X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another rocket scientist on the Dragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKzKTIEjbO8#t=66

Watch the HD rider. But as a whole the group in my mind didnt make a good decision at the time to pull out. What do you think?

He obviously did not know how to lift is bike up
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

All I saw was a guy trying to pick up his Harley
      T.A. Jens
      The Pizza Man
      1800 06 White Champion Trike
      2005 Bunkhouse Camper
      2006 Breeze Cargo Trailer
      GWRRA Life Member

Originally posted by Pizza Man View Post
        All I saw was a guy trying to pick up his Harley
        Same here but I hit refresh and the whole thing played.

Pretty embarrassing. If yo going to fall, at least do it with some style!

There was a group from Sweden staying at our hotel when I was out in Montana couple years ago. They rented their HDs from a place in Florida.
          "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

I see a bike following the camera bike decide to pass the group trying to pull out which freaked the one rider out causing him to try and stop and not being able to hold it up he went down. I think they all could have avoided this type of mishap by being a bit more patient (passing biker) and a bit more cautious (group pulling out). Everyone is in too much of a hurry. If the rider had kept going instead of dropping his bike there most likely would have been some ugly contact between him and the passing bike.
            Dave - High up in Arizona - Black Metallic 2019 DCT

If the guy riding (dropping) the bike knew how to slow ride (clutch, throttle, brake) then he would not have to pick up the bike.

Slow riding is a skill that is more important then knowing how to corner fast....
              2006 Titanium Level 3 'Wing with a few 'farkles. From Mesa, Az.
              My avatar is me from a recent summer ride in the Phoenix Az area:"Its a dry heat"

The link - change the T=66 to T=0 and it will play from the beginning.

They were all trying desperately to be in front of the trike...but the trike at least came to a stop and watched the incident happen.

Effective 09/29/2021, in a self-imposed "social media detox" - focusing on offline social interactions and actions.

Originally posted by azsandrider View Post
                  If the guy riding (dropping) the bike knew how to slow ride (clutch, throttle, brake) then he would not have to pick up the bike.

Slow riding is a skill that is more important then knowing how to corner fast....

You hit the nail on the head....slow riding is more important than knowing how to corner fast. It is all about bike CONTROL.

Drop your bike in the road, then screw around picking it up like you are the only one riding that day... lucky they weren't all nailed by the next crotch rocket coming around the last curve.

Don't forget to factor in that most of these folks probably just ride on weekends and holidays only....

Kinda like the wild boaters and jet skiers that come out to the lake on the weekends and holidays.

Yep...The less skilled MC riders are what give us all a bad name....

Actually riding and practice the skills keeps you safe....and anti lock brakes...and proper gear....
                      2006 Titanium Level 3 'Wing with a few 'farkles. From Mesa, Az.
                      My avatar is me from a recent summer ride in the Phoenix Az area:"Its a dry heat"

Seems to me like it's to much bike for this rider. Bike should of never been dropped, his buddy in the front came to a stop(on dirt mind you). Lucky he didn't have someone on back.

No biggie, it just fell over. Bike got leverage on him and gravity is a *****.

Agree Rick S...but he sure seems like he has not been riding very long...

John
                            John - Richmond 2013 GL1800, Level 3

Everyone flames out occasionally, Gravity got me on my vstrom once, grabbed the front brake with wheel turned in my drive way - the heifer showed me who was boss that day. You are right probably a newer rider.

• Wing_it
                                Wing_it commented
                                Editing a comment
                                "grabbed the front brake with wheel turned in my drive way"

Yep, been there, done that

Originally posted by Rick S View Post
                              Everyone flames out occasionally, Gravity got me on my vstrom once, grabbed the front brake with wheel turned in my drive way - the heifer showed me who was boss that day. You are right probably a newer rider.
                              I had ridden for over 20 years before I learned about not braking with the front wheel turned. I suspect I always just muscled my way through problems because my previous bikes were always lighter. But, I got my GL1500, and pulled into my driveway off the street while breaking. Down she went. Almost in slow motion, but it was definitely dropped. About a week later, I did the same thing again. I couldn't figure it out. Then I was in a GWRRA class, and they were explaining the physics involved when braking in a curve, and it finally became clear to me. It took a while, but retrained my muscle memory to always straighten out the front wheel before braking to a stop.
                              2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper

Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

I started out on dirt bikes back in the 60's and learned about that. Sometimes you have to be reminded. I am glad it was the Suzuki and not the wing. Sometimes it seemed the dirt bikes rode me more than I rode them. As the saying goes......crap happens.

Originally posted by Rick S View Post
                                  Everyone flames out occasionally
                                  Say what ? I must be hanging wiht the wrong crowd...eh ? :p

I believe the issue in this video is that too many newby riders put the cart before the horse....go out and buy a big new bike...in this case a HD, and think they are somehow a bad ass biker.
                                  It all starts with bike control. Learn the basics, and perfect them. I mean that...perfect them. Spend several years learning and perfecting the art of Slow Racing....or slow riding, for those that are offended by the word "racing". Learn to ride a bike as slow as possible, balancing it...not putting your feet on the ground, before learing to ride the bike at 100 mph through a hairpin curve.

As with almost everything in life...learn to do A...before doing B, and then going on to C.

Not "everyone" flames out occasionally. Those that are not prepared...skilled.... or experienced...do flame out....but that is the point to Bike Control.

Oh to be perfect

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page