people do not go to Him and don't
              look to Him for help. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world

Oh...the General in the joke believes that we're going to kill all the Muslims on Earth.

Okay, I get it.

There is more scientific proof that Big Foot exists then a God or Gods exist..

Discuss....
                  2006 Titanium Level 3 'Wing with a few 'farkles. From Mesa, Az.
                  My avatar is me from a recent summer ride in the Phoenix Az area:"Its a dry heat"

Originally posted by azsandrider View Post
                    There is more scientific proof that Big Foot exists then a God or Gods exist..

Discuss....
                    This could be interesting if, and that's a big if, it can be kept objective. If it can't remain objective then it's just going to be a cess pool for Chris to have to deal with and that being the case I'm out. Having said that my first point would be that science can neither prove nor disprove God.

Does the absence of proof mean the absence of the subject you are trying to prove? Are the believers going to put their 'faith' in science to make a determined study to prove the existence of God or Gods? Will they accept the findings if the science proves that God or Gods do not exist?

If we all remain adults and keep emotion from our statements, meaning no getting upset and name calling, this could be an interesting and philosophical debate. It does not mean you have to have faith or not and my statements do not indicate what my beliefs are.

But the subject can be an interesting though experiment to rationally debate such topics, if you can restrain oneself to rational arguments. If you can, don't read this...
                      2006 Titanium Level 3 'Wing with a few 'farkles. From Mesa, Az.
                      My avatar is me from a recent summer ride in the Phoenix Az area:"Its a dry heat"

• azsandrider
                          azsandrider commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I like this, and so true...

The caption can also be changed for internet forums....lol

I am not sure there is any scientific proof that DaVinci actually lived and walked the Earth, but when you look at one of his paintings, isn't that alone evidence that he existed?
                        GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
                        Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

• azsandrider
                          azsandrider commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Actually, I think his art work, journals, remains buried, etc would be considered proof and can be supported by science...

Let's say I'm a solipsist. I challenge anyone here to prove to me that any of you are anything more than my vivid imagination. You cannot do it.
                        2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper

Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

• azsandrider
                          azsandrider commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That is true...You may be creating all of this in your own mind and none of us exist...Or maybe we are all programs in a sentient super computer and it is bored so it plays 'god'....hmmmm

Originally posted by hparsons View Post
                        Let's say I'm a solipsist. I challenge anyone here to prove to me that any of you are anything more than my vivid imagination. You cannot do it.
                        In that we only exist and do per what you imagine that would only be possible if you imagined us proving this point. I suggest having a talk with your imagination about better outcomes in allowing others to ban you from forums

If only it would come true
                          T.A. Jens
                          The Pizza Man
                          1800 06 White Champion Trike
                          2005 Bunkhouse Camper
                          2006 Breeze Cargo Trailer
                          GWRRA Life Member

Originally posted by Wing_it View Post

In that we only exist and do per what you imagine that would only be possible if you imagined us proving this point. I suggest having a talk with your imagination about better outcomes in allowing others to ban you from forums
                            It was my imagination leading me to imagine a better forum; which would explain why so many people came here shortly after, and also explain why all of them have been such (imaginary) fine folks.

Well, except for one or two, no names mentioned
                            2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper

Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

• Cruiseman
                              Cruiseman commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Why don't you imagine me 20 years younger, sitting on a beach with a hot blonde?

• hparsons
                              hparsons commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Well, I tried. I saw you twenty years younger, but I guess jealousy kicked in, and you were a scrawny geeky kid, and the blonde kept deciding she liked fat older guys, and you had this sad, forlorn look on your face.

Gave it my best shot.... sorry....

Originally posted by hparsons View Post

It was my imagination leading me to imagine a better forum; which would explain why so many people came here shortly after, and also explain why all of them have been such (imaginary) fine folks.

Well, except for one or two, no names mentioned
                            Good one parsons lol

Originally posted by azsandrider View Post
                              Does the absence of proof mean the absence of the subject you are trying to prove? Are the believers going to put their 'faith' in science to make a determined study to prove the existence of God or Gods? Will they accept the findings if the science proves that God or Gods do not exist?

If we all remain adults and keep emotion from our statements, meaning no getting upset and name calling, this could be an interesting and philosophical debate. It does not mean you have to have faith or not and my statements do not indicate what my beliefs are.

But the subject can be an interesting though experiment to rationally debate such topics, if you can restrain oneself to rational arguments. If you can, don't read this...
                              Ahhh emotion, speaking of God can tend to arouse people's emotions. Actually I think the fact that we have emotions is just another evidence of a creator God who made man in His image. Following the theme of evolution, emotions would be apt to get in the way of survival of the fittest.

As to faith, I believe faith is an integral element of one's belief whether it be in God or evolution. The one difference for me is that evolution requires much more faith to accept as truth as the deeper one questions evolution there are more holes and gaps in the theory that can only be bridged by faith.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page