I Am Now A Troll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hondadiver View Post
    Interesting read , yes that place is going downhill , and now that Fred has left it will not be the same, and it seems the regulars who talk and help the 1800 lovers crowd are just not posting as much
    That is true, there only a half dozen really knowledgeable people left to help with difficult problems.
    2007 Crucible Orange Metallic
    2009 Kawasaki Red Concours 14
    AMA Life Member 0672853
    IBA Member 8846 Premier
    NRA Life Member

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by 530ktm View Post
      I have been labeled a troll now.
      I have been labeled a troll also but that is because I was born in the lower peninsula of Michigan (trolls live under the bridge).

Sorry for the hijack but the other place has the same glide capability of a rock. (going down fast)

RJ

I just learned that yet another thread was closed at the other place and someone disappeared because they mentioned another forums name. The mods are still doing a wonderful job of ****ing off members and losing more than they are gaining.
        Dave - Arizona - 2012/GL1800

We are gaining new members every day. Wonder why?
          GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
          Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

I rarely even look at the place anymore let alone post. I did however have to comment on MrK's video they shot on the Sturgis run. I like to follow him on his rides as they always look like they are having a great time.
            I've tried to convince MrK to come on here (via phone text message, he lives down the street from me, but I'm sure the MODs would get me for that, if they could figure out a way); and haven't been able to convince him (yet). He said he's an "all in or all out" kinda guy. But I'm hoping to see him around here. I'm afraid I may be missing the RTEs, and definitely do not want to miss the next Stuffed Turkey Run to Big Bend!
            2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper

Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

Well I have been officially banned over there as I sent someone else a PM in code yet as someone here mentioned. I am not sure how they intercepted that other than reading things in peoples private message box. I sent this message - The Good Luck For Open Road Unless Made dot com is a place you may like to go to. I thought I was being rather clever but apparently not.

Well I have been officially banned over there as I sent someone else a PM in code yet as someone here mentioned. I am not sure how they intercepted that other than reading things in peoples private message box. I sent this message - The Good Luck For Open Road Unless Made dot com is a place you may like to go to. I thought I was being rather clever but apparently not.
                Ooops, my bad. That was my recommendation (though it wasn't my idea, I saw someone else on here mention that elsewhere). Sorry to deprive you of that...

Another thing someone can try is having them follow this link http://bit.ly/1kI9CwP. It won't take them here, but it will get them in the neighborhood. Maybe this will slide past the autobots...
                  White '08 Navi
                  SW OH

Originally posted by Taddpole View Post

Another thing someone can try is having them follow this link http://bit.ly/1kI9CwP. It won't take them here, but it will get them in the neighborhood. Maybe this will slide past the autobots...
                    Well I would give it a try but you know I am a bad person over there. I still can't figure out how they got me with my message. Hey Jeff, you watching all of this over here?

Originally posted by twobigcats
                      . . . nose-thumbing at a forum won't carry the day for long . . . i came here because i appreciate cruiseman's willingness to pass on his knowledge of the gl1800 and i'm interested in seeing if a community actually develops. (wishing him well, btw)
                      I would agree. Like many (and growing it seems), I was a long time member of a community that I enjoyed greatly who was asked to leave. As often shared, I deeply cared about that community as I felt I owed it a great deal for all the benefits that I had received from it and the many great friendships (many life long) my wife and I had made. However, when I was asked to leave, while disappointed, I did so with no regrets. I've heard that I am looked upon as a trouble maker by the "new team," and that's too bad, given that no one was a bigger fan and advocate for promoting that community while out on the road and meeting new riders. My hope is that I might continue to stay in contact with many of the friends that I have made as part of the new communities that I am now making time to visit. My loyalty to one caused me to overlook many, but I am trying to change that, thus look forward to being a member in good standing here as well as other sites.

I've learned a few things along the way, some of which have surprised me and some I have experienced many times before. I have only been known on the "internet" as this guy named "Wheels." As such, I have gotten to know many who, like me, also want to enjoy this fantastic thing we know as motorcycling. It's cool to see a bunch of my friends from "another" community that I am part of and grew up in, enjoying something that they never thought they could. My hope is that those who I might be able to help, are able to "find" this guy known as Wheels and that I can share some of the valuable information that I gained from some talented folks from another time.

It was made clear that I was no longer welcomed "there," and as such respected the wishes of those who asked me to leave. For me, I see no value in being a part of something that does not wish for "you" to be a part of it, thus no need to "recreate" a "new me." Wheels is who I am and who I plan to be. If that works, great, if not, so be it. No one has had more fun than I along this internet journey and when the gig is up, I want to be sure that everyone knew that Wheels has left the building and not one of a hundred possible identities.

As such, I might suggest, and it is only my opinion (and we all know about that, given it can get me viewed as a trouble maker), that I too would suggest "letting it go," and instead redirect a positive energy to other site(s) and help them flourish. I have read that "everyone knows all there is to know about Goldwings," and yet I still see new bikes being sold and new riders asking the same questions I asked almost 10 years ago. While I am far from an "expert" (I added that for a few of my "buddies" that seem to follow me around on the internet, LOL), I still enjoy trying to help where I can. So with that, I ask that when and if you find someone looking for ole Wheels for some help on how to get out of a wheelchair and ride a motorcycle, I ask that you point them in the "right" direction.

