Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Mr President... we're waiting for your comment

I'm waiting for the Golfer-in-Chief and his partner in crime, Attorney General Holder, to condemn this obviously racist behavior.

But, nothing to see here... move along, move along.
    Late on Saturday night, a mob of black teens swarmed a Kroger grocery store in Memphis, Tennessee and proceeded to beat two store employees and one customer to the ground.
    Dave
    US Air Force (retired)

OH NO! A political thread!

Sorry I though I was on the other board.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

It's a double standard now days.
      But I guess animals do what animals do.

SBB

BO won't condemn it and he won't send Holder. Never mind about Sharpton or Jackson showing up. However, once the looters get out of jail in Furgason, look for them to show up.

Again, this points to a lack of a moral compass with our youth and in their home.
        "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

I generally have 17 rounds, I wonder how many you would have to drop before the rest gave up and ran? Two, four?

I wonder if our modern justice system would allow you to defend yourself?

There is another situation lately also, they roam the streets looking for an old person or someone they think is not able to defend themselves and they knock them out and beat them up.

Nice world we have today........taint it?

Originally posted by Kit Carson View Post

There is another situation lately also, they roam the streets looking for an old person or someone they think is not able to defend themselves and they knock them out and beat them up.

Animals is what I call them.

SBB

I generally have 17 rounds, I wonder how many you would have to drop before the rest gave up and ran? Two, four?

I wonder if our modern justice system would allow you to defend yourself?

But then you would be the racist and all hell would break loose again. It seems as though reverse discrimination and such is okay in this country these days, in more ways than one.
              Dave - High up in Arizona - Black Metallic 2019 DCT

Which is precisely why I live in the country. I do worry (extensively) about my youngest, who lives in Brooklyn.
                Dave
                US Air Force (retired)

Originally posted by 530ktm View Post
                  But then you would be the racist and all hell would break loose again. It seems as though reverse discrimination and such is okay in this country these days, in more ways than one.
                  I could convey some truths to some of this, but although the most of us are at least partly conservative in our views, spoken truth is never well received as forums are a cross section of society. Truths tend to bring about accusations to veil truth.

Personally although these actions are predominately seen in one group of humanity, it matters not to me what race you are, if you wish to beat up old people for sport, attack others for sport and meanness, and your moral compass is below broken, then that person or persons have become a disease that needs to be eliminated.

A wild animal will attack you for a reason, be it to eat you as prey or to protect its young. This part of humanity that conducts these acts against others are less than animals. There is no reason for any of it, other than simple meanness and sport.

It has come to be though because of us, yes us. Not sure how we could have prevented it though, but when thugs, crime and acts of wrongful actions are given rights by the system of law, then it deteriorates to the point we see it develop today. We also today have instant communications and computers and news and actions are instantly seen by all, and copy cat acts become the new sport. Also use our spoken words as an example, for good people in this world are now held hostage to the demand to provide right to wrong. If one speaks up too hard society tends to punish those who do wish to bring simple decency and respect to others. When an accumulation of things bad, become acceptable, this demands many more things to also become acceptable.

I think it will only get worse and worse unless society does demand punishment fitting such crimes , but from what I see I am not going to expect a change of viewpoints towards rights given to criminal acts anytime soon.

We on this forum are but a very small part of things, most of us a bit ornery, more adventure minded, a bit older, and part of a dying generation. Even when I talk to young people about some of these things, it is amazing how their education contains forgiveness and allowance for crime and tends to create acceptance.

Yes our moral compass is broken, beyond broken it is in the gutter. Not us we are the remaining dinosaurs, but the majority of society now has morals of a gutter snake.

I thought this was a motorcycle forum, but I guess I was wrong. Just another sounding block to bring out the racial tensions and hatred that exist on both sides. Yes, there is racial, religious, sexual preference and many other issues in America and they will not be answered overnight, but I did not thing that this board too would end up being a sounding block for them. Forum Moderator where are you?

Originally posted by Redwing2012 View Post
                      I thought this was a motorcycle forum, but I guess I was wrong. Just another sounding block to bring out the racial tensions and hatred that exist on both sides. Yes, there is racial, religious, sexual preference and many other issues in America and they will not be answered overnight, but I did not thing that this board too would end up being a sounding block for them. Forum Moderator where are you?
                      Oh good grief. "off topic experiment" OTE. or other than motorcycles.
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Ken
                      ..........Central California.........'03 1800 Durango red, the fastest color

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it".......Mark Twain

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity."........ Abraham Lincoln

Thanks for your post. It only illustrates the truth of things spoken. When concerned good people discuss these things someone in the crowd always gets their feelings hurt. Hurt feelings demand justice to call all things wrong to be right and acceptable. One of the real serious situations with our new society.

