X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 'Goody'

More problems with 'fair' admin on 'the other site.'

They have a policy of NO Political Posts. If that is enforced, why do they allow:

So, if the 'policy' is NO TOLERANCE FOR POLITICAL POSTS, why does SpikeBoy and the admins allow this?

Idiots and Liberals have Every Right to cut themselves from the herd, and we shouldn't go wasting taxpayer coin trying to stop them.

Just askin'.

Just one of many - - - - -

Joe T.

In their defense (not that I am trying to make a habit of that), it is possible that they have not seen the post yet, or, it is also possible that they "like" the person making the post. The good news is, anyone who does not like the way they moderate their forum now has a choice.
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
      In their defense (not that I am trying to make a habit of that), it is possible that they have not seen the post yet, or, it is also possible that they "like" the person making the post. The good news is, anyone who does not like the way they moderate their forum now has a choice.

Their "rules" over there are very flexible. I once got a warning for saying "those on the left" (it wasn't even a derogatory, just an identification). Heard another user got a temp ban for "naming a direction", I'm sure he was talking about the same thing. My one temporary ban was because a user (who had a long history of personal insults towards me) said that his state was full of backwoods people (he included his state name in user name). I agreed with him, but added something to the effect of the description pretty much covers all of their residents. I thought that was pretty tame myself, but I got a 7 day ban for personal attacks. I didn't protest, because honestly, it really was directed at him (I'll add that my ex-wife lives there, and that factored in). The following week, a favored user called me a "blithering idiot", and the moderator defended it. I also pointed out that the moderator had, a number of times, personally insulted another member (who was also a sponsor!). He defended those actions as well, and when I posted the examples he deleted the thread. That was the beginning of the end for me, I was gone without explanation within a few weeks.

That same (former) moderator, now openly calls Cruiseman a liar, without any ramifications. That forum has jumped the shark, and their lack of honestly in the dealings will cost them.
        2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper

Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

Originally posted by kniterider View Post
          [/B]

They do have a choice. The thing is, if a forum is ran properly, you hardly know it is being moderated. Every now and then some fool will rear his ugly head but for the most part things just happen. Looks now like things are breaking into "factions".
          2007 Crucible Orange Metallic
          2009 Kawasaki Red Concours 14
          AMA Life Member 0672853
          IBA Member 8846 Premier
          NRA Life Member

Just a personal opinion, but I am tired of seeing posts on this site about problems on another site. I came here because Cruiseman invited me and it seems to be a site devoted to enjoying the GL188, riding the 1800, and wrenching on the GL1800 with the ability to discuss other bikes as well. Lets put the past behind us and move forward.

If you have complaints about another site take up those issues there with the Admns or owners.
            Harvey
            Ride Safe and Ride Often

Originally posted by harvey View Post
              Just a personal opinion, but I am tired of seeing posts on this site about problems on another site. I came here because Cruiseman invited me and it seems to be a site devoted to enjoying the GL188, riding the 1800, and wrenching on the GL1800 with the ability to discuss other bikes as well. Lets put the past behind us and move forward.

If you have complaints about another site take up those issues there with the Admns or owners.
              I suppose you are right but some of us just have to get a few good last kicks in as they are still a thorn to be removed. I personally have nothing to take up with mods or owners and we will happily move on.
              Dave - High up in Arizona - Black Metallic 2019 DCT

Unfortunately, some of us can't "take it up with the Admins or owners" because the mods have cut off our access. People established friendships there, and suddenly one side of the friendships can't communicate, and the other side hears nothing and wonders what's going on. In the middle of it, the moderators/owners/whatevers get on the forum and blatantly lie about what's going on, then you've got a situation where those that can't communicate about what's going on desire to do so, somehow.

I think it's an appropriate discussion matter for the "off topic" forum. They're pretty plainly labeled, and I think it's fair to suggest that those that don't like 'em, don't read 'em.

Personally, I don't plan on bringing them up (I don't even know if I have started any discussions here about them, I may have, but there aren't many); but when someone asks what's going on, I don't have a problem at all answering them. I thought it was ridiculous that the modes/owners/whatevers over there claimed something "wasn't and couldn't be done", when I knew that from a technological standpoint it could, and could prove that it was.
                2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper

Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

I appreciate that. I think that all of this talk will eventually die down. There are a lot of raw feelings still and that will take a bit of time to heal. Someday, this thread will be buried as a footnote in history.
                  GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
                  Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Originally posted by harvey97

I have tried your suggestion sir and that is why I got my permanent ban I tried to go thru the "chain of command" but apparently all communiques are being censored by the mods before anything can get to veticalscope

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page