I have, however gone with a new Avatar that seems to be more suited for me. I hear that black is very slimming. LOL Wishing you all safe riding and enjoy the rest of your riding season and thanks for allowing me (ok, maybe not everyone, LOL), to be a part of this new community.

__________________________________________________ __________

Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
                      Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

Very well written, my Friend !! and I do like the new Avatar
                        T.A. Jens
                        The Pizza Man
                        1800 06 White Champion Trike
                        2005 Bunkhouse Camper
                        2006 Breeze Cargo Trailer
                        GWRRA Life Member

Originally posted by Wheels View Post

I have, however gone with a new Avatar that seems to be more suited for me. I hear that black is very slimming. LOL Wishing you all safe riding and enjoy the rest of your riding season and thanks for allowing me (ok, maybe not everyone, LOL), to be a part of this new community.
                          It appears that it darkens your hair as well :D

Originally posted by hparsons View Post

It appears that it darkens your hair as well :D

Wheels,

Welcome. We missed you!

Joe T.

Hey Joe, thanks for the kind words. All the best to ya.

I would agree. Like many (and growing it seems), I was a long time member of a community that I enjoyed greatly who was asked to leave. As often shared, I deeply cared about that community as I felt I owed it a great deal for all the benefits that I had received from it and the many great friendships (many life long) my wife and I had made. However, when I was asked to leave, while disappointed, I did so with no regrets. I've heard that I am looked upon as a trouble maker by the "new team," and that's too bad, given that no one was a bigger fan and advocate for promoting that community while out on the road and meeting new riders. My hope is that I might continue to stay in contact with many of the friends that I have made as part of the new communities that I am now making time to visit. My loyalty to one caused me to overlook many, but I am trying to change that, thus look forward to being a member in good standing here as well as other sites.

I've learned a few things along the way, some of which have surprised me and some I have experienced many times before. I have only been known on the "internet" as this guy named "Wheels." As such, I have gotten to know many who, like me, also want to enjoy this fantastic thing we know as motorcycling. It's cool to see a bunch of my friends from "another" community that I am part of and grew up in, enjoying something that they never thought they could. My hope is that those who I might be able to help, are able to "find" this guy known as Wheels and that I can share some of the valuable information that I gained from some talented folks from another time.

It was made clear that I was no longer welcomed "there," and as such respected the wishes of those who asked me to leave. For me, I see no value in being a part of something that does not wish for "you" to be a part of it, thus no need to "recreate" a "new me." Wheels is who I am and who I plan to be. If that works, great, if not, so be it. No one has had more fun than I along this internet journey and when the gig is up, I want to be sure that everyone knew that Wheels has left the building and not one of a hundred possible identities.

As such, I might suggest, and it is only my opinion (and we all know about that, given it can get me viewed as a trouble maker), that I too would suggest "letting it go," and instead redirect a positive energy to other site(s) and help them flourish. I have read that "everyone knows all there is to know about Goldwings," and yet I still see new bikes being sold and new riders asking the same questions I asked almost 10 years ago. While I am far from an "expert" (I added that for a few of my "buddies" that seem to follow me around on the internet, LOL), I still enjoy trying to help where I can. So with that, I ask that when and if you find someone looking for ole Wheels for some help on how to get out of a wheelchair and ride a motorcycle, I ask that you point them in the "right" direction.

Wow! I can't believe what is happening over there, but as usual Wheels, you remain the better man and maintain such a positive attitude. Truly admirable!

May I say.........Well said!!. Simply saying I also with self voluntary decision opted to leave the mess of past times and to simply move forward to a new and better time.

All of those whom I call friends most of them had already been under the POOF button. The simple values of good, honor, respect, and simple everyday understanding of others was no more. Yet I do see that some subjects of disharmony were added to the OTE as many fell in the simple discussion of such subjects, when such things were to be allowed with no intelligent contest and when intelligent contest was called personal attack by the ...........gosh no other word is there........cry babies. Lol!

I do agree with Cruiseman when he simply says, this is all the past, time to move forward and make things better. I will try my best to help him and all who care to do so, as this community is already off to a wonderful start. All of those who do get out and go time to time are already here.

To dwell upon things and to seek revenge and to harbor hard feelings only brings to self a frown. It is much more fun to just smile.

Time to move forward and just keep your smile.

This is also an American forum, with American founding and purpose. May it bring to all a purpose of community between real members beyond corporate and commercial enterprise.

Cheers

Kit

I too have had enough of the other site. I started a post on the other forum asking if enough people vote yes, that maybe " Wheels" would return to the site. The post then got locked by VS Jeff and was warned to not mention Wheels name any longer and read a post that Bartman had made that claimed Wheels left on his own. I also posted about a thread on pot being legalized that I was against it and it was removed by the moderators. It also had references to GWG in it but he was the one that started the thread. Anyway, I am glad to see some of the old characters from the other forum over here and look forward to having some good old discussions. Kit good to see your still around and kicking.

I know the name is already in use, but since there are so many members here that were banned over there, would this be the real "Darkside"?

No, that site is the Dark Side.
                                          T.A. Jens
                                          The Pizza Man
                                          1800 06 White Champion Trike
                                          2005 Bunkhouse Camper
                                          2006 Breeze Cargo Trailer
                                          GWRRA Life Member

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page