Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix that RV tank heater

clayusmcret, what you describe is very common. Take a can of non-chlorinated brake cleaner and thoroughly clean the bottom of the tank, as well as the mounting side of the heating pad. Get a can of 3M automotive trim spray adhesive and coat the bottom of the tank and the top of the heating pad. Let it cure for several minutes and press it back in place. If this is on a motor coach where the tanks are exposed, it's a good idea to seal the edges with foil duct tape to prevent the wind from catching the edges and peeling the pad again. Hope this helps at least a little.

Thanks!! We're currently hanging out in our Class C for another 4-5 days waiting to close on a house. Already drove across the country with only ~20 miles to go (we're at a nearby campground). This evening I put on two bungy cords to hold the pad in place. I'll deal with it once we get moved in, but truly appreciate the instructions!!
    2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
    USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
    US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
    2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
    2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

No problem, I used to have our rental fleet and I had three of those that were always a pain. This was the only way I found to keep them up for any period of time.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page