As the rules do say, if you do not wish to enter into OTE subjects, please refrain from doing so. If you have a thin skin it is very advisable you not enter into them or read the posts.

However you are quite correct in the statement of these things did not happen overnight. Unfortunately they will not be fixed overnight either and I think at this point are beyond a fix. The moral compass is too broken.

Forum Moderator where are you?
                          If you're looking for a moderator... there are plenty of them at this downward spiraling website...
                          Zero Tolerance- NO Political Post. Keep it clean and no personal attacks. Any profanity, sexual content or personal attacks or threats will be removed and the user may lose their privilege to use this site.
                          Dave
                          US Air Force (retired)

Redwing2012, only 4 posts and one is to throw the It's Political! flag? You're underachieving.
                            2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
                            USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
                            US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
                            2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
                            2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

Two hindrances that will exist in society, are hand guns and racism. Personally I think affordable quality education might go a long way to move this nation into a more humane direction.

• Dr Keghead
                                Dr Keghead commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Which only works when parents (as in two of them) are involved. You can throw billions at the problem and it won't help a thing if there are not proper guiding influences during the formative years to help kids become responsible adults. The racist thugs that beat these people could be given the best teachers available and nothing would change.

Looked to me like a "Current Event" post.
                              2007 Crucible Orange Metallic
                              2009 Kawasaki Red Concours 14
                              AMA Life Member 0672853
                              IBA Member 8846 Premier
                              NRA Life Member

If you don't like the thread, move on.
                                Iron Station, NC
                                2003 GL1800A Illusion Blue
                                USAF

"I HAD ONE, BUT THE WHEELS FELL OFF"
                                  "I live my life like a dog,I smell it and if I can't eat it or screw it,i just pi$$ on it and walk away"

Here is the rule for the OTE, if you want a "Motorcycle Only" forum you can go to Wingstuff forum.

If you want to rant and rave about something non-motorcycle related, this is the place. We are more tolerant of Off-Topic subject matter than most forums, but there are still rules that need to be followed.
                                    • No racially insensitive comments
                                    • No personal insults
                                    • No sexually-oriented content
                                    • No religious insults

The rule of thumb here is, if you are overly sensitive to certain topics, you may wish to avoid this area of the forum. If your feelings get hurt, simply don't read it.

We expect every member to respect other members and to self-police. However, we will step in if necessary to protect the integrity of the site.

This forum is the closest think you will find to FREE SPEECH. But there are limits.

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS OR INSULTS OF ANY KIND
                                    Rob

Originally posted by Retired Army View Post
                                      Two hindrances that will exist in society, are hand guns and racism. Personally I think affordable quality education might go a long way to move this nation into a more humane direction.
                                      You could spend a million bucks on each kid and it would not do any good at all. You have to have good parents who enforce simple discipline and you have to have parents that know right from wrong. That is a part of the problem is that parents are as bad or worse than the kids. Look at the age of those conducting these acts, looting the streets and committing violent crime. Guess what, they have kids in high school. They are setting the example of all things.

I have been inside a couple of inner city, large city high schools and it is eye opening. The teachers cannot keep control as their hands are tied by the rules of the parents who refuse to discipline the kids. As a matter of fact the parents attack the teachers if they dare even yell at a kid. In these schools at least weekly a teacher is attacked and assaulted by one of the little darlin's.

Another situation that helps lead to disharmony is those wronged are punished rather than the one who committed the wrong.

For example take a couple teenage boys and one starts picking on another, the one picked on fights back and smacks the one causing all the trouble. The school system wishing to keep the waves from sinking the ship punish the one who simply defended himself. This teaches two things, one is that you cannot fight back and that personal responsibility is thrown away. No matter what you do, someone will protect you from anyone who fights against what was or is wrong. So they go out and hold up the corner store and again someone protects their rights.

As for those guns, well, we would not need them would we if society would provide punishment to crime and acts like current events show us each day. However as punishment is not going to be a part of society, we must protect ourselves from the bad element that is only going to become worse.

Just in the last few months I see the news reports becoming worse and worse, things we find totally unable to understand happen each day.

Better hang unto that gun, you may need it one day, for sure crime and things like meanness for sport are on the increase.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page